Aralon: Sword and Shadow Public Beta

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Nov 19, 2010.

1. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    I just followed you and couldn't believe I wasn't already following you. My twitter id is legowiz, just like here. I have an iPod Touch 2G 16gb running iOS 4.1. I have beta tested a ton of games, but I would love to add the great and powerful Aralon to the list :D so far I've beta tested: (If I get in, Aralon: Sword and Shadow will go right here on future applications :D), Illusia, Queen’s Crown, Touch The Beat, Baseball Superstars 2011, Wispin, Aftermath, Alive 4-ever RETURNS, Agents!, Etolis: Arena, Icarus-X, Ricochet Infinity, NovaRift, N.Y.Zombies, Revolt, Save Toshi, SpaceBalls, Wrecking Ball, Floop, and Pirates vs Ninjas vs Zombies vs Pandas.

Just for your information, I have received the gift cards from Gamevil and Com2us for all the games I beta tested for them, which proves that I did a good job. :eek: (wow, I did a good job!) :D (he'll like that) :p (that'll be a definite win!) ;) (hint hint) :) (hehe) :rolleyes: (I hope he'll like that) :cool: (hmm, he doesn't seem that overjoyed) :eek: (he's looking at me funny) :confused: (why is he looking at me like that?) :( (I'm getting bad vibrations...) :mad: (dang, he's probably not gonna choose me) ... this is what will happen if I don't get chosen, I'll be :mad: that's right :mad:, I won't be :)...okay, I won't be :mad:, I'll be :(, so please choose me so I can be :D

I love iPod Gaming and I plan to be an indie developer once I get my computer science degree, so beta testing gives me a great idea of what I have to look forward to, and it gives me ideas for the future. I hope you will pick me based on my merits and attitude. I will buy the game first day regardless of whether I get in or not, but my purchase may be delayed by at least 30sec if I don't get in, so I suggest you choose me :D ...okay, no more smilies, I've worn the little guys out.

2. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    #62 theblackw0lf, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    Twitter ID: theblackw0lf
    Device(s) Type: Iphone 4, 4.1 firmware; iPad
    Beta testing experience: Warpgate, 100 Rogues (yes it was beta tested ;) ) , LOTRO, Ultima online

I truly believe Aralon has a chance of being a groundbreaking title whose success could pave the way for more ambitious RPGs that provide a console or PC-like experience. So it's in my vested interest to ensure that the game when released is as stable and playable as possible. I would hate for the potential success of this game to be ruined by bugs or other issues that turn off new players.

3. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Nevermind Ooooopps!

4. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    #64 tekchic, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    Device Type: 32gb iPhone 4 running 4.1, 32gb 3G iPad running 4.2GMb
    Beta Testing Experience on iOS: Pocket Creatures
    Beta Testing Experience (other platforms): WoW - WotLK, Age of Mythology (WinXP)
    TwitterID: @tekchic

Why I'd Like to Be the Next American Idol: oops... no wait.

I'm a coder (C#, Objective-C, Ruby, PHP, and a smattering of other older acronyms). I'm familiar with unit testing and QA testing, as my day job as a software developer demands it. And I'm a chick. That codes. How cool is that?

In my off time I like long walks on the beach, flying my hot air balloon, and... oh yeah -- iOS GAMING. :)

5. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

#65 nicodemus82, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    OMG! I jumped around like a schoolgirl who had just been kissed for the first time when I saw this thread. my gf though i was having some sort of seizure. Lol.
    anywho's, Here's my info

Device Type: iPod Touch 3G 32GB iOS 4.1

Twitter ID: Nicodemus82.
    http://twitter.com/#!/Nicodemus82

Games Beta Tested/Testing:
    GodFinger, We Rule, Viking Funeral, Star Breed, Time Geeks, Star Dunk, FluOrama, Save Toshi, People Bucket, Empire Online, Illusia, Touch The Beat,Tiki Totems 2, A Skeleton Story, League of Epic Heroes, Ready Action!, Bug Heroes. Swivel, Bugs Wars.

Fingers & toes crossed that I get to be a part of the beta process. it''ll be like xmas come early if i do :D

6. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Hey

Sooooo here i go:

Twitter ID: Abisco79
    Devices: Ipad 3.2
    iPhone 3GS 4.1
    Previous experiences: Yslandia, Queens Crown, Fluorama, Dino Rush, Victory Day, Super Streaker HD, Deadly Dungeon, and some other smaller ones

I also review iOS games for mobiletechreview! Really been following this game from day one (before even CM was involved)! Would be great if I could get involved and help out! Thanks for considering me :D

Also I'm in a comp sci program, and video gaming and learning about video games is my passion!

7. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Would LOVE to get in on this.

