Universal Arcane Quest 3 - Rise of the Fallen - Tabletop RPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lordnedox, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Australia
    As to the lack of ranged guys I did miss the goblin archers that were in the previous game, they were good for keeping you on your toes a bit with the back line characters.

As to more normal group (slightly over leveled due to a bit of grinding for gold) and Boss HP, I've found most of the heavier bosses usually take a concentrated attack from the group about 2 turns to kill them (3 if unlucky on rolls) when using the consumables collected along the way(though I'm not hugely focused on the direct damage attacks). While I'll typically save some energy for those fights as well, mostly to clean out the fodder around the boss.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Unfortunately I am putting the game aside for a while.
    It has simply become way too easy and repetitive.
    Because the game has a general lack of ranged attackers and my number one team is just walking over the enemies by using choke points it is sadly becoming boring.

I'm going back to Demons Rise (nice new patch upcoming) for a better challenge.

I have faith that the dev will address the difficulty problem though, with a new improved hardcore mode.

3. lordnedox

lordnedox Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Update 1.2.3 is now available in the store.

Here's a list of the major changes:

GAME MODES
    - Hardcore mode: changed the way it works. Now you have a single save status, you cannot exit the game without saving, minimizing the app automatically saves the game. If you die, you have to restart the current dungeon, not the whole quest.
    - Added 3 new quests in the middle of the map which support leaderboards, and a unique graphics shader to simulate "the dream". These quests have random bosses, chosen between 3 possibilities for each quest.

GAMEPLAY
    - You can purchase the same equipment multiple times
    - Added an option to reset the hero's skills
    - The Dwarf now can use hammers and the Amazon can use spears
    - The evoker's troll now has diagonal attacks

VISUAL
    - The camera now keeps the current rotation and zoom after ending the turn
    - The camera keeps the current rotation when switching between player and enemy turns
    - Added an option for static enemy camera
    - Passive abilities have been moved to the right side of the spell bar
    - Increased overall brightness level

Cheers
    :)

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Sounds good, especially the 3 new quests, thanks for the update! And for listening to us, of course ;)
    I might get around to playing again this evening, really want to see that dream thing you so ominously refer to.

5. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Yeah well, don't expect a revolution, it's just a fancy alternative to the standard realistic visuals of the game. I think you will appreciate the new camera, much more stable and not spinning around between turns.

Sent you an e-mail as well about another thing.. let me know whenever you have a chance ;)

Cheers
    Marco

6. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Forgot to say: update 1.2.3 also introduces 3 new types of ranged enemies (goblin, orc, human), and I've updated most quests to include them.
    Hopefully it will make the game more challenging :)

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Marco: Nice to see ranged enemies, good addition.
    Travelling home in a few, should be able to reply to your email tonight or tomorrow.

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #188 stubbieoz, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    This is excellent news! #
    Hopefully I now have to rethink my whole battle stragety, oh joy.

Also you have included some real nice tweaks in the patch, such as the camera operation, thankyou #

I am now really looking forward to trying out the new hardcore version.
    I will post a review on the Aussie App Store once I have a decent try of the new patch.

And thanks for listening to the community and people who have posted here and being active on this forum.
    There are a lot of gamers here at TouchArcade who want games like yours to succeed.

9. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014

Perfect update!
    The camera changes are a real improvement.

Thanks for this

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

10. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Thanks to you. There is a small bug however in the new leaderboard quests, the mini map is not showing properly. Will get that fixed in the next update.

Cheers

11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Any chance of making the three multiplayer quests available for single player?
    Every time I check the server there is absolutely nobody online so I am unable to do them.

12. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Australia
    Thanks for the update, a bunch of nice additions and improvements :)

I find this the same way, given I also have a game in 'hot-seat' style, feels weird to not be able to do the multi-player missions.

Additional Suggestions:
    Giving Jag (the thief) an ability to unlock the locked chests. Something like each a rank gives a special die and it unlocks on star, maybe even counting as an action (as a passive) or uses energy to unlock them (as an active), With something like reduced energy cost as it upgrades, or summoning keys. This will also make him more like a thief rather than being essentially an Assassin.

An ability to replay quest missions (side missions are ok, but nice to have options). Sometimes I'd like to just play through with the other characters (without starting from the beginning) or again if I haven't played for a while to refresh the story. Even if it is an upgrade for the guild it would be good. While as a guild upgrade it will mean its unavailable for a while for new games/players.

13. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    I don't think it will be implemented. Multiplayer quests, for their nature, have been designed to be simpler and quicker that the others. Giving access to them in single player would not add a great value, and could be exploited if replayed multiple times by the player (being short quests, they can be completed fairly easily but with good bonuses).

@Loswaith Thanks for the suggestions, I think the Thief ability would be great! Let me add these to my list and see if it's possible to do something about in the future :)

Cheers

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Okay, but I would love to get some feedback on how many players actually have done these quests.

See the point is this.
    There are limited arcane stones available to a guild in a campaign.
    There are three available if you can somehow find someone online at the exact same time you are online and want to do the same guest together.

My feeling is that these three quests are almost impossible to complete as the multiplayer server is dead.

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    re: Multiplayer Quests

I got really lucky and got someone else online right away for the first MP quest.
    After that, I never got anyone else, but admittedly I didn't try that often (I only have limited time to play, and don't want to spend it waiting for half an hour if maybe someone shows up).
    If you have a feature like this, you need a large enough playerbase that you can find another player within a few minutes, tops.
    Also, in AQ3 multiplayer isn't an integral part of gameplay, as opposed to any "fight against other players" game out there.

@Marco:
    I wouldn't worry about players "exploiting" the MP quests if you make them available for single-play offline. The best places for grinding seem to be the dungeons with only one stage anyways: just beeline for the boss, repeat as needed. At worst, you'd have 3 more nice places where folks can grind a bit.

And seconding the request to make storyquests replayable, too.

16. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Australia
    Thanks for the great update. Glad to see you got weapons showing, and even beyond expectations is that the same weapon types (swords, axes, hammers, ect) even have different models too :)

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Oha, update? Need to check later. Adding different weapons is a really nice touch, well done.

And looks like I have to get back to playing ;)

18. lordnedox

May 9, 2014
    Yes each piece of equipment has its own model. Not yet released on iOS, doing last round of testing..

19. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Arh, that sorted out that confusion why I did not see any update in the App store.
    Looking forward to seeing the new weapon graphics.

20. Redzik

Redzik New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Poland
    Looks like my Ipad Mini can handle this game, maybe playable without crash than other new app.
    I have question, If I buy pack with all heroes, what about after deleting app, I lost money and after new install I need pay again!? Sry, but rather I don't pay for something inside app, it's different than gold or crystal.
    Sry for my English.