Universal Arcane Quest 3 - Rise of the Fallen - Tabletop RPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lordnedox, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So a week or so or did you do a emergency kind of update? No biggie just wondering.

2. lordnedox

lordnedox Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    It depends on Apple congestion, could be 2 days as well as 5. Normally never more than 5 business days :)

3. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Any idea when this update will be available?

4. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Literally 1 post above yours states exactly what you are asking #

5. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Hahaha thanks brother! In my own defence of stupidity, for whatever reason I didn't notice the 7th page of this thread, just the 6th...

Boy is my face red :mad:

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    All good actually its out now!

7. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The patch addresses many problems that have been stated by players.
    Two of special note is summons now give xp to their owners and the zoom has been increased.
    A very welcome patch and makes the game a whole lot better.
    Thanks.

8. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #68 CalinR, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Holy. Crap. The new move all feature is a life saver, and the highlight able objects thing doesn't ruin the immersion for me at all, I realize that's probably a concern for some.

Congrats, and thanks, at this point I'm waiting for more reasons to give you money lol. Updated my review as well, hope it helps. Nice to see a developer who doesn't dismiss feedback as not in line with their profit margin or artistic idea.

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
  10. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Omg, the game closed when I minimized it to write the review. Lame. Oh wait, the new move all feature means I didn't waste 20 mins, and don't have to do a bunch of work to clear 4 dungeons rooms.

Seriously, it's a lifesaver.

11. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    I don't think the highlight searchable objects is working

12. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    It's in the options as a togglebale feature. Otherwise, it's your device/OS, works fine for me (ipad3, latest update).

13. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Sorry about that, as a general rule in mobile games it's always better to save before leaving the App, as the O.S. may want to free some memory and kill processes unexpectedly.

Glad the update was processed so fast by Apple, and it seems to be working fine.

Enjoy the game then :) Always open to new improvements!

And please let me know if at higher levels it gets too difficult/frustrating, especially boss battles.. I wanted to give a fair challenge but perhaps not everyone has the patience to prepare for big battles :D

14. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    #74 CalinR, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Literally no worries, was being facetious. I'll admit I've been grinding the first(?) cyclops lair because I wanted to add the amazon and evoker to the party and have them leveled, but I'll definitely stop back in once I'm farther along in the game.

I'm not sure what the gold yields are in later levels, but from a balance point, I remember clearing the cyclops side quest this afternoon, and I'm pretty sure that out of the 8 items I got, by the time I repaired and equipped 2 of them and sold the rest, I made a 200 gold profit. I'm bringing this up because from what I've seen, some of the items cost 11k. Mind you, all were tier 1 items, so that ratio makes sense for now.

Now again, I might be jumping the gun like I seem to have been so far, because the loot drops are plentiful, but I can see a scenario where I'll be grinding late game if I want all 8 chars to have good equipment. To be fair, that might not be the way you envisioned people playing your game, so I guess I'm just thinking out loud at this point, hoping it won't get too grindy later on.

I've been meaning to say, the replayable side quests are basically the separation between this being a premium experience where the gold IAP is actually for skipping ahead, and a freemium title with a paywall, so again, kudos for not doing that.

Overall though, I'm happy with the balance. Aside from the barbarian facepalming everything in almost one hit, which is what that class is supposed to do, everyone else feels about right at lvl 4, with an admittedly focused skill point distribution of maximum two attributes per char (STR/CON, or INT/CON for the paladin). Works great so far.

15. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Yes, the point (especially at low levels) is not to re-sell found equipment to make huge profits, rather to have something to equip for every hero.

About the gold amounts, let me give you an example:
    around level 10, completing a primary quests gives a bonus of approx 30K gold, side quests give approx 9k gold. And that's just the bonus without counting exploration and kills.

So there should be plenty to be spent, but obviously depends on how many side quests are played, and how much the player explores the levels.

Cheers

16. CrayonWarrior

Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    How to swap equipment between characters?

17. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    You can't change equipment when inside a dungeon, but you can do it between different levels in the same quests. Just unequip an item from one character, then equip it for another :)

Cheers

18. CrayonWarrior

Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    And it can't be done at the guild at the end of a quest?

19. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Yes sure, you can do there as well, same method --> unequip first, then equip :)

20. CrayonWarrior

Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land

Thank you! I bought the full unlock when the patch hit as well. Just have to put a review in the App Store (Australian), not a big market so I don't know if it will make much difference.