iPad Arctic Shuffle - ???

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by McGill, Mar 5, 2009.

1. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    This seems to be a pretty vague app with a big price tag...

$3.99 with no screen shots, and no idea of gameplay, except the usual "easy to play & challenging" with over 50 levels.

Does anyone have any more info, or found a video of gameplay?

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it. Any app/game that only shows their title/splash screen sends big warning flags to me.
    It makes me think the developer doesn't want you to see the horrible graphics or stupid gameplay or whatever...why else wouldn't they be proud to show you their game?

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #3 Coldar, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
    Yea...this is one of those games I let the more curious find out. But for me.....warning!.... warning!....danger!......danger!, Will Robinson!

4. shkudt

shkudt Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Moscow
  5. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It looks like a slingshot alike game...

6. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    OK - the screenshots look good, and yes, it's a slingshot game, but we still need some poor sap with too much money to TOFTT before we shell out $3.99

7. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
  8. korymatthew

korymatthew Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Screens actually look quite nice. Looks like the animation/graphics are VERY well thought out.

Need to hear or see vids first though...

9. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    #9 DaveMc99, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  10. jkrogh

jkrogh Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Arctic Shuffle

Hiya. Jason here from zinc Roe - the studio that built Arctic Shuffle. Would like to hear any feedback you might have on the game (or our description of it). It's our first game title for the iPhone so we're learning as we go in terms of how best let people know about our work. We have a 'lite' version of the game that should be ready to submit in a few days. We are also working on additional levels for an update.

11. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    1. Add gameplay video to the game website.
    2. First pic in the apple store should be from the game not splash screen.
    3. $4 is too much for an unknown game with no reviews or lite version.
    Have a sale of $1 until the lite version is available.
    4. It does seem to be a unique game.. I did find this game..
    http://appshopper.com/games/croke it is only $2.
    Players compete to score the most points by shooting their discs into high scoring areas of play. Simply touch an active disc to position it, then touch the animating orb widget and slide it though the disc to shoot it!

12. jkrogh

jkrogh Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions Dave. I really appreciated it. I'll change up the screen shot and add a link to the video preview on our site. As for price, I like your idea of offering it at a reduced price for an initial period.

Finding an appropriate price is tricky. As a developer I scratch my head a bit at the folks offering games for $1-2 each. It's hard to imagine raising the kind of funds needed for good production values at those levels. But maybe I underestimate the size of the market.

.jason

13. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    i've finished all levels, thanks to some strategizing and a bit of luck. :D

[​IMG]

do you have any plans of adding a timer and a scoring system? i don't think i'll be playing this game again if i don't have anything to beat. :(

btw, i've already completed level 72 (thus, the shuffle master certification :p) but it's still unchecked here:
    [​IMG]

14. jkrogh

jkrogh Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Hey, that's awesome zvnthynn. To answer your question - yes, we have plans to add a scoring system to the game. It's part of a larger update that will be a couple of months off.

In the mean time we have an update due in a couple of weeks that will add another 20 or so levels to the game.

Can I ask how long it took you to clear all 72 levels?

15. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    hey jkrogh! thanks for the quick response! that's great to hear. can't wait for the updates! :D

i've been playing this game on and off since sunday. i'd guesstimate that i spent not more than 3 hours to complete all levels. this is because i don't really care about hitting the bull's eye (red circle); as soon as i unlock the next level, i move on. i suspect this will change once scores are involved (and a leaderboard). :D