Aralon: Sword and Shadow Public Beta

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Twitter: @_yerro (already following)
    Devices: iPod Touch 4G, iPad, iPod Touch 3G
    Beta testing experience: For games, none :( But I have tested some jailbroken iPhone themes :p

2. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    #22 Adeeb246, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
    Twitter: @Adeeb246
    Device: iPhone 4
    Beta testing experience: none, but you did say on your Twitter that you needed ME to be a beta tester for Aralon. So I thought, if CM Games and Josh really need ME that much, I'll do what I can ;)

3. Binny1223

Binny1223 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Concord NC
    Aralon: Sword and Shadow Public Beta

Ok so I am an idiot...my phone decided to reply with twitter instead of TA. Anyhow, this is my first post on TA so all this is a little new :)

Device: Iphone 3GS
    Twitter: @jwerner18
    Exp: I have tested WoW for the Burning Crusade expansion but that is all as far as testing experience.

Random Comment: Constipated people don't give a crap...

4. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    #24 jxjja, Nov 19, 2010
    Following you on twitter!

Device Type: iPod Touch 2G OS 4.1
    Twitter ID: @javier9513
    Beta Testing Experience: Touch The Beat, Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Queen's Crown, Guerilla Bob, Running With Scissors: Pre-Season, Heavy Gunner 3D, Slice It!, Inotia 2: A Wanderer of Luone, The World of Magic, Chronicles of Inotia: Legend of Feanor, Jim & Frank Mysteries: The Blood River Files, Empty City 3D, Pro Zombie Soccer, Stunt Squirrels, Zombie City and Action Cat 3D.

Hope I get in! :D

Oh and btw, when are the "winners" going to be announced?

5. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    #25 Balu`, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    Oh my God, what an opportunity.

Device: iPod Touch 3rd generation (32GB) with 4.1

Twitter: @Balu__

Beta experience: I've tested over 20 games now I think. This includes testing Sentinel 3: Homeworld, League of Epic Heroes, Space Balls, Astro Dodge, Mirror Maze, iBumpy Galaxy, Pig Shot, few com2us games such as Slice it!, TTB and Queen's Crown, a lot more I forgot, and finally my favourite tested game, Rimelands: Hammer of Thor.

- EDIT -

Blah, after seeing other people write lots here, I realised that not doing that would quite a bit lower my odds. So meh, I've been following Aralon for quite a long time and I was as excited when I saw this thread as a... I don't know, monkey in a banana plantation. This is pretty much most most anticipated game right now, and getting a chance at testing it would be obviously great for my selfish reason of wanting to play it earlier, but I have quite much beta experience and believe that I could help spotting the bugs and so on. I really hope I'll get in, but also good luck to others. :>

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Followed!!! @WunDaii
    Device Type: iPhone 4 16GB iOS 4.1; iPad 16GB WiFi
    Twitter ID: WunDaii
    BETA Testing Experience: ARBasketball, Wordsearch Rush, Minigore, Hockey Nations 2010, Bonecruncher Soccer, Revolt, and loads more I can't remember off the top of my head. :).

Thanks a lot for this opportunity guys! I hope I get in. :D.

7. fabiovaldo

fabiovaldo New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    device type: iphone 4 & ipad
    twitter id: @fabiovaldo
    beta testing experience: Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Flud (iPhone version)

8. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    #28 doodlejumper, Nov 19, 2010
    If I'm testing Gears, a Crescent Moon game, does that mean I'm already a CM tester and won't have to do this signup? (I'll put my info here anyway.)

Device Type: iPod Touch 2G

Twitter ID: doodlejumper168

Beta Testing Experience: Superfall, Agents, Monorace, Wispin, People Bucket, Red Nova, Fumes Stunt Racer, Ninja Penguin Rampage, Dino Rush, Gears, Tilt To Live, FluOrama, Floop, TimeGeeks, Crazy Test, Never-Ending Defending, Kung Fu Challenge

Thanks!

Funny comment: [​IMG]

After all, isn't a picture worth a thousand words? ;)

9. Corvec

Corvec New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I was already following you :p

Device: iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.0.1
    Twitter: @CorvecTKump
    Experience: Nothing on the iPhone. PC Software such as LotRO, Firefox 4, Office 2010. The most feedback I've given for a beta test was not actually software, it was a LARP (testing the rules for the 9th edition of NERO).

10. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    #30 iphoneprogrammer, Nov 19, 2010
    Twitter ID's:

@ifoneprogrammer
    @apptappper

Device Info:

iPod Touch 4th gen
    iOS 4.1
    Jailbroken.

Previous Beta Experience:

Agents!*

Air Hockey Arcade

Giant Moto

Pocket Creatures

Generals

Home Run Battle 3D

S.H.R.E.D

Age of Tribes

Underworlds

Gun Dissasembly

Yslandia

Sonic Slugs

Shrapnel

Soccer Stealer's

Leave Devil Alone

Victory Day

Astro Dodge

Detonation

Space Balls

Monorace

Xenome: Episode 1

Etolis: Arena* (Reviewer/Beta Tester)

Max Adventure*

Dr. NanoX

Nuguee

Viking Funeral

Drift Mania Championship (Reviewer/Beta Tester)

Alien Space (Reviewer/Beta Tester)

All apps with an Asterisk (*) are currently in production.

11. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #31 RaptorF35, Nov 19, 2010
    iDevice: 2nd Gen. iTouch
    IOS:4.1
    Twitter:RaptorF22F35(I've already been following you)
    Beta Experience: None unfortunately :((but since this would be my first game I'll put extra work into it to make it a memorable one :D)

Btw, I have a huge amount of freetime.

12. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #32 Pacificsun0481, Nov 19, 2010
    Alright!

I decided to follow you on Twitter....just for this.

I'll be frank, I have never been a beta tester...but ya gotta start somewhere, right? Can't let any bugs (could they live in Aralon?) creep out of the game and move into the beds of consumers, everywhere!

Also:

I would love to pillage the land of Aralon, all while skipping alongside the company of Feskers....squashing nasty bugs and making sure our hero runs properly along the way.

I'm on twitter, same bat name and same bat channel, as my name here:

@Pacificsun0481.

I have a 32 GB wifi iPad, running iOS 4.2 golden Master.

I also have tons, and tons of Free time until January (except Dec. 8, State exam date)...hey, that rhymes :)

Anyhow, pick me and I'll um...find an attempt to knit for you, a commerative beanie honoring the first commercial in which the Planters peanut, recently found a voice.

13. broeken

broeken Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    #33 broeken, Nov 19, 2010
    Twitter: joef_maidenfan

iPod 3rd Gen (4.1), iPad (3.22)

Beta experience: WoW, WoW Burning Crusade, Dark Age of Camelot, WarHammer, EQ2, LotR Online, Victory Day

Thanks for any consideration!

14. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    I think they mean iOS beta testing but I could be mistaken.

15. CoagulatedSpam

CoagulatedSpam Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I use an iPhone 4. My Twitter ID is @gregorytoddsmit. I have no beta testing experience - however... I am a streamline automation programmer for an outdoor advertising company, I program using JavaScript, and live by the principles of Ockham's Razor. Most of what I do at my dayjob has to do with finding the shortest path between point A and point B. Typically I bend space and time so the two collide. Though, I don't have betatesting experience, I am very capable at two things - getting the glitches out an killing sh!t.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Twitter: @awp69

I'd love to beta test this, but does it require you to be able to join a group via iTunes? I have an issue where I can't sync my iPod Touch and therefore can't get to any of the screens in the iTunes software (I've just been downloading things on my Touch directly).

Anyway, I have an iPod Touch 2G 8 GB.

I haven't beta tested anything on the iOS, but have beta tested games on the Xbox 360 and PS3 (Halo Reach, Resistance 2).

17. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK

When is the latest we will know by?

18. ipadlips

ipadlips Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    iOS Developer
    New Zeland
    #38 ipadlips, Nov 19, 2010
    Device Type: iphone 4 (iOS 4.1), iphone 3gs (iOS 4.1), iphone 3G (iOS 4.1), ipod touch 1G (iOS 3.3.1)
    Twitter ID: @idoreview4u (already following)
    Experience:platformer, Bug Wars,Mummy's Treasure, iRequiem, League of Epic Heroes, Bug Heroes, 4 Color Spectrum Runner, Furious Tactical,Wispin, Gravity Shift, Pentagon Defense, Spires, Swivel, Forgotten Memories,E.G Chess, Touch The Beat, TXT Fighter, Ready Action!, Pirates vs. Ninjas vs. Zombies Vs. Pandas, Toy Balls,Hotel Dash, Etolis: Arena Run, Like Hell,Ninja Penguin Rampage,Airbone Troopers, Queen's Crown, Mani Golf, Save Toshi,FluOrama, Sentinel 3: Homeworld, Revolt, Epic War 3, Fumes Stunt Racer, Baseball Super Stars 2011, Catapult Madness, Last Minute Hero, PondHopper,Humail, iBeach, Blue Hole, Blind World, TimeGeeks, Red Nova, Dino Rush, Zenonia 2, Pocket Creatures, PondHopper, Xenome, 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011, Deadly Dungeon, Dr Nanox, Assault Commando, Yogo The Turtle, Victory Day, Gravity Runner,iShadow Strike, Speedy Pigs, Yslandia MMORPG & AirRaid.

I've been really waiting for this moment to come :D it has been a long time but worth the wait, i'd say I waited that long since the second world war til now ^_^, keep the good work JoshCM, l

By the way @joshcm, any news about the retina display update of Rimelands, I've been waiting for it weeks ago, i had to play it on my 3gs but i would rly enjoy on HD display.

19. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Twitter: @Osmiral

Device: iPhone 4 (running 4.1)

Beta Testing experience: Xenome: Episode 1, Mission Europa, iBumpy Galaxy, and some other one I forgot, it had the same gameplay as implode.

I'd love to beta test this game, I've been looking forward to it's release ever since it was first announced.

20. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Seconded. Also, I edited my post. :)