Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    you guys should leave aralon the way it is now and implement EVERYTHING in this thread into aralon 2...can you imagine how ****ing epic that game would be?

2. Rage1776

Rage1776 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    What a great idea, don't fix the game people paid for. Create another one with all the fixes. That will please their fanbase. /facepalm

I'd be happy with iPad menu fixes. Other than a few things mentioned in this thread, this would kick this from a 3 star to a five star.

3. minor glitch: when talking to someone, when they say Hi, their subtitles vanish immediately.

4. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I'd be completely happy with this game if they address the following:

-iPad menu and loading screens
    -crashing bugs when you enter/exit areas
    -targeting system
    -adding an easier to use map
    -making the camera zoom out over the shoulder instead of go over head
    -more efficient looting screen

Other than that stuff this game is easily the most fun iOS game for me. Only a few others have actually drawn me in, and gave me that desire to really keep playing.

Like I said before though, I'd rather have the game how it is now, mostly playable, than still be waiting till after christmas to play it.

5. SuperiRepSypha

Dec 17, 2010
    no thanks

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Probably has been said.

- A way to toggle through the options without needing to exit the game to do so. ;)

7. editbeats

editbeats New Member

Apr 16, 2009
    First off..... amazing job of the game. I have been looking forward to it all year and as a huge fan of open world RPG's, you guys delivered. Hats off.

My suggestion is , I think it'd be great if there was a way for any type of class to equip any piece of equipment. Dungeon Hunter and the Fallout / Oblivion series did this very well by implementing stat requirements to wield specific kinds of weapons and armor. I think this would also make stat leveling a little more interesting. Right now I have a rogue and I am dumping every point into agility but it'd make things more interesting if I had to distribute points into strength in order to wield a specific kind of sword.

8. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Here is a solution for everyone's button issues!

Here is a solution to everyones button problems!!!

Have 1 or 2 context sensitive buttons that change actions depending on whom your are facing/whatever else you may be doing.

9. pantoneblack

pantoneblack Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Status Icons

this may have been mentioned, i've read through the forums a bit but some of them are crazy long (which is a good thing since that means people a buying your awesome game)
    Anyway, I have a small icon under my health, mana, exp bar and i have no idea what it is, if there was a status section or something to tell me what it is that would be crazy helpful. It kinda looks like the thigh cut icon. but don't know why i would have the icon showing up on my character.

10. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

The only ones I've seen are thigh cut, poison, and tangled.

11. pantoneblack

pantoneblack Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    but why is that showing up on me? i figured out that it is showing the last skill i used, but it's kinda confusing.
    Also, my character goes bald when he enters stealth. kinda funny.

12. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Mine loses her entire head... :)

13. TigerXtreme69

TigerXtreme69 Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Annoying

Does anyone else fall off their horse like it's their job? It is waaay too sensitive to what you can and can't contact before you fall off.

14. robcaduk

robcaduk Member

Dec 17, 2010
    The re spawning of enemies ruins the immersion for me.

If I've killed something, it should remain dead for a least a few hours.

15. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

I've had a fair bit of success not completely looting the bodies - they don't seem to respawn if you don't loot them. This isn't a 100% solution, or particularly helpful if you are looting everything for cash. I've seen a lot of bears fall out of the sky, maybe they just have weird weather in Aralon...

One other tiny, minor thing - the help tip that tells you that you only have 5 quick slots to view at a time - this only applies to the iPod/iPhone version, the iPad screen displays all 10 slots at once.

16. Thrax

Thrax New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    A meeting disrupted

Could you please fix the quest „A meeting disrupted“? When I’m playing as my rogue it freezes every time after the bad guys stop talking. I feel like I can’t continue playing this 'till this is fixed. Who knows what else could be bugged…

17. corporal29

corporal29 Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Student, writer
    #157 corporal29, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
    Here are my suggestions. I know they've already been mentioned, but you did ask for feedback! They are not in any particular order, and I think that it's more like a compilation list of suggestions on this thread.

1) some sort of compass or minimap
    2) a playable first-person view (the current option is a bit tricky in combat)
    3) being able to cycle through in-range targets, or something
    4) sidestep or strafing
    5) lockable y-axis on camera control?
    6) adjustable music volume
    7) access options without quitting
    8) sell-all feature
    9) enemy respawns slower and not on loading a save game
    10) dim used dialogue options
    11) have spells present castability displayed
    12) some sort of fog to mask draw-distance defficiencies?

