Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    2 things:

- full camera control. I wanna be able to look up at the sky =P
    - ipod music support.

2. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    +1 to the looking up at the sky.

3. MWHApps

MWHApps Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Could you put all arrows On one slot and keep adding up? Also allow us to link arrows? Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have made a really great game! One more thing... This is more of a bug: after becoming an outlaw and then going and paying that dude in the sewers, I went inside the city and was attacked by everyone again. Please look into it.

Most importantly.... Focus on bugs and don't worry too much about the suggestions! You've been working really hard for us. Thank you! One of the best developers to communicate with his customers. You're great!

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #124 undeadcow, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    Nevermind, good game.

5. tshroom

tshroom Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I agree. If anything it would be acceptable as a quick fix until you can figure out something creative or iPad exclusive.

6. Spagchutney

Spagchutney New Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Great Start

First of all, apart from the Epic Citadel demo, this is the first time I have played a first person rpg on the iPhone that actually felt like it worked really well. I agree with the other posts regarding the camera controls. It seems to not quite do what you would want in any of the modes. I'm not sure if it's to do with the sensitivity of panning, or whether it could do a bit more auto pointing when moving, or maybe its just that i'm not used to it yet, but I frequently find myself looking in a random direction! Also, full freedom to look around would be nice.

This probably divides people, but one of my pet hates in RPGs is excessive re-spawning, and I'm afraid this game does do it a bit too much. I think it's one of the many things that the Elder Scrolls games got about right. To my mind, it is very frustrating to have worked your way through a dungeon, thinking you have cleared it, just to find all of the baddies are back in the same places! Also, they seem to re-spawn if you save just after defeating them and re-load, which is quite annoying, as you have to save to play with setting options.

Overall, though a really playable game, I am looking forward to exploring more.

7. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    What? Look up in the sky? No thanks... seriously what's with you people. There's nothing in the sky...

I think the game is in dire need of some skill resets. Don't know what to do after a level up I always tend to mess up the skills in some way...

8. Arcturus

Arcturus New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    #128 Arcturus, Dec 17, 2010
    I absolutely love the game but I have (more than) a few suggestions. Not sure if any of these suggestions have been raised yet but searching 13 pages (at the time of typing) to find out isn't my ideal way to spend a friday night.

1 - How about fixing the mounts. Many times using mounts is an exercise in patience. Sometimes just running over a slight bump on the road is enough to throw you off. Many times I've been riding happily along only to get thrown for no reason at all, no rocks, no trees, plants, no walls or anything else mount un-friendly. Hitting the edge of a rock, tree or anything else though is enough to throw you off, annoyingly so. The Drake is the worst I've encountered yet, the wolf the easiest to use. It'd be nice to be just redirected or bounce off upon hitting one of the many, many hittable objects whilst mounted. Also the camera angle when flying the dragon to Drake Island is just abominable.

2 - When choosing an item reward for a quest there's no way to look at the values of the item such as damage, stats, armour value or how much gold it's worth. As soon as you touch it you've bought it. Showing the item with its stats once you tap it & then asking for confirmation of your selection before accepting the item would be great.

3 - An option to buy back any items you accidentally sell or decide you want back afterwards would also be damn handy. Buy back IS ALWAYS a good thing.

4 - THIS IS A BIG, BIG, BIG, MASSIVE STINKER OF A GRIPE; Vendors do not replenish their stock!!! WTF?! WTF??!! If you buy something from a vendor at the start of the game they STILL haven't restocked even 30 gameplay hours in. Plants regrow materials quickly, mobs respawn at annoyingly fast rates in dungeons (being even more annoying at lower levels because the respawn clock runs seperately from the game clock meaning dying & reloading can put you back into the aggro range of multiple mobs you narrowly deafeated not long ago & haven't yet recovered from) but vendors don't restock?! AT ALL??? COME ON MAN!! This feature (or lack of it) is just unneccessarily frustrating.

5 - A minus button to undo attribute additions when you've leveled. I've accidentally hit the wrong one a couple of times (admittedly I was drunk but it'd still be a handy thing to have) & only found out afterwards.

6 - Instead of only showing the new stats of a skill AFTER you've put a point into it, it'd be nice to see, for example, when adding an extra point into Fire Blast it'd be nice to see how much damage that extra point will cause BEFORE I add it instead of afterwards.

