Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I bought and experienced both problems. Do not buy the expansion for the moment. Shame!

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Actually I have gotten energy based cards from portals when those 2 exps weren't enabled in the match.

3. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    @lordgek, cannot recall if I am having a game with you or not. Gotta send you something when the server resumes.

4. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    The server has resumed.

5. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    But it's still unsafe to play Dreamscape, I assume, until their latest hotfix hits.

6. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    So, before reading your comments on here re: the Dreamscape bugs, I naturally updated as soon as I saw it was available and eagerly went straight to the In-App Store page to purchase said expansion. Initially the dlc purchase button showed £2.99 so I duly pressed it and waited with anticipation......but nothing happened. So I pressed it again. And again. But still nothing.....weird.....so I hit 'restore purchase' and in an instant, the price changed to 'bought'! But I didn't confirm my purchase with a passcode/thumb print or receive a notification email to say I've purchased it.

However, if I try to start a new game (multiplayer or single v. AI), the Dreamscape expansion still has the padlock symbol on it and is unselectable. Resetting the app, restoring purchases etc - all the usual things to resolve minor hiccups have no effect. It still says I've bought it but I still can't select to play it.

I understand it's probably all related to the server issues and the known bug and will probably get ironed out in a hotfix update. Still, a bit odd.....?!

7. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Probably just a sloppy way to block any further purchases until stuff is sorted out.

8. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    No I had this happen to me with the previous expansion as well as this one. Playdek informed me that if you purchased the bundle it has a glitch which will show the expansion as purchased, despite not being owned, preventing you from acquiring it. If you don't want to wait for them to fix it (I noticed a patch just dropped) you can delete the game, reinstall, then purchase the expansion then restore purchases and it will work as normal.

9. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Is anybody else now getting frequent random crashes in their Dreamscape games since the hotfix? I'm curios if others are getting this or if it is just some sort of iOS 10 issue since I just upgraded to it this morning.

10. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Yep. Most of the time I can't even get into a game - just crashes immediately. Went from bad to worse.

11. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    I played one offlihne game after the re-release and many other non-Dreamscape online games, no problem so far. Fingers crossed.

12. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    The infinite dream cards glitch is annoying!!!

13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Wasn't that fixed in today's patch? I no longer have seen that bug but every other game I load dumps me to desktop. The odd bit is, unlike previous bugged sessions in Ascension that if they crashed once, they'll crash every time at the same point, if I keep reloading a crashing game it will eventually work. :p

14. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    The second game offline using Dreanmscape pack only. No hang up whatsoever. Running on iOS 10.0.1

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #4255 Ayjona, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Not so sure about Dreamscape from the perspective of either balance or competition. It adds new and fun mechanical layers, and thus choice, variety and hopefully depth. But the sidedeck mechanic also doubles down on the random that deckbuilders partially avoid by presenting the same cards to both players.

And some Dreamborn might just be a card too far. Like Nairi´s Blessing. Playing three Lifebound heroes is not a very restrictive condition to fulfill for 10 victory points and an ongoing effect.

But it IS fun.

EDIT: At the very least, I'm not unselecting the expansion icon from my games until I've played a perfect Pasythea, Adayu and Vir tandem turn...

16. lanedaughtry

lanedaughtry Member
    Patreon Indie

Aug 3, 2013
    Professional Developer
    Seattle, WA
    Stability issues.

My play group is seeing major stability problems. We've seen multiple crashes, play flow stalls, and very specifically cards that add new Dreamscape cards will add every card in the stack and then stall. Also, we consistently have to uninstall, reinstall, purchase the new expansion, then restore purchases to get new expansions on iOs devices.

I love this game. But MAN I wish they'd handle some of the stability issues. And for the love of god add optional in game chat!

17. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yeah I didn't realize there was an update at the time :) I am getting crashes still though

18. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    After the update the game doesn't freeze anymore it just crashes. The android version, surprisingly, is very stable.

19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The crashing is so random. I now get it in the bot games as well.

Hopefully there will be a fix soon. Please forgive me folk if we had a game going, even one not involving Dreamscape, I'm taking a break from Ascension until this is sorted out (with 40+ concurrent games going it is too big a hassle to manually sort through which have Dreamscape in them and which don't).

20. ErikSPdx

ErikSPdx Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 21, 2011
    Yup, I'm seeing major stability and freeze issues too, even after the patch that fixed the infinite-draw bug. It's a shame, since Ascension has been the most smooth, polished iOS card games for years-- it's the longest-lived single game on my iPhone. Devs, please fix this soon!