Universal Arena of Valor (by Tencent Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Whippet

Whippet New Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I applied to the TA guild as Zwan. I usually play support in Heroes of the Storm so I'll probably play that here.

2. Zoboomafoo

Zoboomafoo New Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I applied for the guild in-game. Thanks!
    In-game name is Zoboomafoo

3. Kwadius

Kwadius Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    I requested to join the guild

4. Ryouth

Ryouth Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Requested to join the guild =) Looking for some teammates to run with!

5. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Just requested to join the guild. Name is Bashere. Thanks!

6. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    TA Guild is ranked #16 !!!!

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    i think the thread needs cleanup and should have an "add me" thread.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I was going to do that but then the main thread would have like four posts in it. The guild is basically full anyway so the posts should stop.

9. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Still waiting for guild invite, name is Xero

10. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Don’t know how to join a guild,name Darkfyra

11. manga

manga Member

May 2, 2014
    mangara in game

12. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Would you like us to write some quality posts to fill the thread? If only Arena of Valor had timers so we had time to write about it on the forum instead of playing. :p

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm I'll write about how I'm playing 3v3, we aced the enemy and are attacking the base crystal. Then our tank with full health runs away to farm.... Then we do our best to try to end the game but the enemy team spawns and wipes us. Then they come for the tank who is now alone and kill him.

I mean.. Wtf? Does he or does he not know how to play. You must know how to play if you know about farming monsters. But then leaving at the last minute to go farm?? And we could've won the game way earlier but he kept leaving the main area to farm. He's the tank so he should not be leaving the team to go level up in the corner by himself smh.

This actually triggered me way more than all the many afk players I've run into.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I main Raz, took me a while to practice him, and have piloted him to Platinum 2 in a 95% solo queue run. He’s very powerful mid to late game, but he’s very difficult to play as effectively.

Other favorite champs include Toro, Batman, Arthur, Skud, and Gildur.

Protip: Once you have settled maining a few characters (at least one in each role) spend gold into buying Lv3 Arcana. It’ll get you an advantage early in the game if your opponent spends more into unlocking characters first, which is a lot (since most players arent paying anything).

Cheers!

15. apayson

apayson New Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Looking to join guild!

Username is Alekazam-
    I just submitted by application in game.
    Cheers!

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I know I need arcana but I really want to collect more characters :(

17. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    So I've got a few points need some clarification on.
    What is ADC (google has been useless)
    What is the Top/bottom lane difference? I see the slayer is closer to some lanes, but only calls it top. Are the offlanes mirrored of what?

18. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Top and Bottom lane are the same in a way, difference will be the jungle, one having the Blue buff close and the other one will have more mobs to farm + the Red buff.

ADC = Attack Damage Carry, heroes that deal a lot of physical damage and that get better as the game improve (by that I mean that their damage will outclass anything late game if they farmed well), heroes like Valheim fall in that category.

If you have more questions dont hesitate, im pretty knowledgable when it comes to MOBAs in general.

19. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I've noticed that there are a lot of beginners guides, but not much in the way of "I play X moba" transition guides. I have 1000+ hrs on Dota 2 and casually play Hots these days, so I feel like there's a need for a guide for people with experience in a different game.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not much really. Here's a few that are important to know though (i think)... ADCs/MMs arent as strong as they are in other moba. Almost every character has a way to close the gap. They still do pretty good DoT though.

Despite the recent buffs to all adc range and base ms, it's still a bruiser meta. Almost every bruiser has a form of CC, and being bruisers they can deal respectable damage as well. Tanks have better cc generally, but having lesser damage (but still impactful).

Movespeed is almost essential. Maps are small enough that you can join a team fight that started when you are in mid. jungler presence is a huge factor in winning the early game in AOV.

All i can think of right now. :D