7 - Looting multiple bodies when you have to fight multiple enemies is just damn frustrating unless you click take all (which just won't work when you have a full inventory) because clicking on individual bodies (when you've just slaughtered 4 orcs at once & they're piled up on top of each other) just doesn't work & only strategic movement of your character seems to highlight lootable bodies. The same thing happens when you kill one enemy & have your fire elemental or follower with you. You have to run around strategically until the bastard you just ganked lights up because your follower becomes highlighted once the mob is killed. Then minons PLUS multiple dead bodies = Nasty, nasty, nasty.

8 - Including HP & Mana values to the potions would be nice. Expecting people to gradually become used to unique nomenclature & remember values added from a particularly named potion just isn't cool man.

9 - MORE ACTION BAR LINK SLOTS. Please give us another row of 5 or at least move the D-Pad up a bit & action buttons on the right up a bit extend the action bar to include more slots. Whatever you do though, PLEASE; MORE SLOTS.

10 - Save slot confirmation is a handy thing. I haven't had any problems yet but people are bound to gripe about losing a particular save because you didn't ask them if they were sure they wanted to save on that previously used slot as there's no system to confirm is someone wants to overwrite an earlier slot.

11 - A BIG ONE HERE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN NUMBER 1 (I forgot it until now); No option to sell stacks or whatever chosen multiple of an item. Got 10 of something? Got 3 x 10 stacks of something? Then get prepared to sell them all individually, 1 AT A TIME. Related to this oversight is the many instances of lootable items that should be stackable instead taking up 1 slot per instance of the item instead of stacking each instance of the item (stacks up to 10 are fine) when there are many instances of similar items being stacked, for example the scales you get from the giant worms in outlands take up 1 slot each. There is no condition exception; you can though collect their meat which DOES stack into neat little 10x piles but not the scales (or poison fangs for that matter).

That's all I can think of for now. Considering the amount of suggestions I've posted here anyone might assume that I don't like the game. On the contrary, I love it. I damn love it & I haven't stopped playing it since release. It's the best iOS game I've played so far (IMHO) & it will (hopefully) herald in a golden age of expansive iOS RPG's (hopefully running on the Unreal Engine although Aralon looks amazing on my 3GS). Considering CM Games/Galoobeth Games released an essential patch ON DAY ONE OF RELEASE when Dungeon Hunter 2, released by Gameloft, the biggest mobile developer on the planet is filled with shameful game breaking bugs & over 1 week later still hasn't been patched, Aralon; Sword & Shadow is a triumph & as I earlier said, hopefully a herald for greater things to come regarding truly expansive RPG's on iOS. The sugestions I highlighted are just the things I have noticed with the game & hopefully ALL of our suggestions together will turn an already epic game into something that transcends the standards it has already set for every RPG loving iOS device owning gamer.
    \m/

9. selidor

selidor Member

Oct 20, 2010
    2D Artist
    UK
    I haven't got far enough to say much about the mechanics yet, but as far as the character creation goes, I'd love to see skin colour as a customisable option.

10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    well we submitted a bugfix update, but it did have some more stuff too, last night. hopefully it goes through quick and we can fix and add even more!

11. Hackmodford

Hackmodford Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Auto close after take all loot.

when equpping items display arrows showing if the current item is better or worse than the one equipped.

Adjust music/sfx/speech levels. The music is too loud and I can't hear what people are saying. Especially in the cutscenes.

Skip the "hello" "hi" intros people make. Or maybe just play them the first time and then after that it goes straight to dialogue.

I love the game :D

12. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah I know what you mean. I seem to be spending most of the time in this game running away from enemies when my health gets too low. At first I thought I could evade them by going into the water but they can swim too!

Another suggestion I have is to make it easier to walk. Currently you have to move the virtual stick a tiny amount to walk, but if you push it any further then your character starts running. It should be up to half way to walk and over half way to run.

13. Binny1223

Binny1223 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Concord NC
    #133 Binny1223, Dec 17, 2010
    Josh,

Here are a couple of things I noticed and Im sure they were mentioned before but here goes:

1. Range Indicator - It can be annoying sometimes to cast a spell all the way and find out you are simply out of range. Maybe the skill will be blacked out until you are within range.

2. More Sound Options - The music is really great, however the voices seem a low even in the cut scenes and the music is very loud. I know there is an option to turn it off but maybe give the option to adjust the settings for voices and music

3. Skill Bar Changes - I know you can link to the skill bar, but is there a way to delete to link or move it around? If not, maybe try to let the skill be moved in a seperate menu without having to replace it with something else

4 Inventory Comparison - I would like to have a comparison on items when I look at the stats. It would be nice to see what the difference would be and if it would be worth even picking up.

5. Selling items in bulk - It would be nice to have the option to sell more than one item. As you may know within the first 10 minutes of the game you can find a ton of wolf pelts. Having to sell them one by one can be tedious.

