Are others having trouble logging into GC?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LordGek, Nov 4, 2015.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Great work guys! My hats off to you!

2. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    It was a great team effort!

To think we came up with answer to the problem before anyone else on the Internet and apple engineering seems crazy.

TouchArcade should really make it a cover story because there is a lot of people out there with the same problem.

Well done again to all and thank god I don't have to restore for the 12th time....touch wood.

#

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Great detective work gang!

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ha ha! Really it seems as though having been on iOS since the first iPhone, you'd think I'd have been on top of this, sadly it took me spending LESS time with my phone to help figure it out. Working even longer hours than my previous job only allows me brief intervals with my device now, so limiting my actions narrowed the possibilities for me and logging into my NZ account yesterday and d/l Rayman Adventure was the ONLY thing I had time for. Hell, if I hadn't been curious as to why my achievements came flooding across the screen, I'd still be clueless.

As for Ramon contacting the Apple tech personnel, let's just hope they're as responsive as one would hope, I'm sure in their eyes using multiple accounts on a single device is a grey area that they might not feel is legitimately worth delving into.

It sure does seem like an ideal situation though, a working, painless GameCenter...

5. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I have some bad news, my gamecenter has broken again and I haven't been to any other countries AppStore.

Oh dear, the problem isn't identified after all.

#

6. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Shoot, as I only used the Canadian Appstore once waay back on a different iPad, I had to admit, I had some doubts that explained it all, but was hopeful. Heck, it still might have been a useful clue for the engineers to find the real issue.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I don't use any other store (although I have music and books from the US iTunes).

Man, iOS 9 is just generally a huge piece of shit. It's worse than Android. If I delete apps that have updates and don't do the updates before deleting them, I get permanent App Store badges now. What is this shit?

8. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I have heaps of credit in my iTunes account, if gamecenter doesn't work any more I wasn't a refund. Competition on the leaderboards with friends was a lot of the reason I was loving iOS gaming. I have asked for a full refund and when I do get it, I'll be gaming on my wiiU and 3DS from now on.

It's very disappointing by Apple.

9. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    iPhone 6 running iOS 9.1. Just 1 App Store account on the phone but I have an extra US account with 5 cents lol

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Guys... GAME CENTER'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!

11. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Wait, so as one blocked out, without any sort of new iOS update, it just started working for you again?

Makes sense that it was something stupid on the server end.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I think it's dead again. >_>

13. flashsuper

flashsuper Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    #53 flashsuper, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    I can't login, haven't been able to for weeks, I only have one iTunes apple account, it's US account. So the multiple accounts can't be the issue. I can't delete games, if I try everything freezes and I have to reset the iPad. The only way to delete is to go through settings, it is such a pain. So much for high score chasing.

Does anyone know when or if Apple will fix this, they can't be this incompetent can they? iOS 9 is garbage

14. sarfa

sarfa Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    I have the same Game Center problem as you all have. Every once in a while, game Center will suddenly start working only to break again after a very short time. Very strange. Maybe Apple will finally fix this in ios10?

15. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Mine worked again for about 7 hours now it's stuffed again.

I hate you Apple!

16. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Steve Jobs would be on an office rampage for the books if he were around for the issues they've had lately, as well as some policies that I can't imagine him standing behind.

17. azurerush

azurerush Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Crap, this just happened to me for the first time, I can't play games that need to login to game center before playing.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Worked once and stopped working all over again.

19. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I'm having issues now as well. Hadn't had any problems until yesterday. I hate you Apple.

20. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    They have stopped replying my emails, I just guess the problem is bigger than they handle. Just have to move on and try and forget about GameCenter. I can't see a fix before Christmas.

I bought Animal Crossing for the 3DS, so good.

Thanks apple for pushing me back to my Nintendo 3DS and WiiU, best thing you have done all year.

R.I.P. - GameCenter