Aralon: Sword and Shadow 3D RPG (Published by Crescent Moon) - Releasing on 16/Dec

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by galoobethgames, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galoobethgames

galoobethgames Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Thanks to all who applied for the beta! We have filled up the initial slots but there may be some more slots opening up in the next phase of beta. We sincerely thank everyone for your interest in Aralon.

I am working on getting the beta build finalized now. It should be ready in the next day or two.

2. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Awww:( Oh well, hope I get in next time. And I hope that all you who got in have a great time beta testing it:)

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

4. galoobethgames

Mar 5, 2010
    Beta phase 1 has begun! My apologies that it took a little longer than I expected. If you are in the beta and didn't receive the email, please let me know.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I'm assuming that you want us to keep quiet about the beta. Should we set up a private group to discuss?

6. lolymoli

lolymoli Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    :( I was too late...
    By the way, that archer on the spider web screenshot is pure genius imo.
    Good luck on the game, hope it turns out great!

7. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I want a group galoobeth games!!

8. galoobethgames

Mar 5, 2010
    Ok I created an Aralon beta group for discussion!

9. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    will definitely watch this thread now
    for the next beta phase

10. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    The game is amazing... think free-roaming game where you can level up then wreak havoc and do whatever you wish, or follow the storyline and actually do what you're supposed to do.

A little tidbit of information that I'll reveal (though I do believe Jason, otherwise known as galoobethgames on these forums, has already told you guys somewhere in this thread) - you can kill EVERYTHING. Yes, even the NPCs. Yes, even :)eek:) THE KING! This is definitely a game you need to watch out for. Lots of different enemies and NPCs, an actually GOOD and comprehensible storyline, and oh, did I mention you can do whatever you WANT in this game? Maybe, I dunno. But yeah, there's stuff in this game you'll be going WOW over, and stuff that hasn't happened yet in any RPG on the platform.

RPG fans, you'll like this one. Has everything a standard RPG needs.

Action fans, you'll like this one too.

That's all the hype that I'll give this game... no more specifics.

However, people are welcome to ask general questions!

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Just to be clear: the developer still has a lot of work to do in the game. But even as is right now, it's the most ambitious Western RPG title on the platform. In a way, it's what people wanted out of Ravensword but didn't really get: an open world, 3D, fully-featured, true RPG game. (It's not a pretty as Ravensword, mind you, but it's miles ahead of Crusade of Destiny.)

12. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Yeah, there is still things to be done, but even in the beta stage it's really extremely impressive.

It's Ravensword combined with GTA. A bit of an unorthodox expression/combination, but it should give you an idea of what you can do in the game.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask!

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    No argument there. I just don't want people to think that this is coming out tomorrow, or something.

14. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I am also enjoying this game. The character is customizable, the weapons are diverse, the graphics are breath taking and the gameplay is superb. This RPG is definately one to watch out for.

You can ask me some questions too :)

15. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Eh, yeah I probably should have said that too. Heh. :eek:

16. galoobethgames

Mar 5, 2010
    I am getting tons of great feedback from the testers! Thanks again.

I am continuing to add content to the game and polish it based on the results of the beta. The release date is uncertain for now, but we are still expecting to release this spring. I am really looking forward to other people getting to enjoy playing the game as much as I have enjoyed making it.

17. Der-Kleine

I agree with everyone here, this is definetly the best 3D RPG on the iPhone.
    There is so much you can do! :)
    That this is a REAL open world is a big plus, this is something that I haven't seen on most 2D (!!) and 3D RPGs till now.
    The combat is nice, too, I am a mage and I can tell you: This isn't just button smashing. Not atall!

so overall: this will be a great game! :D

18. iCheese

iCheese Member

Apr 9, 2010
    This does sound very promising, just a few things I'm wondering...

1.) You say it's completely open, that you can kill anyone, but is there any sort of reputation feature in the game, where characters will react in different ways to you, say if you'd murdered their neighbour rather than saving the village from an attack. This may be rather complex to implement, but I think it would really add to the gameplay. You could even make it so that if you murder several people, then you become a wanted criminal, possibly sent to prison or hanged.

2.) Are there side quests etc. as well as the main one, and what sort of quantity of these should I expect. These always add more depth to the game and are a nice feature.

With or without these features, this game certainly looks like one to look out for!

19. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Answered your questions in bold. Hope this helps! :)

20. Der-Kleine

1) If you kill anyone in a town you're an outlaw and the guards will attck you. (This doesen't mean they will instantly kill you, you can play the game as an outlaw I think...)

2) Yep, there are side quests, and quite abit of them! :D

Edit: damn, I was too late! :(