iPad Arkanigon

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arkanigon, Dec 24, 2008.

1. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    #1 arkanigon, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
    EDIT: No more promo codes!

Hi. I'm the developer for an iPhone/iPod touch game called Arkanigon. It's a kind of fighting game, but not with physical fights... the two characters fire blasts of energy at each other which can be reflected back or avoided depending on the character.

Here's the itunes link:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298597399&mt=8

And here's the main website:
    http://www.arkanigon.com

Here's a demo video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZMRA-LkTKM

The graphics are anime style... each character has their own set of moves, and their own storyline.

The gameplay is challenging at first, but very rewarding once the moves are mastered. If you do play the game, any feedback would be awesome, and of course an itunes review would be much appreciated.

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I know that its not the best for you, but if you really need feedback, I would advise a promo code contest of some sort. Without that it will be difficult to get any good feedback.

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    kinda funny that you have anime characters but like 3D generated backgrounds.. you should make it all Anime! Good for you checking in here to drum up a little interest!

4. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    Thanks brewstermax, Wegmans.

How about this... the first five people to PM me with the name of one of the characters in Arkanigon... gets a promo code. :)

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I sent the names of 4. :D. I'll give impressions. From the video, it looks pretty nice.

6. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks for the code. I'll play with it and post a review on iTunes soon :)

7. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    The contest is over guys. I've given 5 promo codes. Thanks everyone. Hope you enjoy the game.

I'll definitely think about doing another contest in the future for more promo codes.

8. Hailey

Hailey Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chilly Minnesota
    Thanks for the code! I will download and leave you a review soon. Looks like a very interesting game.

9. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    oh man serves me right just checking in now haha

look forward to some feedback from you guys

10. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    Hi guys. I've decided to do a second contest and give away 5 more promo codes. This time, name one of the female characters in Arkanigon. PM me with an answer if you are interested in the game. Please only answer by PM. First 5 people get a code.

Please note promo codes only work in the US itunes store...

11. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    sent a pm for contest #2

12. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    Still 2 codes left.

13. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    Second contest is also over guys! No more promo codes!

Thanks. Hope those of you that play enjoy the game.

14. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I just wanted to say thx for this game. its really fun once you play alot of it. bit of a learning curve and i expect a good update!! good job i love this game. well worth .99:D

15. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    You're welcome! :) And thank you! Glad you're enjoying the game. Yeah, it's not a game you can just pick up and play well right away. Learning the moves and getting used to them takes a bit of time. It's like learning the special moves in a fighting game... it gets easier with time as you described.

16. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    my favorite is jackie :)

17. Hailey

Hailey Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chilly Minnesota
    I've been playing this game and it is pretty fast paced. I still get killed fairly quickly. I seem to have the best luck with Steel. That big red ball that comes overhead gets me everytime. I haven't figured out a way to defend against that. I like how each character has its own set of strengths for instance Jimmy can fly and cast his damage. All in all an interesting game worth checking out. I'll leave a review on the app. store too.

18. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    :cool: yeah, I think he's my favorite too.

19. arkanigon

Dec 24, 2008
    Awesome. Thanks. Yeah, I tried to balance out the different types of moves... as a result, Steel, Sage, and Curse don't have much defensive moves... but I think I made their defense stat higher to compensate... so they aren't damaged as much by the attacks.

If you're playing Steel and the big red ball is coming at you, the best you can do is put up a shield (vertical swipe) which increases defense reduces the damage...

But with other players there are defensive moves like phase (jackie, shadow and chronos)... or the absorption circle with crystal... and some others.

20. yosaso

yosaso Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I just posted a review to the appstore.