Having said all that, this game shows extraordinary devotion to the premise and a healthy dose of ambition, not to mention promise. Thanks guys for actively seeking our input, and well-done on producing a title with the potential to redefine gaming on the platform!

18. seo25

seo25 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    #158 seo25, Dec 18, 2010
    I don't know if it's mentioned but I've finished the game and i love it! Although i thought the main story was very short, and just as it got exciting it ended, but it ws still good :)

There were however things I've had issues with from the simple to the extremely annoying! ( I'm not sure if they've been mentioned)

-THE DRAKE!! : when I got the drake egg it was great, but every incline in the game would cause me to get knocked off. I ended up using the horse at the end of the game because it was soo frustrated.

- the mountain pass: this was more of a glitch with the water in the completely wasted area ( no snow) where you could walk through the water, instead of swimming through it.

-the keep in the western kingdom: there is a keep in the western kingdom that is a part of the main story ( I can't remember the name and I don't want to spoil anything). but if you stray from the path just outside of the keep you will fall through the ground to the ocean, it's not a major issue, because I didn't do it again but it just makes the quality of the game just that bit better

-the story- my opinion the story was great, but there are several plot holes which could have increased the suspense and the time to finish the main story. Things like: how the main Baddie actually came to aralon (if these who have followed the main story catch my drift), how the dragons came to play a part in the story, or why the drakes all but extinct? It would be cool ispf they were expansions ( kind like oblivion, I guess) even about thing that rant important like maybe the orcs plan to attack callahiem or the king gets kidnapped. Doesn't need to be a part of the main story, but it keeps the world fresh. Cause let's face it; peace never lasts :p
    it would generate more funds for yourself and it would give more experience to the game :)

- other: well there are heaps of great things in this game but its the small thing that would complete it:

- trees: it would be great to be able to cut down trees for fires. i had like 20 fish and i coudnt find where i couldnt find a fire! i eventualy found one in a camp between the western badlands, and the northern forest it would be great to make a fire whenever you need to.

- tent!: another great feature to go with the campfire would be a tent! where you can only use it if all the monsters in the area are dead, only to be used at night - i guess like a camp; it heals you and it takes you to morning. its not nessesary, because you automatically heal over time - just a nice feature if your training around the area, or if you find ingrediants for potions to use on the workbentch in the tent - there are heaps you could use with it. Maybe you can upgrade by buying them, like the more expensive the bigger and the more features inside of it.

although there is alot here its still only small details that could increase the value and the gameplay of the game - im just throwing ideas onto the table - there are probably more thing, but i havnt done all the side quests yet haha - definatley a great game!! :D

19. C4PTAIN

C4PTAIN Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    where can you find yuma seeds?

20. kcmcroxton

kcmcroxton Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2010
    #160 kcmcroxton, Dec 18, 2010
    here are a couple suggestions i have, may be repeats of others but o well.

1. Fog should be used to hide the ugly draw distance slide in the terrain has, for such a beautiful game its disappointing to see such an ugly downside.

2. Shadows as well as the targeting circle under targets can be seen through pretty much anything, you figured out a way to hide the light shines (mostly) and now shadows and targeting circles need to be fixed.

3. better pathing for followers, if i ride my mount and go far they will never get back to me, most likely because they are running into a wall or sumthing forever. also they should move out of your way when you move towards them so you dont get stuck.

4. and finally, please remove the get knocked off mount feature. it doesnt add anything to the game, its far from realistic i can go towards a slight slope and itll knock me off. were also playing on a not very accurate touch screen, so its very annoying to keep getting knocked off because i run into things due to controls that will never be very accurate. i think its a feature that needs to be removed altogether. im sure it causes alot of frustration.

5. i almost forgot this, but swimming is pretty frustrating as well. you cant swim up and down while moving forward, and when i try to surface it keeps pushing me back under over and over. i have to carefully keep tapping the up arrow and surface just right or back under i go! please make some swimming improvements, also would be nice to add more ways to get out of water ive found myself falling into water and having to swim for a long time to find a way out. more steps, ladders, something to get out the water would be nice in any area that has water.

the game is amazing, things just need to be tightened up a bit and take care of these issues ive posted as well as other have if possible. hope the sales are going good!