Universal Archibald's Adventures (by Rake in Grass)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by applesauce25r624, Jan 8, 2009.

1. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    kenban....thank you for resurrecting an old thread instead of posting a brand new one. You are the best junior member on the forum!

2. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    I love the game too — no relation though! :D

I had no idea there was an update with more levels coming. Excellent news! :)

I see now in the description on the App-Store about the 48 new levels coming, but where on the developer site did you see this news about the beta stage?

3. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
  4. kenban

kenban Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I found it on the developers forums. http://forum.rakeingrass.com/viewforum.php?f=17

If you have the PC version you can already download and test out the levels yourself (although I don't have it myself so I am just waiting for the iPod Touch version update). I even noticed the developer offered to give out the level creator and would put together an update with a package of the best user created levels if anyone feels up to it. But it looks like the level creator is PC only so I would assume you would need the PC version for that as well.

I even found that the company posted YouTube clips of the solutions to many of the levels on their site. Finally let me finish the two levels I had not gotten through yet.

5. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
  6. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    This is definately one of my favorite games and is the best platformer in the app store- controls are flawless

7. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I agree, this is an excellent game.

8. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009

Not quite, I can't stand when, if you touch just a bit outside of the 'control pad', it goes into 'screen wide control' and the pad minimizes. This happened quite a few times to me, I wish there was a toggle option.

I loved the game though, I could do without the old man missions as they were more frustrating (due to controls) than complex.

9. ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Why hasn't this game gotten more buzz? It's definitely in the top 3 games I've played on the iPhone so far.

10. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    It's currently in one of the big 3 app store placements, right at the top.

The virtual dpad works much better than nicky boom's because if you make a mistake, it's reversable - whereas nicky's has a limited supply of ammunition and so if you tap one of those by accident, you're stuffed.

11. fantomik

fantomik Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Poland
    One of the best platformers on the iPhone in my opinion. Highly recommended! (hope Rake in the Grass will release more games in near future; unfortunatelly they won't port Undercroft :-/)

Regards,
    f.

12. boovie

boovie Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Game developer/programmer - iPhone, Mac OS X, Wind
    Prague
    Hi, thanks for all comments! I'm one of the developers of archibald and FYI I have sent 1.3 update to Apple few hours ago, so it should get available within a week, if everything goes well :)

The update will bring 49 new levels, abilitity to disable game music and listen to iPod music and option to enable/disable auto-hiding of control pad (which many people found confusing). We have also disabled gravity for professor's jetpack, that should make it easier to control (at least we hope :).

13. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Excellent news, have been anticipating the new levels. Keep up the great work.

About the jetpack levels, yea they were frustratingly hard. It wasn't a question of skill at that point.

14. Flip

Flip Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Germany, near Dortmund
    WHAAA FREAKING AWESOME!!! :) Keep up the good work!!! Love the game. Just finished it yesterday. :)

Hope you'll add more and more levels :)

15. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Woohoo, update is out!!! I love this game!

16. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    I'm thinking of getting this game , but don't know yet. Hard decision since I've bought way too many games lately and saving for Zenonia, and more...

17. ra88it

ra88it Member

May 2, 2009
    Favorite iPhone game so far

I knew this game would probably be good, and I was saving it for my summer vacation. I was right! But now I'm stuck on level 11, fly like a condor (professor jetpack). Anybody want to give me a hint?

18. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Steady hand? All the professor jetpack levels are more about steady hands than puzzle solvin because he can float. Keep Trying!

19. boovie

boovie Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Game developer/programmer - iPhone, Mac OS X, Wind
    Prague
    In levels 4 and 8 use the crates to prevent hitting the spikes, this really makes these levels easy. There are also walthrough for many levels on youtube. And Camzy is right, steady hands are really helpfull :)