Article comments - where am I going wrong????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Selina, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Selina

Selina Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Kent, England
    #1 Selina, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
    I don't usually add comments to articles, but when I tried to add a comment recently it didn't appear??? Can anyone please advise where I am going wrong? I added my e-mail and copied the anti-spam word correctly. Also, the first time when it didn't appear I tried again and it told me it was a duplicate post, so it must have registered somewhere?!! :confused: :confused: :confused: I tried again this morning but still no comment appeared...

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    You didn't by chance disable accepting cookies did you? Sometimes forms don't work because of that. ...

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

That's weird, Akismet seems to have flagged your post as spam. I see it in the spam queue, but I'm not high enough of a wordpress user to approve it. Arn must have the spam detector turned up to 11. A lot of time single sentence posts, emails, and anything else that go through any kind of spam filter don't really have enough words to run an accurate spam test on, so in my experience a lot of spam filters will just dump 'em.

Anyway I'm sure Arn or Blake will push your comments out to the site as soon as they get back from GDC.

4. Selina

Selina Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Kent, England
    Thanks for the replies!

I haven't disabled cookies, but maybe my comment was too short? I do tend to be short and to the point in what I say!!! I hope they don't put ALL my comments up though - I don't want to look an idiot saying the same thing over and over! :eek: