Universal ARMAJET - Multiplayer Arena Shooter Built For Mobile (Alpha)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jlegs, May 15, 2016.

1. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm in iOS

2. jlegs

jlegs Member

May 15, 2016
    Community - Super Bit Machine
    Los Angeles, CA
    We're able to add more folks on Android with every batch, unfortunately. If you PM me your Apple ID, I can see if we could send you an invite. Thanks!

3. G3NNRAL DEV

G3NNRAL DEV Well-Known Member

Feedback/Suggestions

First off, i'd like to say the game is great so far and I'm only excited to see what you guys bring in the future. When I signed up for the alpha, I had no clue what the game was and I didn't even look into afterwards. I was pleasantly surprised by the game and how it controls.

as for feedback/suggestions

1. I'm not sure but id like to wager a guess that the new aiming update added and auto aim. I'm thinking this should be an option as i'm actually finding it harder to aim guns like the velocitas. Since the sights seem to snap to the enemy, it's harder to gradually move the sights onto them if the move up or down.

2. I know you guys probably won't be adding any maps to the alpha but, I was thinking with such a mechanic as the jet pack, you guys should create a map that is more based in vertical movement with terrain you can shoot under like in "Temple".

3. During overtime I was thinking instead of first kill wins, everyone respawns (as if it were the beginning of the game) and it becomes sudden death (first team to loose all players once, loses).

4. I'm not sure if this is intentional but, in some cases the games become 4v2 which seems a little unfair. If it is intentional, by all means keep it in but, since matchmaking isn't based on ranking, newer players end up with double the disadvantage.

again, you guys have made something really great with Armajet; certainly the best competitive experience i've had on mobile in a long time. Keep up the great work

4. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Any idea on if I'll be able to join the arena?

5. jlegs

jlegs Member

May 15, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the feedback, good points all around! I'll definitely share with the team. About the 4v2 matchmaking - it's a bug that our team is aware of and they'll be working on fixing that.

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Those game is so beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    You guys are fast with the updates! So exciting. Keep it up but don't burn out. :)

Two new bugs for ya: endgame scoring doesn't show your opponent's or teammate's assists. Only yours.

Changing your Perk between rounds doesn't change the icon in the next game. I.e. It shows Airstrike even if you have the drone equipped.

8. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Whoaa love the game. So polished already. One thing which breaks the gameplay flow a bit for me is that you have to pick the loadout each time you die. I just want to tap 'respawn' and play on. Unless there is a way to do this already.

9. Grant-Game

Grant-Game New Member

May 21, 2016
    I've played this game a bit, here are my thoughts/ideas

1. It needs a Clans/Friend System - this game can get very intense and frantic. Clan battles would be epic in this game. Please let there be a way for there to be clan matches.

2. It needs Fair matchmaking - High level players vs high level players, low vs low.

3. More suits and customization and maybe even different attributes for the suits, quick and low armour, slow and high Armour, etc

All in all, this game is amazing as is. These are just ideas (probably aren't feasible) that I think would improve it.

10. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    #30 BravadoWaffle, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Spawning bug: very rarely when I respawn, my character won't respawn, the buttons will work as if I did but the camera will be tracking another player as if it were me and I am unable to control anything.

Update: apparently your character does respawn on the field, but can't be controlled and camera tracks another player instead until somebody takes your stationary self out and you respawn again.

11. NitroFatez

NitroFatez Member

May 8, 2012
    Student
    Jamz here :) this is an amazing game good job!
    some things u guys might wanna take note of :
    during FFA overtime after getting the final kill i still end up losing lol
    random lag spikes/crashes
    activated sentry but airstrike occurred instead

really looking forward to more from u guys!:D

12. Paddy27

Paddy27 Member

Apr 5, 2016
    I'm still getting that bug that I need to log on twice to get the game running (I saw u had an update for it but it still occurs)

13. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    For some reason I feel like the tremor is a better choice than the dominion now that the dominion has less damage per bullet and some other reasons. (P.S how much health does a player have?)

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Such a superb game, haven't had this much fun since Eliminate Pro which is really saying something. Great work to the creators.

15. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Thank you for the closed Alpha invitation, but there's an issue. I cannot download the game on TestFlight, although I signed up and received an invitation. I was emailed something today about receiving 200 credits in-game, but I have not played the game yet. Is there a way for me to be able to download the Alpha or is it too late already? Btw, I got the invitation Friday, so I feel as though I may be very late.

16. jlegs

jlegs Member

May 15, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Drop us a note about the bug and any additional details at [email protected]

17. jlegs

jlegs Member

May 15, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hmm...odd. The alpha isn't over - it might be OS related? If you can email us with as many details as you can provide over at [email protected], our dev can help you out further.

18. jlegs

jlegs Member

May 15, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    General shoutout to everyone leaving feedback - thanks again! We've seen some stuff echoed by people on Twitter and in emails to us, and some additional stuff that we haven't seen. I'll continue to pass this on to the team.

19. jlegs

jlegs Member

May 15, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just noticed I didn't reply to this but yes, your feedback has been noted. Thanks again!

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #40 Ayjona, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    I've been hankering for something like this for iOS for years (even more since two of the few titles that provided anything similar were eliminated and deadlocked):

An accessible but highly skill-reliant, online competitive shooter with rewarding progression, short matches and a focus on tactical mobility. And Armajet does of all of that with gusto, even in alpha.

Though the comparison might be blasphemous to the desktop-locked crowd, in many ways this is my Overwatch* for iOS (minus the hero/ability mechanics, a concept which Armajet doesn't try to emulate). Not in form, but in purpose and function.

*And lemme tell ya, after partaking of the closed beta of OW all throughout winter, I miss that cumbersome, immobile beast on my desktop for the first time in years when I've a few minutes out and about to spare and my iBooks blisters act up. And then I fire up Armajet, and both hero shooting and reading withdrawal symptoms recede.

So this really is it, a highly polished competitive shooter for the mobile platform. There is currently nothing like it, and I doubt there will be a contender as competent for quite some time.