iPad Archibald's Adventures now $4.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by spiffyone, Jan 22, 2009.

1. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    #1 spiffyone, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    [App Store Link]. Just in case you guys (and gals) didn't already now.

[hqyoutube]zl1igbgz-1c[/hqyoutube]

2. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Yeah I saw that. Might pick it up. :)

3. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    There is the lite version to try for free before you buy. I got the lite verson yesterday but I haven't tried it yet. Hoping to do so on my lunch break today.

I am really impressed with the developer. In the iTunes store description they say "If you got the game for a higher price contact us and you can get a free game for Mac or Windows!"

So if you were an early purchaser at the higher price then get in touch with the developer and take them up on that offer.

4. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Already having a price drop? Interesting. 114 levels for $4.99 seems pretty solid.

5. Broward

Broward Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Jax, Florida
    I had my eye on this for a long time, so I went ahead and grabbed it at that price.

6. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Played the lite version and bought the full one. This game totaly rocks!!! Very polished, nice graphics and audio, interesting levels and puzzles. And perfect controls!

At first you are using your skateboard. Later you'll get extra fun such as balloon (fly around, transport boxes) and loader machine (magnet to move on metallic surfaces). And more.

7. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I also went from the Lite version to the full one. Well worth the price for $4.99.

8. gootch12

gootch12 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    New Orleans, USA
    I grabbed the lite version yesterday and it is much better than I thought it would be.

Def thinkin bout the full version.

But man...I'm juggling a lot of games as is! :eek:

9. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Went from Lite to the full version. This is the best game on the App Store, hands down. The controls could use some touching up. As well, I want more story elements. But it's pleasing to my eyes and sounds great. And it has a lot of levels.

OK, if the devs frequent this site and are here in this topic, here's a few suggestions:

1. More story, as stated above. I really love the comic book panels
    2. Polish the controls; moving the bubble around is sometimes a chore
    3. Why don't the bombs reappear when i mess up? i constantly have to restart a game just because i misplaced a bomb
    4. Is more whiz-bang possible with the graphics engine? I'm nitpicking.
    5. Is using my own music possible?

10. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    this was a pleasant surprise, i got it without trying the full version.

from pics i thought it was gonna be something else, but it is great, fun platformer/puzzle solving.

loved the graphics, maybe it would look better if the sprites weren't so small (at least for me).

having more fun with this than rolando (got it recently as well)

11. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Got to a certain point in Rolando and stopped playing. Looks like the dev has stopped playing it as well, seeing as we've seen no updates. The accelerometer controls could use some help. An on-screen controller like Archibald has would be awesome. Did you hear that NGMoco?

And to other developers, you don't HAVE to use the accelerometer all the time.

12. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    the controls on this are simply awesome - there's the D-pad scheme and the touch-anywhere scheme.

13. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Me too...

14. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    so its a yes?

15. RetroGuy

RetroGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Lite gave too much away

I liked the style and polish of the Lite but it only needed to have a quarter, or at most a half, as much content as it did. It passed the point of, "I'm interested enough to buy", to, "Do I really need to buy? I've already played a lot of it."

It was also too expensive before. I might buy it soon now it's under $5 though.

16. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I sort of agree. They put about a third of the game in the lite version but I think the best levels are the latter ones. If those wouldn't have been in it I doubt I would want to buy this eventually and a lot of the ones leading up are tutorials basically.