Aralon: Sword and Shadow 3D RPG (Published by Crescent Moon) - Releasing on 16/Dec

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by galoobethgames, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galoobethgames

galoobethgames Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Just to clarify, we are not high school students. We were just friends from high school, but that was 15 years ago. Now we are just two "grown-ups" with a passion for making games, preferably RPG's.

Thank you all for the feedback. We welcome all comments and suggestions :)

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Oh, I misread the first post. But still, for a weekend project, this is really impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes along.

3. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    So what's the tentative release date for this and what will be the launch price?
    I understand if you're still hammering out what the ideal price point would be.

4. Samjabr

Samjabr Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Some answers

This is Sam Jabr,

Thanks for all your comments and questions.

iBall, we are not certain on our pricing yet. But as Jason has already mentioned it will be a one-time charge. We will not be charging any sort of other monthly fee. We have not decided exactly what the game will cost but it will be priced quite appropriately for the genre and we will of course look to similar games on the app store to help us determine what is fair.

We are shooting for April as our release date but please understand Iam in school and Jason has a full time job. We both are married and have 3 kids between the two of us. We have to focus our priorities on our families and then doing our best to get the game done on time. But we feel very comfortable with our April goal.

We are very excited to have people play our game, we just want people to enjoy playing it like we enjoyed making it.

5. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    Oh, so this is a single player game like Ravensword.. Damn, I'd so want this to be online.

6. hiptanaka

hiptanaka Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    looks awesome... looking forward to this one.

7. Samjabr

Samjabr Member

Mar 6, 2010
    We wanted to focus on a great single player experience. For the future, who knows...

8. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Don't worry about the spoiled kids with their whining about how they wish everything was more "World-of-Warcrafty".
    I'll take an excellent single-player 3D FPS RPG over online junk any day.
    Why, in my day the only 3D FPS RPG we had was running on a Commodore Vic-20!

9. Lsatblu

Lsatblu Active Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Game looks amazing. I can't wait to get that flying mount. Are there going to be more textures added to the game before release? It looks like maybe they weren't added yet from the video bc the colors are so smooth.

10. galoobethgames

Mar 5, 2010
    The textures are not showing up in their full resolution in the trailer. I think it may be due to the video recording software I am using. I will try to get some full resolution screenshots posted soon. Rest assured the texture quality is higher in the actual game than in the video.

I do hope you can get a good idea of the gameplay from the trailer . . .

11. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    This looks interesting and fun. Just hope it has a good control scheme. I'm looking forward to seeing the actual texture in screenshots. Also, as someone else asked I'm just wondering if you can choose to be a girl since I didn't see a gender slot in the trailer?

12. Lsatblu

Lsatblu Active Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Can't wait. :]

13. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    This game looks like a great hybrid between Ravensword: The Fallen King and Crusade of Destiny, two games which I really enjoy. Can't wait! It looks like it'll have the action of Ravensword, the gameplay of Crusade of Destiny, along with an actual depth to the combat with magic.

14. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

...and the graphics are somewhere between both! :)

15. galoobethgames

Mar 5, 2010
    Added some full resolution screenshots to the first post on the thread. Check them out!

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

except for the lava they look great! :)

17. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    wow you got a dragon in your game
    since gothic 1/2 i love dragons and also since the oblivion dragon mod

18. galoobethgames

Mar 5, 2010
    We are still working to get the female models into the game, but we do plan to have them in for release. We are trying to give players lots of freedom to create the character that they want to play!

19. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    In that case, also throw in trolls, hobbits, dwarves, elves, and talking robots.
    Trust me, with the way most of the forum users in here complain about things, if you don't have a talking robot in the game someone is going to whine about it.

20. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Lol, yeah, you can never satisfy everyone. Try to do what you can, but in the end, only add what you want. Don't let other people change your game. Besides, this game looks great anyway. Even with only one race, this game seems a ton deeper than Ravensword (which I liked quite a bit)