Universal Arcane Quest 3 - Rise of the Fallen - Tabletop RPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lordnedox, Jul 1, 2016.

1. lordnedox

lordnedox Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Thank you for the feedback. I certainly don't want make purchasing gold a mandatory thing to advance in the game. On the other hand, playing side quests and explore the dungeons more deeply might be required to have enough gold for the best equipment.
    IAP gold is intended for those who prefer go straight for the primary quests, or don't have time for exploration.

Cheers

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I am already stuck on the 2nd main mission where you have to protect the town? I guess I need to do more side quests...

3. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I was near the exit and about to die. I was able to move my archer to the exit. When my other character died, I got credit for completing. Not sure if it's intended or a bug.

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Similar to Demon's Rise? If so, how does it measure up to that esteemed benchmark?

5. blindmuggy

blindmuggy Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    If these updates get done ill defo get it, also why is it free what's the iap like?

6. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    For free you get the 4 base heroes (barbarian, wizard, dwarf, ranger), but you can play the whole game without limitations. There's only one advertising video that starts when you leave the dungeon. If you purchase any IAP it will also remove that.

:)

7. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I might not be bet place to comment as I played demons rise during very late betas, but this looks far better IMHO.

IAPs are like £2.99 for the everything bundle

8. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Huge fan of Demons Rise, the current state of that game is very strong and the dev is top notch.

For me the question is like Torchlight vs. Diablo, both excellent versions of genre, more of a taste thing. DR is darker for me and has deeper choices for characters, cover mechanics and counter attacks. No counter attacks that I've seen in Arcane Quest. Gameplay overall is very similar.

I rate DR a 5 and this a 4 and I'm not entirely sure why exactly, mainly the deeper battle system on DR. This one is very good, has more of a tabletop D&D feel where DR for me feels more epic and connected in some way.

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I haved played Demons Rise since day one.
    That game and Arcane Quest 3 are both turn based tactical rpg's. Demons Rise has had a long time on iOS, being developed from a competent beta phase to release. The developer has been extremely active and the game has developed into a well tuned tactical rpg.
    The Arcance Quest series has also had a long history on iOS. The previous two games are very good games.
    Demons Quest is a one time purchase with no iap's. Something that was really appreciated by the gaming community.

Arcane Quest games have been free to download but have iap's. However the main gust of the iap's have been extra playable characters, as it seems this is also the case in Arcane Quest 3. Other iap's are gold or special gems though the dev has stated that by doing side quests you probably wont need to purchase them. That is yet to be seen by me.

The cost of both games ends up being roughly the same (if you buy the ultimate pack for Arcane Quest) though Arcane Quest 3 also has optional iap's for gold. Demons Rise has no iap's.
    Both games have a similar graphical look. You are able to zoom and rotate the camera as you like.
    Both games allow mid mission saves...big plus in my thinking.

Demons Rise has had a long developement time on iOS. As such the game is well optimised now and has had a massive amount of bugs and improvements made.
    Arcane Quest 3 is new, but it comes from a developer who has much experience in this type of game. The developer, like Demons Rise developer, has shown they are receptive to gripes and improvements that their customers want.

I have not played enough of Arcane Quest 3 to make a more critical comparison however.

Still I think both games deserve a place on your iPad if you like premium tactical rpg's.

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I see what you did there.

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I like this one better actually, the quests seem more streamlined.

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    But did you understand what I said?

Demons Rise has a one off payment for the game.
    If you purchase the Ultimate pack for Arcane Quest 3 it is still a one off payment.

The difference between the two is;
    Arcane Quest is free to download and try out.
    Demons Rise is not.

Arcane Quest also has the ability to purchase iaps, such as gold and arcane stones. How necessary they are needed to purchase is yet to be determined, by me at least.

Demons Rise has no such shenanigans. Just a one off payment.

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I freaking love the Paladin!

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Can you share a bit how she plays? She and the Amazon are great character models, but I dropped both for now.
    Paladin looks like a Cleric with all the Healing. And if AQ3 is anything like 2 or Adventures, healing is the least problem. Dishing out enough damage is/was.

I am going with the Mage, Ranger, Berserker, and Thief now. Skipped the Dwarf and decided to give magic trap-disarming a try.
    Played around a bit in the first dungeon, originally wanted to go with an all-melee party.
    Now I have 4 different equipment types, and 2 ranged attackers. All-melee should be interesting; but they got into each other's way on chokepoints.

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Yea you pretty much nailed it. I like having her hold the line and being able to heal herself and the group is awesome. I then use another melee guy the beserker I believe then 2 ranged like yourself.

16. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Thanks, I'm no expert but the professional writer who prepared the story line seemed pretty good to me!

17. stevenmozart

stevenmozart Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Your game is great,,, and honest,,, best thing I have played in some time,, thanks guys,,,, played the others as well,,, loved them all ,,, but this one is outstanding,,,, lots of effort here ,,, thanks!!!

18. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    The lack of contrast and the inconvenient perspective were enough to make me delete an otherwise-likable game. I got tired of losing my characters in the floor.

19. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Many thanks, it's been a long journey since Arcane Quest 1, and hopefully there will be more to come :)

20. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I totally agree. The difference between this and 2 is huge. This really feels like a full RPG with a great story and a strong feeling of cohesion between the world and story. And the graphics, sounds, and controls on top of that are awesome. I would have been satisfied with the default characters, but I bought the lot just to support the devs. Great job!