Universal Arcane Quest Legends (by Marco Pravato)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lordnedox, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Syn_

Syn_ Active Member

Feb 12, 2015
    #61 Syn_, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    I am flawed by how much detail there is in this game. Congratulations to lordNedox for what he/she has produced thus far.

I would like to provide a few points of feedback in the hopes that the Dev reads them and considers implementing some changes as a result.
    • I would really, really like to be able to revisit previous Chapter Towns to utilise the Armour/Weapon Vendor. I would like to do this so that I can buy certain Inventory Slots that have lower Attribute requirements that certain builds could benefit from. I understand that having access to Chapter 1's Town would mean having access to the Skill/Stat Vendor where Respec's were free but I'm sure some clever coding could ensure that once the Player had progressed past Chapter 1, revisiting Chapter 1's Town meant that you would always be presented with Respec costs that reflect the current Chapter the Player has reached. As it stands, I really wanted to buy a Shield for my Mage with a very low STR requirement but all the Shields in Chapter 4 have a minimum of 72 STR in order to equip. This would require a Stat build that is less than optimal for my Mage playthrough

• As has been mentioned in previous posts, by the time the Player has reached the later Act's, they have an abundance of Gold. I have over 1.5m at the moment and very, very little to spend it on. It's a case of being Gold rich and Arcane Token poor. This is a shame because it limits the Player's ability to experiment with gear-facilitated builds due to never having enough Arcane Tokens to work with. I would love to see a Shop whereby Arcane Tokens could be bought for in-game Gold. The ratio could be quite high, promoting this feature as more of an end-game content kind of feature. 1 Arcane Token for 50,000 Gold sounds reasonable. At the end of the day, you want the Player to be able to enjoy the game to its fullest and always being starved of a core resource is, from a Player's perspective, frustrating.

• As has also been previously mentioned, for some reason, when a Mage-related Torso armour is equipped, the Leg Armour slot is also occupied by this Mage-related Torso armour. The Leg Armour Slot is not clickable at all until the Mage-related Torso armour is unequipped which also removes the previously equipped armour in the Leg Armour slot entirely. The only exception to this that I have personally come across is one of the very first Mage-related Torso armour's that I came across - the Legendary Adept Armour 1. Thankfully, it was the best at the time for me and I have kept it up to date ever since.
    For now, these are the features that I believe need addressing - especially the first two points. Other than that, again, congratulations on making a very, very enjoyable mobile game. I look forward to continuing to play it and trying out new builds.

Thanks lordNedox!

Syn

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  2. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    So im on the fence about this game...it looks awesome, and so far im enjoying chapter 1. However, if you purchase the Act Bundle IAP, will that include the future acts as well? Or will I have to pay for those when they are relased? Just like to know before I pull the trigger on this purchase....ill probably do it either way, just asking for clarity sake...

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Buying the bundle will give you access to all future acts for free. :)

Wishme likes this.
  4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #64 Solarclipse, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    I’m on the second story quest in the graveyard now, but still on the fence with this game.

The non-warrior classes don’t seem as viable because of their combat mechanics, as others have pointed out.

I would be fine paying and playing out the warrior, but the fact that I can’t exit out and save my progress in any way doesn’t work for me. Maybe I just need to kill myself, but I’m not sure that would save any gold or items that I’ve gotten if I quit the app. (Playing normal, so I currently keep these things if I die and continue playing)

Is act 4 the conclusion of the game? Just wondering if any more polish is planned since I am on the fence.

Update: buying Town portals effectively let's you control saving in a pinch.

Wish there was more info on the support skills the mercenaries have or to test them out. But good and arcane stones are plentiful enough though I haven't had much reason to use stones side stuff in shop is far superior to drops

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    iCloud support added!

6. lordnedox

lordnedox Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Yep, and sorry for not being more active recently, been very busy plus there's Arcane Quest 4 in development...

Anyways, yes there's now the possibility to backup the heroes and restore them in another iOS device, if using the same game center account.

It is not iCloud though, I'm using my own servers to store the backups (or better, Microsoft's servers), because for various reasons I don't want to integrate iCloud in the game. The result is the same, and less complications :)

Also note that to make things simpler, the games are not automatically saved in the cloud, you must manually open the dialog and click the save button. Same applies also for restoring heroes, which must be done manually so to avoid any mistake caused by lack of synchronization.

Hopefully this is acceptable, the alternative would have been an always-online check which kinda defeats the purpose of being an offline RPG.

Cheers :)

7. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Cool, looking forward to #4!

stubbieoz likes this.
  8. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Any chance for Gamepad support? With IOS 13 and Apple Arcade around the corner, it would make this game the goto diablo-like (console) arpg on IOS.

There are several diablo-like arpgs but the best ones dont offer gamepad controller support. The only ones I really know of are Dungeon Quest and Dungeon Hunter 5.

9. lordnedox

lordnedox Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Hi,
    I've tried for some time but there were a couple of issues I couldn't get around:

- I only have a Xbox 360 controller and a SteelSeries Stratus to test. With the stratus, I could not manage to get it working properly, not sure if it was a gamepad issue because the x360 controller was working fine... I gave up after some time

- Handling only the game scene and not all the other screens seems a very big limitation, but requires a lot of time to work around.

In the end, the amount of time required for the integration was just too much for me. I might give it another try, but with Diablo Immortal coming out sometime soon, it might be just a waste of time..

10. Loving the game so far, but I'd appreciate more save points or an option to suspend the game.
    Also, gamepad compatibility would be a GREAT improvement.
    Nevertheless, buying it!