Device: iPod Touch 2nd gen running 4.1
    Experience (takes deep breath): MagniFusion, Puzzle Collection, Fantasy Trader, Yslandia, Shadow Era, Slice It!, Star Breed, Doodle Boat, PondHopper, Max Adventure, Queen's Crown, Save Toshi!, Run Like Hell!, Illusia, Touch The Beat, Bug Heroes
    Twitter: bookyblo

8. merlinsbeards

merlinsbeards Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Inside
    #68 merlinsbeards, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen 8GB
    Latest iOS Software
    Twitter: merlinsbeards
    Probably going to play as: Human Mage
    I've only BETA tested PC games, and they are

Heroes of Newerth
    Starcraft II
    Vanguard

I love RPGs like The Elder Scrolls. WoW is OK. I've always wanted to have a great RPG on my iPod. I always play RPGs in unconventional ways. That might help me find more hidden bugs.

You want a joke? What do you call an awesome developer? Josh!

No, not you, me!

9. Device type: iPod Touch 2G, iOS 4.1
    Twitter ID: negative_0
    Experience: Time Geeks, Revolt, Etolis, Pentagon Defense

It looks like my beta-testing resume is pretty lacking compared to a lot of the other people here, but I'm keeping my hopes up anyways. Good luck everyone. :)

10. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Made a twitter just fir this!!!
    Jakeshore98

11. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Just saw this on tweeter ... so yes I am already following.

ipad 3G 64 gigs
    on twitter Iam @FPessolano
    and I have tested several games: Etolis, just got accepted for Inotia3, Queen.s crown, Wispin, Save Toshi, Toy Balls, I am testing some stuff for Gamelab (closed), Bugs HEroes, Ready Action, Tropical Mania, Ninja PEnguin Rampage, etc.

btw where on Earth is Aralon? :D

12. CamH

CamH Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Devices: iPhone 2g, iPhone 4g
    Twitter ID: CH2781 (I'm following you already.)
    Beta experience: I've had little beta experience on the iPhone. I've beta tested on my MacBook for Commander Europe at War and Napoleon at War.
    I do have a willing heart to help, a good knowledge of history and what a good game should be. I'm also picky, have a high attention to detail, the ability to communicate well, and the time to help you out over the next several weeks.

Funny Comment: (Since I don't have much else going for me.) Happiness is like wetting yourself. Everyone around you sees it, but only you feel its warmth.

Also I'd like to state that I'm not interested in this to just be able to play the game early. I'd truly like to help out and gain the experience from it. You have to start somewhere.

13. jammer8

jammer8 Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Followed

Followed

Twitter ID: @jimw3ms
    Device: iPhone 4

iPhone beta testing experience: Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Axion,

Have
    Extensive PC beta testing experience. Mainly RPG's

14. broeken

broeken Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    I'm sure that is what was intended, but for a game that looks this awesome, I figured why not?

15. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Im @borgqueenx

I want to be a beta tester because that game is seriously beautiful.
    I could have test it, and tell what improvements could be done in a non memory expensive way. But if ya want me to track down bugs thats fine to.
    I used to be a gaming programmer about 5 years ago and still have it in me, and know how to find the little bugs so you can swash 'em.

iHave a iPad and a iphone 4. (3.2.2/4.1)

Ummmm funny comments win? Poop im not really a comedian or something...

Just add me cuz i pwn u all?:D

16. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Followed.

Device: iPod Touch 3rd Gen 32GB
    Twitter: @JMDeathrage
    Experience: Well, none, but I do like to play WRPGs a lot (Morrowind, Mass Effect, FO3, etc) and I am pretty sensitive to the little annoyances in games, so I might be of some help pointing them out.

A lizard is just a naked turtle.

17. kcmcroxton

kcmcroxton Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2010
    ipod touch 4g 8gb
    @dat1quietboi
    ive had lots of beta experience on many platforms, pc, ps3, 360, and just got my ipod touch and am ready to help test games on this platform as well. just got accepted into inotia 3 beta, really hope i get into this one as well!

sometimes my friends look at me weird when i point out little problems in games that nobody would ever notice, i sometimes hate my eyes for that. makes me an awesome tester though lol.

18. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Twitter ID: @thebeastlyninja
    ipod touch 2gen 8gb (but i am planning to update to a 4gen)
    ive tested over 25 games and done a pretty good job with them.
    Hope i get in!

19. sk47z

sk47z Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    twitter id: sk47z
    ipod touch 4th gen iOS 4.1
    beta testing experience: hmmmm... not much... Tropical Mania, Pirate v Zombie v Panda v Ninja, Wispin,

20. Pylesrm

Pylesrm Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I have no beta testing experience at all. But I have a bachelors degree and enough gaming experience for two people.