GameClub Aralon: Sword and Shadow (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. abstractcolors215

abstractcolors215 Active Member

Sep 12, 2013
    USA
    I'm a level 47 paladin and you know, each time you level up, you have skill points to spend. so, thruout those 47 levels ive spent my skill points until each of my spells has been leveled up all they can be, since Theres a limit to how much you can upgrade your spells.

2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    is this game any good?

I've had it in my purchased list for months it seems (think I bought it in a sale but didn't play it)

I've just downloaded it again (desperate for something new to play and no money :)) I played it for like 3-4 mins but the controls seem awful?

3. abstractcolors215

abstractcolors215 Active Member

Sep 12, 2013
    USA
    #3003 abstractcolors215, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    This game is pretty good as long as you keep in mind its a 2009/2010 game. so by 2009/2010 standards, it IS a good game! the voice acting is really good & the landscape of the areas are really nice. You get different mounts which are fun to try them all out! I'm just now ready to finish the game for the first time. Keep at it, i got used to the controls, once you do, you'll enjoy it! :)

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Update!!! I was gonna check it out, but it's ios8 only, so I'm gonna have to wait til I update my os before I can play again.... But I thought you guys would like to know. =oP

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm downloading this again. Not often i'll replay an RPG like this but its a great game and its been a while since i completed it

I remember 'cheating' a bit by grinding tons at one of the caves with the orcs is it ? Used to go in/out for ages killing the orcs (or might have been trolls) to level up a few times.

By the time i've finished this hopefully the sequel will be out, this is an iOS classic though

6. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!
    Version:5.0
    What new?
    New update with an enhanced experience for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Improved lighting and shadow effects for all iOS 8 compatible devices.
    Edit:better now than never,it's 2 years that await an update for my iPhone 5,so,now I can re-enjoy this RPG Masterpiece again in iPhone 5,and next week on my new iPhone 6 Plus,good,waiting for ARALON 2..

7. dylanfan007

dylanfan007 Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2014
    Please if you can post the pics of the updated version,I'll be in your debt.:eek:

8. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    There is now a bug preventing me from completing quests, using Retina iPad Mini

9. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #3009 oldsnake, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    Hey,i only redownloaded cause it wasn't updated for iPhone 5,but i'm play another game,i only open The game,you know,after iOS 8 update,i open every games that was abandoned from The devs,or pulled from The store,and,Lucky,no One of them had problem with iOS 8,for pics of Aralon,what you're device?i can only say that it's better in graphics,on iPhone 5,all The 3 grapchics setting are different now,first of The update i was:very high-high-high-Now Are: very high-medium-medium,so,i think The MAX grapchics are for iPhone 5s or esclusive of iPhone 6,6 plus..but you can change them at MAX,i love game that give The users grapchic setting,and it's up to you,you wsnt better grapchic?do it,but The framerate drop,but,it's up to you..Take in mind that this game have some years,don't expect awesome grapchic,but it's One of The best RPG on App Store..

10. dylanfan007

Sep 3, 2014
    Thanks for the reply mate,I really appreciate it.:)

11. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

Way to leave iOS 7 users out in the cold with the new update!

12. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    It was quite the buzzkill seeing this new update, but not being able to play it... it looks like iOS 7 users are S.O.L.

13. Locanis

Locanis Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    U.S.A.
    #3013 Locanis, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Please make this app iOS 7 compatable so we on iOS 7 can play it in widescreen. The entire cycle of iOS 7 I had patiently waited and hoped for widescreen support.. Now it is updated, but I still cannot experience widescreen without iOS 8? That just seems unfair :/

I am a jailbreak enthusiast, and until iOS 8 is jail breakable I do not wish to "upgrade". I buy every last one of my games, including this one, but felt the need to state as much before the usual "jailbreak = pirate" arguement could be brought up. Why should I be forced to update and lose my ability to keep my device how I wish, when the entire iOS 7 cycle the lack of widescreen was ignored entirely?

Once again, it would be nice if this was rectified and iOS 7 users were not left out in the cold.

14. dylanfan007

Sep 3, 2014
    It hasn't been updated for metal there's no reason why it shouldn't worknwith ios7,Maybe the devs are working on new games and haven't got around to updating th egame.

15. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #3015 oldsnake, Sep 28, 2014
    Yep,but I can understand users that don't want or can't update to iOS 8,that are on iOS 7,I was in same situation,I buy iPhone 5,and from iPhone 5 day one ARALON have never receive a widescreen update in 2 years,they jump from iPhone 4s to iPhone 6,6 plus update,asking iOS 8,and the reason why they ask iOS 8 it's simple:they work on ARALON 2,and another game,they release a quick update testing only on iOS 8 instead of losing time tested on different OS..but I understand all the TA USERS with iOS 7,cause we wait soo long for this update.
    @Josh: there a way to update ARALON again require iOS 7? I'm on iOS 8,but since last update was for iPhone 4s..

16. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #3016 Nekku, Sep 28, 2014
    Make it available for iOS7!
    I've updated my iPad to iOS8 a week ago but then realised that many great games in my library aren't working anymore cuz Apple decided to heavily modify API functions or completely removed some of them out of nowhere. I don't want to miss out on them yet.
    I really ask myself what Apple was thinking by doing that. I mean, adding support for a completely new engine is one thing, but modifying an already existing one is another thing. Most of the functions act still the same but they just modified the syntax to execute them and that's the reason why many games arent working anymore.
    I've downgraded back to iOS 7.1.2 one day before it wasn't signed anymore so that's the story so far.
    Hell, even Audiobus suggested to downgrade my device as long as it is possible due to that reason after the last update.

17. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    @Nekku,I open a thread the day iOS 8 was launched as I do the same one year before on iOS 7..the hope,it's in this thread,report great games that doesn't work anymore if listed,we can put the problem in the hands of the developers,sending crash logs,report,I start to test every game on iOS 8,and fortunately,for now,every of them work fine,like HORN,HOTDOTLR(Pulled by still on my device)and lot more..tomorrow I start to test all Rockstar games Apps..

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=242819

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Thanks for the effort oldsnake. There was a similar thread like yours where I've posted that Mission Europa (which has been pulled too) wasnt working anymore in iOS8. I still have some more apps (not games only) which arent working anymore.

I just want to play the Aralon Update in iOS7 :(

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm in the same position. I jailbreak mainly to use iCleaner often and have file/root access. Hope this gets fixed for iOS 7 again. I was going to replay it before the second is released.

20. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    iPhone 6 / 6 Plus iOS 8 Update Support Gameplay: