Universal Arcane Quest 3 - Rise of the Fallen - Tabletop RPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lordnedox, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @nosoup: if you are still reading here: I have exactly the same problem, and work around it by tapping the hero portraits when one of them gets lost in the gloom again; this centers your view on the selected hero.

Also, lordnedox (the dev) already commented that he'll see what he can do about it:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3873610&postcount=6

The one thing I wish Marco would have done differently this time is the XP:
    Swapping chars is really tedious: you need to level them up individually, and XP gain seems to be about the same slow pace as AQ2.
    I'm replaying Devils&Demons on the side, and for contrast that one uses a party experience level instead: That level determines which skills you can buy for your heroes (similar to equipment, which De&De doesn't have) .
    Personally, I really would prefer an XP "pool" that determines the level for all of your heroes. You still need to buy equipment, but it would cut down on the grind at least somewhat. And encourage experimenting with the different chars, as well as allow for easy swapping if you e.g. need a Healer in one stage but not in general.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #42 stubbieoz, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    As has been mentioned before by a couple of players, summoners should get the XP and not their summons.
    As this stands it is almost counter productive having a summoner in your party as they have such a much harder time levelling up.

There is one thing that can help alleviate the problem somewhat though.
    I use the summon as a tank. The AI seems to target a summoned creature first.
    You can then use the characters ranged attack to kill off enemies while they blindly attack the summon.

The Amazon's wolf transformation does not have this problem as the amazon still gets the XP as a wolf.

And one thing I hope the dev adds to the game is to have an option to disable the dynamic camera. It can really disorientate you some times mid battle.

3. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    This sounds like a great game... So I downloaded and got the ultimate pick to support however haven't actually played it. I think I will wait a bit until some of the "kinks" are ironed out though it sounds totally playable.

any timelines for the first patch/update? I understand it's a brand new game but it seems there are a few issues that could hinder my first impression :D

4. lordnedox

lordnedox Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    The summoner's XP is certainly a bug and will be fixed in the next update, however please consider that most of the XP is shared between the heroes regardless their kills/assists count. This to avoid support characters to be left behind in the level progression.

Not sure about the dynamic camera problems, you mean during the enemy turn, when the camera automatically follows the current enemy?

Cheers

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #45 Ayjona, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    Thanks for great insights! Since I haven't actually wormed my way through all the catacombs in DR, I'll just finish what seems like the more complex game first, and treat this as a very nice comedown ;)

6. tdunaj

tdunaj Member

Mar 23, 2012
    This game looks really fun, like one of the other user said I'll too will wait for the patch and then give it a try.

7. nickchia

nickchia Active Member

Jul 5, 2015
    Please update to make locked chest loot better. My normal loot is better than the locked chest.

8. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Well, there is still a random component, but I will make higher chances of better equipment.

Other than that, these others improvements have been made and will be included in the next release:
    -Improved French translations
    -Summoners get the XP for enemies killed by summons
    -Fixed bug allowing ranged characters to attack through walls
    -Added magic cost information on skills upgraded level
    -Increased hardcore maximum saves to 5
    -Fixed bug that charged the wrong amount when repairing broken equipment
    -Increase the light/contrast on items and characters
    -Increased maximum zoom out distance
    -Added the possibility to pass consumable items to nearby allies

Now working on a few more things:
    - Respec option (paid by gold, cost depends on hero level)
    - Temporary highlight (flash) of searchable objects
    - (optional, may be impossible) Option to move the characters all together when there are no visible enemies

Stay tuned :)

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    That all sounds awesome!

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Great job there, thanks a lot!

Two remarks, if I may:
    Gold is scarce enough as it is, I really don't want to spend it on a respec. Why not just make the respec free? It's for players' convenience mainly, so I don't see any reason to add an extra barrier to it.

Depends on how that turns out exactly, but I still think a permanent - ideally toggleable - highlight is the better option. How do you intend to have this work? E.g. with a button to activate the highlight?

11. Kloke

Kloke Member

Feb 1, 2016
    For those of us new to the series. Is there a wiki or instructions.

1. Some questions like Weapon or Item special effects. I purchased a bow (Deluge) it says I gain an extra action, yet that never seems to be the case.

Is that an extra attack? Extra movement? How often does it proc if it's a proc etc.

2. On the movement suggestion, I agree totally and it has me not playing currently. I have limited time to play during breaks and it seems I am spending more time clicking each char to move them up to the next room than the actual fights.

My suggestion is that if no mobs are near you click a button and click a square and it will move the entire group to that area. The person you click is in that square and the rest fall in around them at their own speeds.

3. If I could make any other suggestion it would be that items should show. If I pick up amazing armor or I buy a bow of bad assery, I would prefer seeing it on my char.

To me it will get stale never seeing my character change across the game.

12. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    I'm worry free respec could be exploited somehow, it's usually paid in most RPGs I've played. But I will see, perhaps keeping it extremely cheap at low levels and increasing with level progression. I may also improve the gold bonus for mobs and quests, I must check the stats of the game.

About the highlight, yes I was thinking of a button that flashes the items in the current room/all rooms. The glow effect has an some performance costs if permanently on, and I'm not sure how it would look overall. But let me check into it perhaps something can be worked out.

Thanks ;)

13. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Hi, let me answer your questions:

1. Some weapons roll a special die (it's a black die with a star) that gives 33% chances to cast the special effect described in the equipment. The special effect is applied only on successful attacks/defenses.
    So if the special effect is "get an extra action" that means you have 33% chances on successful attacks to gain an extra attack.
    I believe it's also written in the in-game help, combat dice section.

2. Working on this, it's not that easy especially if you have characters in different areas of the map. Would you expect to move them all, or to move only the characters "nearby"?

3. I know and I would be really happy to implement something like this. I have evaluated this possibility, but it was only conceivable for weapons, not for armors. And even for weapons, there's a main problem with the characters animations, which should change if they are using an axe, hammer, sword etc.
    As I'm a single developer and this is not my full time job, I had to give up on this. Perhaps in the future, if budget allows :)

Many thanks
    Cheers

14. Kloke

Kloke Member

Feb 1, 2016
    #54 Kloke, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    First off, hell of an impressive job especially solo. I wish I understood how to do it and I would offer to go into business together. II am not much on coding but love tweaking. I used to write custom Wow and Eq mods for my guilds and friends but know nothing about Unity.

I did purchase most everything to help you out though. I did leave some of the +stars to have something to work for.

1. Ok that makes sense, I ended up last night with no procs on my ranger for a full dungeon and the first fight of the next dungeon procced 4 times in one turn. At least I understand it now.

2. I feel it should move the entire group only as it is a "we are moving on type move." Unless you can section groups off and say group one here or group two here.

To me I think a were done here, let's move on as a group button is the way to go. Also, a click exit "do you want your whole party to exit with you?" Option would be nice. Nothing like taking 4 rounds to exit as one was close but the rest were spread out.

3. It is by no means a game stopper. Just great to see and yeah, if the weapons have particle effects aka fire or what not if that is included great.

Game is fine as it sits just think it would "feel" better. More epic and like you actually have a magic item.

Though, in many a D&D game, I died or bent to the will of a strong willed weapon that looked "safe".

15. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    With regards to the group movement, I've just completed it and it works pretty well. Only heroes within a certain range (6 squares in all directions) will follow the hero being moved. It won't work if enemies are visible, to avoid messing up the strategy.
    Only downside is that the heroes always try to "surround" the hero being moved, so a wizard may come on front of the group.
    But I understand this is mostly for exploration and especially backtracking, so the position of the heroes shouldn't matter.

About the permanent highlight of searchable items, I ended up adding a new entry in the game settings, no need to click any button (note: doesn't work on creatures, only on items that can be searched)

Cheers

16. Kloke

Kloke Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Let me know if you need a tester. I don't mind beta versions, etc.

17. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Sure, please drop me a PM or email with your iTunes e-mail account to thenex AT nexgamestudios.com !

18. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    The new update 1.0.7 is on the way of certification with Apple.

I addressed all the bugs/improvements reported here and by other players. Some improvements (like the compass) have been postponed/discarded because of technical issues.

Here's the complete list of changes:
    • - Added the possibility to pass consumable items to nearby allies
    • - Added setting to keep searchable items permanently highlighted
    • - Added option that allows to move all the heroes at once, when there are no visible enemies.
    • - Added option to reset character statistics (respec), free of charge
    • - Improved French translations
    • - Summoners get the XP for enemies killed by summons
    • - Fixed bug allowing ranged characters to attack through walls
    • - Added magic cost information on skills upgraded level
    • - Increases hardcore maximum saves to 5
    • - Fixed bug that charged the wrong amount when repairing broken equipment
    • - Increase the light/contrast on items and characters
    • - Increased maximum zoom out distance
    • - Minor fixes and balance issues resolved

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Whow, that was really fast, color me impressed, my good sir!
    Also, really good to hear that you found a way to make group movement work.

I got another one for a future update:
    Currently, the skill bar when in a dungeon also shows the passive skills.
    As I didn't memorize all the icons yet, I keep getting confused and wondering which active skill that was again.
    Maybe you could move the passives to the right of the bar, keep the actives on the left, and put a simple separator - like a thick colored line - between the two?

20. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Thanks, fortunately moving as a group was not too difficult, and it plays very nice especially when you have to travel all the map because of a dead end.

You can currently tell passive abilities because they don't have the small number indicating the mana cost, however it could be an idea to move them all to the right :)

Cheers