iPad Arvale: Journey of Illusion

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by coconutbowling, Dec 24, 2008.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
  2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Love that typo on the fifth screenshot: "I couldn't help but notice your sleeping in a coffin...". Come on, this stuff is not hard to get right!

--Eric

3. kadjisan

kadjisan Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Excuse my stupidity, can you point out the typo? It reads quite fine.

4. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    "your"
    is incorrectly used.

"you're" or "you are"

5. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    The game looks all right. I'm waiting for some reviews of it before I buy, although the $3 price tag is tempting. I'm just worried there won't be much to the game other than lots of talking. :p

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

::weep:: :(

--Eric

7. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Indeed... Although technically it does read fine... It just is not grammatically correct....

8. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    Has anyone played it? I wanna know if it's any good.

9. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
  10. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    lol. I agree. It is a sad day in humanity when a writer doesnt see something wrong with that sentence.

11. GtotheA

GtotheA Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Austin, TX
    looks pretty interesting ill might have to check it out after i see some reviews on it

12. akuma7703

akuma7703 Active Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Interactive Designer
    New York and Accra, Ghana
    Quick Review

I'm not bothering to get this on my iphone because I beat in on my Windows Mobile phone over a year ago...but here's a quick three sentence review of the game itself:

It's a good game, good sense of humor and it's done in Zelda style but the battles are from a side-view perspective,turn based. I remember it was a very good game when it was released and I doubt that will have changed with the port to iPhone. If you need an RPG fix, this isn't a bad purchase, content and gameplay wise.

Quick tip: for anyone that needs help making a choice on purchasing PDA Mill and even Astraware games (and Moregames- whose games appear to be ported by Chillingo I think) to a lesser extent), check out the Windows Mobile reviews of their games. In general Astraware and PDA-Mill develop very good games, though they seem to be getting more and more casual lately. Moregames is a stellar developer and I only hope they release Enslave and Azgard Defense for the iPhone (Azgard will easily take the tower-defense crown IMO).

13. Kyoshin

Kyoshin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Student
    Belgium, Maasmechelen
    #13 Kyoshin, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
    downloading now.. Hope the controls are good..

damn.. Why don't they make the controls in the screen like gpSPhone.. You'll get the full size of the screen and it works..

14. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Anyone here care to review the iPhone version?

15. Kyoshin

Dec 12, 2008
    Student
    Belgium, Maasmechelen
    i'll do when I have time, maybe I can do a video on youtube ! but my voice is to sexy.. :<

16. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Do it anyways! :D

17. Kyoshin

Dec 12, 2008
    Student
    Belgium, Maasmechelen
    Well I've got a cold.. So you'll hear a sore throat and a lot of "sniffs'" but when my gf is going to buy last minut presents I'll make a quick review.. Or else she thinks I'm a nerd ;|

18. JClark

JClark Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Don't bother trying to hide it, she'll figure it out eventually. My wife knows I'm a hopeless nerd, luckily she thinks it's cute.

As for the "your" vs. "you're" thing, that drives me CRAZY. This is really simple stuff that you should have learned in grade school. Honestly, if you're older than 10, or so, you have no excuse for mixing up your and you're.

Same goes for there, their, and they're, also to, too, and two, and an apostrophe in front of a non-possessive "s" (now, how many grammar and spelling mistakes did I make here? It's a natural law that any writting blasting these mistakes has to contain them as well).

Anyway, I'll be interested to see a review of this game. I like RPGs to a point, but only certain types (mostly due to the inventory and combat systems), and it's hard to tell which is which until you actually see them in action..

19. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Yeah, I agree with you. We need a combat system similar to Inotia but it needs to be tweaked a little bit (different types of attacks - not just slash/hack, needs to change the way the character looks when you change his weapons/armour, and we need ranging and magic).

I might sound nerdy by saying that, but I really don't have many RPGs and I'd like more. I only have two games (other than my iPhone games) and that's Guitar Hero 3 and World Tour, so I'm not like a dork that plays World of Warcraft all day :)

20. toiletbob

toiletbob Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    I bought it and played the first ten minutes of the game. It's looks simplistic but it does have a lot of charm in the writing so far. Reminds me of the kind of humor you see in Monkey Island.

I haven't experienced any combat yet, but for $3 I think this is worth it so far. I'm a sucker for a good RPG. You can save anywhere (not sure about when you're in battle). If you turn your phone screen off you can jump right back into the game. But if you hit the home button you'll have to load up your last save.

The game seems to have loads of personality so far. I'll post some updated thoughts in a bit.