are you an impulse shopper?Poll inside~~thx

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TapMad_D, Jan 20, 2011.

?

are you an impulse shopper?

1. YEAH, I AM AND I AM FEELING GREAT!

29.1%
  2. NO...I always google a lot before i buy!

18.2%
  3. well, it depends...

52.7%
  1. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Before I buy an app, doesn't matter if it's a utility app, a game or anything else, I do a standard google check to see if it's worth the money. I don't like to waste my time and money on what can turn out to be a worthless software spam. I have a 'website combo' in my web browser, a list of websites to go through before buying anything.

So when it is a game my usual website route is:
    TouchArcade > TouchArcade forums > Appspy > Slide to Play > Pocketgamer (although I don't agree with like 70% of Pocketgamer's reviews, but their thorough reviews deserve attention IMHO) > AppStore reviews >Youtube gameplay videos if it's possible.

That way I can be certain to get real, faithful info before I make a purchase. For example, before I got Crimson Gem Saga, I was checking for about 2 hours before I made the purchase. And the game turned out to be worth every penny, even with all the nasty flaws.

Ok, now a short version - no, I'm not an impulse shopper :)

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    You sure have time lol. I have the money, just not the time. That makes me an impulsive 'app collector.'

3. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    cool~so detailed. and i think it is the typical route.
    i tend to trust my instinct more.

4. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I'm not an impulse shopper but I do buy things on a whim.

5. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    I like that predicament better than the other way around :)

Sometimes it just comes to you, you know?

6. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    yeah, it happens. as i listed in the poll, it depends on what game you are expecting!

7. ReventonX

ReventonX Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    My buying instinct are based on mood actually :D , with all those hyped games like Infinity Blade , Real Racing 2 etc.. There is no second though LOL.
    However I did always do a double check up on AppShopper for the price fluctuation and FREE history. If the price drop often or has FREE history I bet I gonna wait because most of the game in my HDD is still covered by dust.
    So I am on the third I can say :p

8. Lynx-

Lynx- Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Student
    England
    Used to be an impulse buyer when I first got my ipod touch but calmed it down because I realised not all games are good.