Universal ARC Squadron: Redux - (by Psyonix) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Just typed a response, and realized it's not even worth it. Enjoy the new version, folks.

DBC

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I still have it in my purchase history so you should be fine.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #23 Exact-Psience, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    Wow... they are pulling out the original paid version.

They didnt want to update the original to be freemium, but they decided to create a new freemium version, and pull out the original. Does that at all make a difference?

Im pretty sure i threw at least $5 worth of IAP to the first one, but now it means whatever updates they put in the game, wont be affecting the one that i have.

The original has a permanent place in my ipad, but it looks like i will have to delete it. Pfft.

4. What, they pulled the paid version? That is bunk, this is happening way to much, and just ain't right. Bait and switching or pulling should be illegal.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thankfully, just found it as well, but it still irks me. Also hope the removal of the app didn't screw with the Cloud save system.

I don't get it either. Guess it's my skepticism from past experiences that I find it difficult to believe that they spent this much time to make an Android version and new iOS version that is supposedly as balanced as the original. No one does tons of work to not expect to get profit in return.

Sorry, just my 2 cents. I'll be downloading the Android version to see just how geniune the dev is.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Doesn't anyone back up their apps? Crazy

7. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I have a back-up of the old, paid version, if that's what you mean.

DBC

8. PsyonixDan

PsyonixDan Member

Nov 1, 2012
    For those that are confused, if you bought the old build, that's not going to go away. We removed it from being purchased, not from being downloaded. For reference:

[​IMG]

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I should but my PC is a piece of crap and space is sadly an issue there too. But really, if we paid for something and the dev still operates, I see no reason for pulling an app. Even if we can get it through history, it's a pain to go through hundreds of apps.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, if at all they decide to update the free version, that means that the paid version will be left behind. Toink.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, that does suck. I really had thought the dev was doing a good thing releasing a separate freemium version when many devs just change to freemium and screw original buyers. Guess in this case, it's almost as bad.

12. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Hah!, God not this again

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well its like buying a new car and then the dealer shows up and takes it and gives you a lemon lol ok well maybe not that dramatic but you get the point.

14. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Oh, no I was referring to last weeks Costume Quest iap scandal (expansiongate), but yes I know what you mean

15. I don't call that a bait and switch, that was more of a false or misadvertisement.

16. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    You made significant changes to the Android version and decided to release it to us for free instead of charging us again? This sounds reasonable.

17. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Misadvertisement isn't a real word.

Plus, even if it was, that's a double negative meaning that it's a true advertisement.

Sorry, gramatical cluster-f***s like that are just a pet peace of mine.

18. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    So someone using a phrase like, say, "pet peace" instead of the standard "pet peeve" would irritate you?

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    When phrases like "balancing is largely the same as the original", I'd say reasonable may be questionable. Either way if you have progress in the original version or paid IAPs in it, you're left with an app that is no longer supported.

I'm sorry but people don't do major reworking of apps out of the goodness of their own hearts. They do it for money. Would they really go through as much effort as they did for the Android version and expect to not make any money off of it? Doubtful.

Regardless, pulling the plug on the old version sucks for those that paid for it (and in some cases put even more money into it) and now can expect no further updates, etc.

20. Chester_Copperpot

Nov 21, 2012
    It may not be a real word, but it does draw closely parallel to "misdirection", which is a real word. One makes as much sense as the other.

You're picking nits, your punctuation could be a little better and "gramatical" is not a word; "grammatical" is. ;)