Are there any Offline anime/JRPGs?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sakakiyuya88, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Sakakiyuya88

Sakakiyuya88 Member

Apr 10, 2018
    I am so tired of anime games being online only. I sorted all the online only games on my tablet into their own folder and it’s around 43 games. Please, can someone recommend offline anime games? I already know about Square Enix’s games. It would be a nice bonus if they were 3D. The only reason I want offline anime games is because when the servers close the game is gone forever (unlike a regular single player game). This happened to the awesome game Bloodmasque (I still mourn over that one u_u), Gunpie Adventure (that one was so fun) and Tales of Rays. I didn’t even get to play that one!!

Is there anything we can do to encourage Japanese devs to make their games have offline modes? I’ve tried leaving reviews but I don’t think that works. Nearly every Japanese or anime game is online-only.

Thanks!

2. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Empire of Angels IV, Chrono Trigger, Witch Spring Series, ICEY, MerceSaga2, Nexomon, Evoland 2, Monster Hunter Stories, The First Tactics, Dungeon x Dungeon, Magical Girl Critical, A Magical High School Girl, Dawn Break -Origin- Premium, Chimera Recollect, Lost Keeper, Shantae, Dungeon Princess, Kemco RPGs etc!

3. Sakakiyuya88

Sakakiyuya88 Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Thank you! The only one of those I haven’t heard of is Empire of Angels and a couple of others. It looks like a premium Honkai Impact! (but without the sci-fi)
    I didn’t know Dawn Break had a premium version either! I bought that right away and left a review thanking the devs for making an offline premium version. I’m so happy for more offline quality RPGs! ;w;
    I have downloaded Magical Girl Critical and Lost Keeper. I will leave a review for LK once I play it.
    Shantae’s Last level is too hard to complete with Touch Controls but I’ll finish it someday. I might finish it now on tablet rather than a tiny screen. I wish it had tap-attack like Bayonetta 2.

I’m still amazed Dawn Break had an offline premium version. I didn’t think they’d actually do it when I asked on their Facebook page. I hope more devs do this. I might have to contact more devs like Nexon (Gunpie Adventure devs). I pray that Square Enix one day brings back Bloodmasque.

nyanpass likes this.
  4. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Djinn Caster. DJINN CASTER.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA