Universal Arcane Golf (Clickteam USA, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kisguri, Mar 10, 2021.

1. waymoreblues

waymoreblues Active Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Hey! Absolutely love this game! Quick question… I am stuck in Arcane Lair, Level 7. I get the ball into the area with the portal, but it will not go in! If I’m missing something here just let me know and I will persevere! If not this might be a bug. Thank you for your work on this entertaining game!

2. FromLefcourt

FromLefcourt Active Member

Mar 11, 2021
    Male
    Hey, don't worry it's just a bug (we'll do the worrying in this case, haha). We have a fix for it, and it should be out soon™. So glad you're loving the game.

3. waymoreblues

waymoreblues Active Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thank you! I really appreciate the prompt response! ❤️

FromLefcourt likes this.
  4. nestea5

nestea5 Member

Dec 30, 2008
    #44 nestea5, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    Just wanted to follow up on my previous post - I'm on Arcane lair part of the game now and just want to thank the developers for an outstanding game.

Keep up the good work!

Edit: just got to Level 7 - cant wait for the update.

FromLefcourt likes this.
  5. FromLefcourt

Mar 11, 2021
    Male
    Thanks so much for the kind words. The update is currently pending approval, so I expect a couple more hours before release. When you're ready (and the patch is out), please leave a positive review (if you haven't already). Small devs like me rely on good word of mouth.

6. Kisguri

Kisguri Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Update #3 is now live in addition to bug fixes this build adds the ability to skip levels! Check it out!

- Added the ability to skip a level after the first attempt
    - Fixed logging in to Play Games [android]
    - Improved audio support [android]
    - Improved level Arcane Lair 7

aussiepaul likes this.
  7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Looks like it needs a little more time to show up, but holy cow, you guys have been knocking these updates out of the park! :D Incredible work.

EDIT: Not a minute after posting, and the update shows up. :p

FromLefcourt likes this.
  8. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    It took me 45 minutes to beat level 31 because I didn’t read the directions. Neglected to realize that you have to touch the ball again to make it solid.

This is an absolute gem. For $1.99, even more so. 200 well designed puzzles with different elements that are continuously being introduced.

metalcasket and FromLefcourt like this.
  9. FromLefcourt

Mar 11, 2021
    Male
    Glad to hear you dig it. I think our biggest hurdle is getting people to read the tutorials, but I'm sure we can do more to encourage understanding. Something to consider for a future update. Glad you persisted and figured it out, that's a good sign about the fun factor. When you're ready, please leave a review (I'll start to sound like a broken record soon). We really rely on those as we build our reputation, and they mean the world.

10. nestea5

nestea5 Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Just finished the game and want to say amazing job devs. Keep up the great work - looking forward to any future games you guys make.

Will there be an arcane golf 2? :)

Or any plans of adding more levels? Debating if should keep the app on my phone.

11. FromLefcourt

Mar 11, 2021
    Male
    Thanks so much for all of the feedback, and positive words. We love hearing people finished the game! We don't want to make any premature promises on what's coming next, but I think we'd rather update this game than make a new version (right now). It's a small enough app that it's probably worth saving your progress for a while. We'll keep you updated if we have any news!

metalcasket likes this.
  12. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Another day, Another awesome update!

Update #4 is now live in addition to bug fixes this build adds a couple of new ball colors! Check it out!
    • "Visual Assist" option that removes background details and highlights the ball for easier visibility
    • Fixed issue that was making Arcane Lair lvl 36 too difficult [ios]
    • Fixed some achievements that unlocked too quickly
    • Activated the tee in Dank Dungeon level 28 so you no longer need to immediately shoot
    • Increased the size of the "Pause" and "Quick Retry" buttons
    • Added 2 ball colors
    Get the latest info on our game on our twitter: https://twitter.com/Clickteam/status/1375220631457906695

FromLefcourt likes this.
  13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Y'all are nuts. I love it!

FromLefcourt likes this.
  14. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Not sure if it was the last update but my progress no longer saves. Everytime I open it, it’s back to the first level.

15. FromLefcourt

Mar 11, 2021
    Male
    #55 FromLefcourt, Mar 29, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Oh wow, not sure what's going on there. Will look into this immediately. I'm assuming you're on iOS (given the forum), but let me know if not. We didn't change anything (that I know of), that would affect saving...

Edit: We've checked and I can confirm no changes could have been made to affect progress. That's saved locally for you. We can not reproduce the issue either. As suggested below, is it perhaps just the "last level" text in the bottom right? That's just to let you know which level you most recently played each time you hop in a game (it does not carry over when closing the app). If any of the portals are unlocked, your progress has not been affected.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You sure it’s not just “Last Level” in the bottom right hand corner of the level select screen resetting to 00 every time you kill the app? I just checked and my level progression is definitely being saved.

FromLefcourt likes this.
  17. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    As part of a future update we are polishing up the main menu, Stay tuned for more details!

[​IMG]

metalcasket likes this.
  18. FromLefcourt

Mar 11, 2021
    Male
    Hmmm...I wonder what that could be all about?

metalcasket likes this.
  19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, dammit! Being a moderator, I can see you've edited that post. I took a quick look at the original post to see if I could figure out what's coming, but NOPE....stumped! Still SUPER stoked though! :D

FromLefcourt likes this.
  20. FromLefcourt

Mar 11, 2021
    Male
    All will be revealed soon™!