Artist, coder and musician required

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Aussie2, Jun 3, 2010.

1. I will jump in. I will say I have a mac.

First, everyone has to start somewhere.
    Games start with an idea
    funding
    execution
    We are on funding at the moment. We are currently pitching to some smaller companies (we pitched to some large ones as well I believe) and all we are currently looking for (if these people we pitched to accept) is an investpr. We most likely have this sorted, we are waiting for his reply and I will update you on this.
    Execution means putting a team together. From the start, I never thought we would have a CHANCE at over let's say, 30% of the profit at 15% each so I went in with this mindset. So far, we are currently awaiting replies from a possible investor and game team. Depending on their reply, I will look into this 'easy code' and perhaps make a small demo to use as a pitch. I'm not the sort of person to make a game and forget about it and move on. I want to support the game, no matter how old it gets, if it keeps a steady stream of players (doodle jump, angry birds, zenonia, wesnoth, etc)

Thanks for your advice everyone. We are listening.

2. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    You Have a mac? I didn't know that. That could make things a bit easier

3. And an ipod. Just need that £60 fee For store when I make a (prototype?)

4. Sramota and Revolving Door have it right, as has been said numerous times already. The old saying, "Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration" applies here. Ideas are a ten cents a pound. Everyone's got 'em, developers doubly so -- it's why many developers got into developing. Even though you may have a fantastic, game-changing idea, you first have to convince a group of people of that, since we've all seen many "idea men" come by here before. Even if it is a game-changing idea, your contribution is, at best, marginal when taking all of the work involved in bringing it to life into account. Having been a one-man show before (and currently attempting to be again, though my coding is on hold while I collaborate with another developer on some game music) I know what's involved in doing the code, graphics, music and sound effects, and it's a lot of work. Comparatively speaking, the ideas they started out as were barely a fraction of the work.

Having ideas is great, but unless you can contribute something more than that, you're really not going to get much out of it.