GameClub Aralon: Sword and Shadow (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Holy sh** you guys are on the grind! Sit back and watch the good ole bank account rise today :p

I can't wait to get my hands on this!!!!!! :eek:

2. ziotoo4

ziotoo4 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Exactly my impression. It has an expansive world, decent story, decent graphics and usable controls. Howewer, it definitely lacks the "wow" factor-be it innovation or polish.

Howewer, i've just played 45 minutes so far, so take my impressions with a grain of salt. It's still one of the biggest efforts on the appstore-but while ravensword last year was the game, this is just one of the many releases we'll be getting today.

Still one not to miss, though: just because it doesn't live up my hype does not mean it's one of the best games on the platform :)

3. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I agree there. If your an rpg fan and you own an iOS device, then it's a must have. This is kinda the same situation as IB though, with so many releases in one day, it's gonna be overshadowed. I personally cant wait to build some goo towers, and race 15 other people online, and do some unexpected tomb raiding

4. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    is the update for it to work smoothly on 2nd gen devices? i mean i have an iphone 4 but would rather not use it to play games on it since the battery will lose charge over time like my old iphone did i rather use my second gen touch

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I feel in the air the smell of a price drop...not joking!
    I will wait...

6. CyberData4

CyberData4 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    To anyone that's played this game: How is the framerate? I really want to get this game but I have serious reservations about the framerate staying solid during gameplay.

I have an iPhone 4

7. catapult37

catapult37 Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Wow, I was literally about to post this.

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    To login and see this. I can't WAIT for my last final to be over today. Just in time for U.S. release. :D

9. Paradiso

I have an iPad and I've noticed a few choppy areas, it doesn't ruin the experience though.

What I don't like are the load times when you go into buildings, that takes me outta the zone kind of.

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Please please tell me is this worlds apart from Ravensword? I was one of the first to buy Ravensword and didn't care for the lack of content in that game, and the general focus. I know "Read the app info for crying out loud!", but I need to be coddled and reassured that this is a more in-depth experience. I do love action RPGs and mage classes in general so I'm really hoping this lives up to the hype before I lay down my purchase.

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    It should be the smoothest on iPhone 4 of all devices.

12. Paradiso

Think ravensword, only bigger. There's a focus on a storyline, but side quests and other stuff to do.

As far as how in depth it is, there's a skill tree, class specific equipment, crafting, fishing, hunting.

If you liked ravensword at all, you won't be disappointed with this.

13. Paradiso

It does run nicely on an iPad, don't get me wrong. Just the usually hitches once in a while that you'd expect from a game like this.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Nothing can live up to the kind of hype Aralon has gathered -- heck it could be the next Dragon Age and some folks would still think it was disappointing.

That said, the game is very different from Ravensword. For anyone looking for an actual RPG, it's much, much better.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The only thing that this game shares with Ravensword are superficial similarities -- it's a fantasy setting, it's 3D. Aralon is not Ravensword, only bigger: it's in a different order entirely.

16. Paradiso

"From what I've played so far" I guess should go after everything I say.

It reminds me of ravensword, but I haven't really given it too much time yet. You can tell right away that it is more in depth than ravensword though. It's an actual rpg. If you know what the game is before you buy it, you won't regret it.

17. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Good luck. Check the very first post, this IS the sale price. I think you have a long wait ahead of you.

18. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Could someone please confirm that there is a first-person viewpoint option as there was in Ravensword?
    Thanks!

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'd like to know this as well (didn't think it worked at all on 2nd Gen iPod Touches now).

20. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

So is combat basically the same as Ravensword or has it been tightened up? It felt like a button masher so hopefully there's more depth here.