GameClub Aralon: Sword and Shadow (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Seems like any quest where you choose an item as a reward is unplayable.
    At least on iPad 4 with newest version of iOS.

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    This game is running without any issues on my iPad Mini Retina with iOS 7.1.2. I've force installed it to bypass compatibility checks.

3. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Having the same problem…hoping that they're aware of it and working on a fix

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Anyone on older iOS, it seems we can still download the older "non-HD" version still. Might try forcing the latest version onto iOS 7, but I feel better knowing Apple makes it possible to at least download the last compatible version. Now, why the iOS 8 restriction, I wonder??

5. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    For the lulz, I guess. :D

6. AL3X83

AL3X83 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #3026 AL3X83, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    They just did the same thing to Ravensword 2. I have over 200 apps in my collection 15 updates in past week to support ios8, NONE of those devs dropped support for ios7 and all of those games or apps still work on ios7, this is the only company doing this that I have seen so far.

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well. At least they're continuing support. There must be something about iOS 8 that won't allow the same version of their game to run on iOS 7 and below. At least we can still download older versions.

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    just updated it again - fixed some bugs that came up in completing / accepting quests with the new iOS update.

9. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Thanks JoshCM,ARALON remain Now my favourite RPG on App Store,and The update for iPhone 6 plus has been for me a good surprise for The fact that wasn't update for iPhone 5..

10. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    Any chance of it being made iOS 7 compatable as well for the 4 inch screens, or is that never going to happen? Some of us are not moving to iOS 8 right now.

11. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Previous update it's for iPhone 5/5s 4 inch screen,since iPhone 6/6 plus games need to be previously update for iPhone 5/5s in order to not have black bars for 16:9 devices..the question is:why ask iOS 8 for a game so old?Apple change API on iOS 8,it's more complicated as it seems..

12. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    For some reason I don't see a cloud storage option on my iPad but I do on my iPhone. Is this feature supported on the iPad?

13. patch732

patch732 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    U.S.
    I noticed the same thing. I remember seeing the cloud save when I played thins on my iPhone last year. My son just got his iPad for Christmas so I put Aralon on there. No cloud save option.

Also, any suggestions for a game similar to Aralon that can do local multiplayer? Would like to be able to play in the same world with my kids.

14. abstractcolors215

abstractcolors215 Active Member

Sep 12, 2013
    USA
    This was one of my favorite games on the AppStore! :)

15. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Is it just me or are the controls ridiculously high & there is no ability to customize them. Did I miss the ability to custom place the controls? On my iPad they are in a very odd spot for my liking.

16. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    It seems like the cloud save option was removed. Maybe they'll bring iCloud saving to this old game someday. I was happily surprised to see them update it for iOS 8 and iPhone 6.

Order & Chaos Online might be fun to play with a kid. It's essentially World of Warcraft in your pocket.:D

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    So. Since the reload has me considering installing this again, what is the easiest most broken character / class / race combo to get me through the game quickly and godlike?

18. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Ive played through this game several times, but if you want badass slaying with cool weapons early on, Paladin should steer you right buddy, im also playing again right now and just entered callenheim and man playing on the air 2, this does not feel dated at all! The shadows lighting and particle effects added have mad a massive difference to the games immersion and it was epic anyway ✌#️

19. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Don't do that. I played Aralon with a warrior first and it was really easy. I basically just mashed the button all the time, but the gameplay became really bland as well. I decided on restarting the game with a Ranger. It's the most fun class to play in my opinion.

PS: that's a completely wrong mentality when going into an RPG game. RPGs are meant to be played for days and immerse you into it's world.

20. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Sadly this game is unplayable on ipad air with ios 8.2. The position of the movement stick and all other buttons are in the middle of the screen. No option to change the hud.