6. Skill Resets - Having the ability to reset skill points even for a fee would be nice.

7. Stat Corrections - I know I have put a point into the wrong stat before, it would be nice to be able to take it back or confirm before.

Over all, the game is amazing! Keep up the good work, I look forward to future updates!!

14. SuperiRepSypha

Dec 17, 2010
    #134 SuperiRepSypha, Dec 17, 2010
    ^ i second everything that was sed previously
    Couple more minor suggestions

the jump button some1 posted before, or maybe, occastionally i get stucc behind random things, or people . Mayb if you walk into a person long enough you can phase through them

more details for the map like when you go into a town show open up a different map that shows things in the town so im not randomly running around from house to house trying to find the inn , etc.

another issue is the fact that like objects dont stacc, like if i have 20 of the same staves it will take 20 slots ... not cool lol

really enjoy the game cant wait for it to be 100 percent

15. Turkeydipking

Turkeydipking Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Student
    Germany
    My bugs and suggestions :)

Right these are some bugs ive found and suggestions I have to the game, its basically what i posted in the official thread copied and pasted here for reference :)

I can safely say without doubt this is THE best game i have played on an iOS device. However here are my ideas which you could improve:
    (fyi im a level 12 rogue)

-A spelling mistake. When the Tips show during loading, there is a tip for the action bar. It sais botton instead of bottom.
    -I found a bug where I joined a guild and they gave me a mission that had to do with some brew
    I had to kill someone and go to a meeting to eavesdrop on their plans. Upon the last sentence the game froze and when restarded the game would crash. Bug?
    -Now this just happened. I am really really mad and agry. I thought i was on the load menu when i was on the save instead, and I have two games. One i just started couple minutes ago, and one ive played the whole day. Guess what? Accidentaly I pressed my old game to load, and without asking me or anything it oversaved. Great, lost everything :/ This isnt the fault of crescent moon games, its my fault, but honestly add a "are you sure you want to oversave file" thing, because loosing all your progress sucks.
    -multiplayer. Now before you flame up, I dont mean an MMO, I mean 2-3 people doing one epic quest. Hell it can even be bluetooth and not wifi. For example adding a village or menu in which you can always see the other player. Like a "bluetooth town" where you can trade, go to an arena, or accept a team quest with harder monsters and better rewards.
    -Also when you do a quest which gives you a choose reward option, after you click it, the item is given to you. This is kind of a punch in the pants, its hard to decide what item you want just by the way the icon looks. I would suggest having like a looting window, where you click on each item to find the stats and whether you can use it or not, and then accepting one of them.
    -This isnt much of an issue, but my sister made a female character and yet the NPC's greeted her with a "good morning Sire" and stuff like that.
    -Pets :D Mages can summon their elemental, but i think hunters should be able to "pet" some enemies, kind of like in world of warcraft, the pet would level along with them and have talent points.
    -And lastly sometimes it can be annoying with auto targeting, as in if you have a pet following you (the dog on beginning) and he follows you when your attacked, it happened to me that the dog was auto targeted instead of the opponent. Also when I want to collect some sunberry it wouldnt let me target.

These are all the issues ive encountered so far, and a couple of ideas for improvents (theres always place for improvements )
    Once again, congrats on the best iOS game to date (according to me)
    keep it up!

16. Turkeydipking

Turkeydipking Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Student
    Germany
    One last thing that came to mind

Sorry for double post in a short time, but i started up the game and was reminded of something
    -to show the DPS on each weapon.
    Its kind of a pain to see the damage and speed, I think having a little
    DPS: and the amount of damage the weapon does per second, just for all the lazy/bad math players out there :)

17. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Playing as the mage, I find it kind of bothersome that my spells can damage/affect my fire elemental. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

18. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Mounts! They're great fun, but too sensitive. If your riding one up to the edge of a hill or cliff, be prepared to fall. You can't turn fast enough cause they lunge forward as soon as you touch the movement button.

Also, kind of a glitch, if your riding a horse and fall off your usually close enough to get back on, so you can skip the falling and standing animation just by pressing the action button. It'll pop you onto the horse and you start moving without it, then the horse appears under you after about 2 seconds.

19. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    If you play with fixed 3rd person fixed, you can actually move backwards while on the mount instead of turning.

20. Yeah, I got like 5 wolf pelts but no sell all option (even though a few were the same kind)

- Easier to walk
    - Sell All option
    - Don't make enemies spawn so quickly
    - When you reload, the enemies you killed in that area should still be dead...

That's it from me but I haven't been playing that long yet.