Universal Archibald's Adventures (by Rake in Grass)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by applesauce25r624, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ra88it

ra88it Member

May 2, 2009
    Yes, I've noticed that about the jetpack levels. And that's what I love about this game: great combination of arcade style agility and puzzle solving.

But on level 11 of Fly Like Condor, it is not a matter of steady hands. There is a mechanical door in the upper left corner of the room where the professor starts. And it *always* closes before I can fly to it. There's a switch in the bottom right corner, but no matter how many times I flip the switch, I can never even come close to making it to the door in time. It seems like a glitch.

Has anybody else noticed this? Is there a trick that I'm missing?

2. estyst

estyst Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Poland
    spoiler: watch the colors of the background and fly by path

3. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    too many platformer games already out and this one doesn't really look so great either

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Wrong! This is not plain platformer like Castle of Magic, it's Puzzle Platformer like Toki Tori. The controls are great and I actually love this game so much that I wish the devs would create an old-school platformer with the same engine and control scheme.

Give the lite version a try, it has around 35 levels.

5. ra88it

ra88it Member

May 2, 2009
    Hmmm.... I guess I'm a bit frustrated that I did not notice this... good puzzle though. I did notice that certain routes seemed to keep the door open longer. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip. This is such a solid game...

6. boovie

boovie Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Game developer/programmer - iPhone, Mac OS X, Wind
    Prague
    Thanks donkei! We have several ideas for archibald 2, but we have not yet decided to start working on the sequel, because right now two other games are under development and also we have many ideas for other games...too much work for our small team :)

Regarding lite version, it includes exactly 40 levels, I think that's more than what many paid games have so it's really safe bet for everyone.

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Hey hey hey boovie, does that mean you're working on another platformer? I hope so!! :D:D

The controls are really great and I really wish you guys could make some old-school platformer game with that engine. Just jumping, killing the bad guys, collecting power ups, etc. Or to give it a different flavour, maybe in Golden Axe / Prince of Persia style?

8. boovie

boovie Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Prague
    Right now we are working on Crystal Cave platformer and Undercroft rpg, you can see some pictures in this thread http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=12896. Crystal Cave is a platformer, but it's a little different than Archibald, more about collecting diamons and solving puzzles than frantic action, so I'm not sure that is what you expect but I hope you will like it anyway :)

9. estyst

estyst Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Poland
    Undercroft for iPhone? yay! :D

when? (small font) will there be any betatests? (/small font) :D

10. boovie

boovie Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Prague
    While the undercroft is running fine on my development iphone, there is still much work to do, mostly menu interfaces and loading times, so its hard to say when betatesting will be available. But don't worry, once we will be getting near to release/betatesting date, we won't forget to infom toucharcade users :)

11. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    On sale for 2.99 and 1.6 update out

What's new
    - game progress can now be reset (but unlocked chapters stays accessible), can be used to play the game again from the beginning
    - OS 3.0 compatibility

12. Kita

Kita Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Boston
    This is one of the best valued games on the app store right now and I've downloaded and purchased hundreds and hundreds of apps.

13. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    considering...

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Should have got it a couple of weeks ago when it dropped to $0.99. One of the best adventure games out there IMHO. Lots of challenges.

15. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    This is one of the must have titles for the idevice. Fun gameplay and lots of levels.

16. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I did enjoy the lite version, I downloaded it for mac too and it turned out to be the same thing haha. I've gotten a whole bunch of games recently, I'm not sure how often I'll come back to this if I do pick it up

17. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    on sale for $3.99

18. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

The price on this game has changed a few times. I picked it up at .99 but feel that it is worth more than that.

19. boovie

boovie Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Prague
    I have just send new update of archibald's adventures to apple. The update adds 12 new levels to Just for fun chapter. We don't plan any more levels, so this will be probably the last update for this game. Hope you have had great time playing the game :)

And one more thing - here is a little quiz - the following picture is one of the new levels, it is a tribute to one really really old classic game from 8-bit era. Does anybody recognize the game? :)
    [​IMG]

20. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Oh my, thanks for all the updates, this is one of my best loved idevice games.