Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    And here I was initially thinking all of my crashes after the hotfix might have been a bad iOS 10 install which I also got earlier that same day.

2. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Oh god the non stop crashing.

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Lol you kept going on and off and on and off. I was trying to exit the game to see if it would help you

4. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Today's update may finally have it all straightened out. I still experienced a crash after first updating, but no further crashes after taking part in some 20+ different games since then.

5. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    That was really annoying, I don't know why I kept crashing. But it was a really fun couple of games slowly figuring out how to play the new expansion.

Also funny thing about crashing... I got greedy with another online game today and pushed my score up to 3000+ (copied Adayu twice). Now the game crashes whenever I try to enter. I'm basically going to time out this game because I can't end turn. I have 50 hours to buy an iPhone 7 to get enough ram to win this game. /jk

6. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    @LordGek @Daedelus

Right - I have actually spent last night reading some of the expansion rules at last! That makes some more sense!

Will send invites cause not been playing this game recently, but with renewed vigour I'm up for playing! Any invites welcome from others .. pretty sure my in game name is skoptic :)

7. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Lol! And I thought I was late to the party! #

Thanks for the invite - I'm away on a course at the moment so patchy wifi in he hotel. Will accept your invite when I get home tomorrow. Must admit, I haven't had much time to play over the last couple of months either - will be good to get a couple of games going again.

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I think I have met you before in-game.

Again, anyone wants a game, my ID is currymutton

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Haven't been able to connect to the server the past two days, anyone else having problems?

10. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I've been playing a lot for the past week. No problems here. I didn't know your time ran out, thought you forfeited.

11. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Nope I've been able to connect fine. But yeah you just timed out in one of our games.

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #4272 LordGek, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    From Playdek's Facebook page:

EXCITING UPDATE:
    Expansion War of Shadows is coming to Ascension for all platforms on Wednesday March 8 for only $3.99.
    In addition, all other Ascension products will be on sale from March 8 until March 19 (Dreamscape, $1.99, and all other expansions, $0.99).
    ABOUT:
    Ascension: War of Shadows Expansion!
    A new darkness seeps into New Vigil from the Void, intent on restoring despair and desolation to a world that has forgotten it. The four factions recall their veteran heroes and reawaken the great war machines of the past, as they plan their first in the chaotic ebb and flow of light and dark. The War of Shadows has begun!
    New dual-cost Heroes and Constructs require players to use both resources to acquire them, but have incredible power!
    As the balance between Light and Dark shifts, cards gain additional powers depending on whether it’s Night or Day!
    Playable as a stand-alone 1-4 player game, or combine with other Ascension games!

13. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Out already!

I am beaten hard by the Red AI twice in a row. Just as I thought the last one was crazy, this one is even more crazier! Okay, finally find some use of 1 power + 1 rune...

14. poetric

poetric Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Am I going crazy, or did they change the Dreamscape in-game music? I really liked that track...

15. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Huh. Looks like Asmodee took the game over from Playdek. Wonder what, if any, effect that will have.

Also, Asmodee got hold of Twilight Struggle, per Stately Play on Twitter.

16. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Really? This is a shocker. I am not a big fan of Asmodee "async" games

17. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Wow. I am actually seriously pissed at Playdek, for the right reasons because this is such a shame and they made such quality games.

Check out my thread here created 2 years ago.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=256788&highlight=Playdek

Hate to say I told them so but I knew back then and before that even that this unsung story crap they were developing was a no good idea. Playdek were good at board games and proven it so why go bite off a freaking 80 hour square Enix type optimistic freaking RPG that ties up all your resources for the next two to five years!!? Why!!!!?

Another great one bites the dust.

18. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #4278 Son of Anarchy, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Edited myself because I was being a little too negative:

Didn't the same type of thing happen with Ticket to Ride? Used to be a Days of Wonder game then one day all of a sudden it was an Asmodee title?

P.s. Wish Playdek would at least update their games for newer screen sizes. 64 bit support would be nice too. I have all their titles (like most people here) and I know some have these features but the majority of them do not.

19. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    #4279 currymutton, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Enquiry: Before this thread dives into Playdek-bashing thread, may we have the sources please? I see no official word from either companies.

20. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    My source is the App Store showing Ascension as an Asmodee Digital title. Nothing from a company, but I doubt the App Store would just randomly assign a longtime property like this to someone else.