Universal ARK: Survival Evolved (by Studio Wildcard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 13, 2018.

1. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Well... hm... this sucks. I've now lost 2 weeks of game progress. I've been playing the single-player version, and tried to log back in just now. And for some odd reason it logs me in as a new character who just happens to have all the same stats as the old, but doesn't have access to any of the bases I built on the island. (And there were MANY.) The result is I have like a dozen bases all around the island with doors that are locked to me, spiked walls that now injure me, and beds that are no longer accessible for quick-travel/re-spawn.

Not sure what happened. My only guess: I've been playing it on my iPhone and decided yesterday to install it on the iPad Pro and see if it has cloud-save so that I can switch between devices. (It does not and you can not, by the way.) Then today I logged back in on the old iPhone and lo-and-behold my character has now started naked and fresh on an island populated by bases that I built but can no longer access.

2. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA.
    By the way... if anyone knows where the save-games are located (and how to access them), they would be a life-saver.

3. IggyZX_

IggyZX_ Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Male
    I absolutely love this game but it has some major issues. The biggest one for me being: caves.

After going into one that has Artifact of the Clever, the game crashes as soon as I try to exit the said cave.

In the end I somehow did it, however, the game still crashed after a few minutes and now I can’t load my save. The only option was to restart my complete progression.

This killed it for me, so for time being I gave up and canceled my primal pass subscription.

I also follow official forums and a lot of people are experiencing the same issue with caves. It just a shame that devs don’t even bother replying to all those bug reports (not even with some kind of blanket statement), so it’s no wonder there are some angry people on the forums.

4. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA.
    I also noticed that within a couple hundred meters’ radius of the caves “action” sounds will turn off, leaving only ambient sound fx and music. Very odd.

As far as crashing at cave entrance, I’ve noticed that slowing down just before entering or exiting (i.e. not running) seems to help. I think loading the cave maps is what’s doing it.

5. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Yeah, there are significant known bugs.
    Cave issues are definitely widely reported.
    Also various server bugs, lost tames, etc.

Via Discord the devs have tried to be fairly responsive, I thought.

Definitely big game they’re juggling. I don’t know if War Drum, who did the mobile port, are very involved with the original devs, Studio Wildcard. The pre-port original had a good variety of bugs anyway. It’s an ambitious port regardless.

I respect the pay model. The optional ads are almost always worth watching. Otherwise, I haven’t spent any money for probably dozens of hours so far.

6. Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    does anyone know what features items dinos ark for the iOS is missing compared to the pc/consol versions?

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Yeah i have the same question