Universal ARK: Survival Evolved (by Studio Wildcard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 13, 2018.

1. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Can you tell me what options you have at the resolution and graphics section? I will download at my iPhone x and give you feedback

2. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Thank you!!!

Cooper04 likes this.
  3. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Well I realise its missing a huge part of what makes this game what it is, but it looks like the single player aspect does work offiline (i.e. in airplane mode) which is very cool - often looking for games to play when on flights and far too many games nowerdays have to have a constant internet connection

L.Lawliet likes this.
  4. allsopj84

allsopj84 Active Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Male
    Does anyone know if the single player mode data is stored on the cloud? ie if you delete the game and reinstall do you carry on where you left off or have to start again.

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Everything at the lowest setting, the phone heat is bearable but the game looks like $%^&

6. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I haven't tried this game on my iPad Pro yet, but on my 6S+ I am surprised at how decent it looks and how well it runs! (I did have it plugged in charging and it did heat up the phone, but otherwise no issues.) I had been considering getting this game for the PC and was surprised it was released for mobile, sweet! For someone who generally has a very short attention span with any video game no matter console, PC or mobile, I was surprised to realize how much time I spent enjoying this game right from the get go, even despite getting killed several times over while simply trying to find berries. Doh!

Cooper04 likes this.
  7. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    No problem I just like to help

8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Yep the dilos always get me...

9. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Ag3ntP3ndergast Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2016
    So, downloaded the game and tried playing it for a bit but the graphics look like crap, even when on the highest settings. Is this because my device can’t handle the highest settings, or is it because the mobile version of Ark just sucks graphics wise compared with the pc version? Any help on this is appreciated, I am running an iPhone 7 with latest iOS.

Cooper04 likes this.
  10. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Well, atleast it’s better than all these cancerous rip offs of ark that are on mobile lol. But I didn’t notice the graphics being too bad but I am on a iPhone X
    After all, it is a mobile game not a actual pc

11. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Nov 5, 2016
    Okay, thanks for your input.

Yeah I guess I shouldn’t have been expecting much given that it’s a mobile port of a game, but even so there are games with better graphics than this on mobile... this just happens to not be one of them maybe.

Well, either that or my device sucks. I have a newer iPad Pro so I guess I will try Ark on that first before I pass judgment on the Ark as a whole. But I hate playing games on my iPad because the virtual controls require so much more movement from me lol... whole arm movements required practically instead of slight thumb movements lol

Wrath and Cooper04 like this.
  12. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I feel you man I have a iPad mini 4 and I really like it’s size big enough for me to enjoy YouTube at home or to get in some
    Gaming but it just can’t run stuff well anymore. Also I do agree that there is mobile games with better graphics

13. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Yep! You are right! 3% battery loss after 30" of gameplay. Which means if i play with 100% battery i can only play 18' before it drains. And the phone gets hot as f€&&ck

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    On an iphone X? thanks! for me this means that if this year's 8s doesn't have significantly improved game performance, i will think twice about getting one. I was hoping the heat and battery would not be problems in the newest phones...

15. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    On iphone X yes. Latest ios

16. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Nov 5, 2016
    Okay, so I tried ark survival on my slightly newer iPad Pro and graphics were a lot better.... I think maybe the game just scales the graphics down for certain devices.

Only real problem still is the battery drain.... went from 79-80 percent battery to 77% in like a little less than 5 minutes gameplay. (And usually it takes a lot longer than that for my iPad battery to drain, even on games )

It’s past time someone invented a better battery . :/

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I totally agree. On that note, I kind of wish the phone could have some sort of solar panels on the back so you can charge anywhere with appropriate light when your phone battery is low. I would just love to know that I can use my phone later on even if I don't have a charger next to me, especially when you're long-term gaming and have to sit next to a charger the entire time.

Though that kind of technology is far off. The Tesla iPhone X custom with solar panels is bulky and people are skeptical of how much it can charge.

18. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Nov 5, 2016

Solar would be good if it worked faster.... but you don’t always have access to sunlight. They need to get the efficiency in solar panels above the approximate 20% it is now . Battery technology is like 20 years or more behind chip and other assorted electronic technologies.

Getting away from the rabbit trail and back to the app, how does this game compare to Minecraft? Are there more things to craft and do or less? Also, does anyone know how fair the IAP are? Is it pay to win, (as one iTunes reviewer called it) or do you still have a chance at winning even if you don’t pay? Also, am I the only one with crappy graphics on my phone for this game? (Though that may be because I have an old iPhone 7... does the iPhone X run it just fine? )

Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions.

19. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Anyone knows if this is the full pc experience? I mean i think i saw some gameplay vids from pc and there were craftable weapons assault rifles etc. But at the ios version i am playing it seems there are not such things as far as weapons go. Am i missing something?

20. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    #40 HelperMonkey, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    I’ve been kind of obsessed with this game.
    Great first-person survival and crafting game.

There are a lot of good forums online, and their Discord channel is lively, otherwise I’d be talking about it here more.

It seems absolutely huge. Stability and other issues have continued to be improved through frequent updates.

This is the first F2P game I’ve spent this much time on.

(Related: It wants to kill your battery, and it will try.)