Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Whew I thought the game was dead today. Glad it's just maintenance

2. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I've noticed this for awhile but never asked, has any one noticed the monsters that read" gain x, name a faction gain x for each hero played from that faction." Not sure if that's the exact wording but it's close. I guessing the game auto chosen whatever faction you have played the most of, but I think just as heroes with similar text the game should ask you

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    That always bugged me as well. I mean I appreciate the time saved and, OF COURSE, I want them to choose the faction I have the most played this turn...but it still feels weird they don't ask me or even make clear in feedback which faction they've chosen on my behalf.

4. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Is there no campaign mode or just individual games it seems rather easy with the AI.

5. oldman23

Mar 22, 2016
    Is there a campaign mode

6. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    There is no campaign mode. The meat and potatoes is playing online. Only single player content is against pretty basic AI. Unless things have changed pretty drastically recently - it's been awhile since I last loaded it up.

7. oldman23

Mar 22, 2016
    I thought so
    Thanks

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    The AI has difficulty settings though, you are aware?

9. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    The hardest AI is still pretty darn easy though.

10. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Ok, I've finally stumped up for the remaining expansions and promo cards above the base bundle. So I now have the entire set and a huge sense of being overwhelmed by the new mechanics and a complete lack of understanding of how/which sets play best with one another?!

I am absolutely loving this game though and desperate to learn more - if anyone wants to invite me to (multiple?) games with what they feel are good combinations of sets, then please feel free.

Daedalus77

I think I've said this before but - I picked up the free Ascension game when it first released and although I enjoyed it, I lost interest as only ever played against the AI and it didn't feel deep enough to keep me coming back. Having sat on the game for 2-3yrs (possibly longer, I forget?) and only recently having ventured online, I only wish I'd done it sooner - for anyone still on the fence, buy it and get online, you won't regret it!

On another note, I'm enjoying SR and CR a fair bit but they really don't scratch the surface in comparison to Ascension. By far and wide, it's the superior game out of the 3 (imho).

11. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #4231 ZS77, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Anyone come up against the AI when it has Premonition Bell in its constructs and Brazer Drone in the middle row? It basically puts the game in to a near endless loop - the AI plays Premonition Bell which allows it to copy the effect of any Hero in the middle row, so it copies Brazer Drone which gives it 1 mana and the ability to return a construct from its discard pile to its hand......so it returns Premonition Bell, plays it again and the loop continues - so far, it's racked up about 30 mana and several card acquisitions!

The only way I can see it stopping is if a) the AI realised its a bit unfair and stops of its own accord (very unlikely) or b) all the middle row cards drawn end up being monsters and therefore mana is useless against them (again, unlikely but more possible than 'a'!). Either way, I'm not going to let it carry on buying several hundred cards to find out how/when/if the loop breaks.

Edit - finally came out of the loop, 57 cards later and not due to all monsters. The last play happened too quickly to figure why it decided to stop. Going to play on just to see what its final score is.

12. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    How do portals work? There's no documentation or anything in the game. Do they even exist in the actual board game?

13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Pay for the portal and you'll get a random card usually worth a couple more runes. As far as I can tell the portaled card can come from any set even if not included in the game (am curious how this will work in the future if it summons a Dreamscape card in a game not including the Dreamscape expansion).

14. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    What's so special about Dreamscape cards?

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The expansion will introduce a few new mechanics, like dream cards and a new currency, Insight, used to buy these new types of cards. So it would be weird to get a card via a portal that grants you Insight, for example, if you aren't playing with the Dreamscape expansion and thus have no use for that resource.

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    DREAMSCAPE IS HERE!

But because of this the servers appear to be down and any attempted games I've played vs. AI invariably lockup on a random AI's turn after just a few turns.

17. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    There's a major bug with the "draw a dreamscape card" mechanic, once it's triggered the cards will keep being drawn until it empties and the game gets stuck.

18. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Yep tried to played the expansion but it's not working for me either. Will have to put a quick fix in.

19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ohhhh. Hopefully a instant hotfix is in the works.

20. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Maybe that's why I can't even get into the servers. Either I get no response or once I get into a game, I get disconnected within seconds.

Geez, was so excited about this expansion, but this is a pretty bad start.

Oh, and I would really doubt portals would give out dream cards, for the same reason they don't seem to give out energy cards. I'm sure the devs thought of that loophole.