Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Please could we have the ability to change stuff from the main menu without having to quit the game first?

And I mentioned it in the other thread, but the first person camera is set at chest height, not eye height.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Another suggestion. Can you please make a button that cycles through targets on your screen. I can't tell you how many god damn times I have attacked NPC's that I am trying to protect/help defend on accident cause I can't tape around them. Bleh. One of the bigger peeves for me.

3. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    here's what i posted in my itunes review:
    =========
    Provide an in game button (in the game screen somewhere, not in the menus) that would allow me to lock the y axis, that way I can set the view to something I like and not have it change whenever I need to turn the camera left or right.

Get rid of the tiny iPhone sized stat/inventory/etc screens, did someone there actually think what you have in there right now was even 'good enough'?

Putting the game away till those two issues are are changed, too annoying with the way things are.

Also, the movement button is too high for me, I should be allowed to move the placement of that control (and probably the action ones as well), like in many of the better games out there.
    ================
    i'm guessing the iphone sized screens are due to lack of time and wanting to get things out the door (aspiring to be EA or something? :)) but i'm assuming they're get fixed sooner than later.

4. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    -Add a circular mini map to the screen with markers in the direction of points of interest. Things like towns, available quests, etc.

-When you take a quest from an NPC, the ! should disappear.

5. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    No. I don't feel like talking to everyone in a town to figure out who to turn a quest in to if i forgot their name/location/appearance.

Although feel free to make it a checkmark to behave as such in the options screen.

6. tshroom

tshroom Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Agree

I have to agree with what most people are saying.

1. iPhone/iPod sized menu system needs to be enlarged or reworked for iPad
    2. Movement control nub needs to be repositionable
    3. Auto close or have the take all button turn into a close button after items are looted. This way you could double tap take all to loot and close.
    4. Being able to zoom out without going into bird's eye view. If possible it would be cool to be able to keep the 3/4 over the shoulder perspective when zooming all the way out. The game feels a little too claustrophobic on the iPad as if I can't see as much as I should be able to. This would result in much less camera repositioning for most players.
    5. Skill resets for a price of course, and preferable a hefty price. I think poor planning deserves to be punished, but not by making the gamer replay the whole game.
    6. An auto attack button would be useful for those who don't wish to continuously tap the attack icon.
    7. Sound Levels need to be tweaked.

That is all I have for now. I really enjoy the game and I am glad you guys put so much work into making it awesome. With a little more spit and polish it will be my all time favorite iOS game. All the little details in the environment are amazing. Keep up the good work.

7. tshroom

tshroom Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Is there an in game map? A good map can resolve a lot of heartache and time wasting. I haven't found it yet if there is.

I haven't paid attention to the ! marks. Maybe ? for an npc with a quest, ! for an npc you need to turn into, and a check mark for the npc's you have already completed quests with.

I also liked the idea of graying out answer choices already used in a conversation.

Finally, change the color on the stats of the EQ you are viewing. Green numbers would be better than what you are currently wearing, Red would be worse.

P.S. If a mod could collect some of the higher ranking suggestions and post them to the first page of this thread we could keep it cleaner. Forum viewers would easily be able to see what suggestions are already being considered and then we can just agree or disagree with the suggestions instead of resubmitting them over and over.

8. fusermarucs

Sep 29, 2010
    Also found a bug fellas - on the mission where you have to defend the second village from bandits, the mission completed itself while I was out of the village down at the docks!
    I just started going towards the village as night fell (the mission doesnt start until nightfall) and the mission completed itself. Instantly!

9. fusermarucs

Sep 29, 2010
    me again!
    It has been mentioned but I want to add my voice to the 'volume sliders' for BGM and voice plse!

Can I just say at this point that it is BRILLIANT that you guys are actively asking for feedback and acting on it - it is really appreciated!

10. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    You still have to go back and defend the village to get the reward

11. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    Not sure if it was mentionned but, why can't we look up at the sky like we can in first person view? Is it for technical reasons? Great game BTW.

12. heronemis

heronemis New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Love the game

But change this:

And this:

"grey-out" or add some color to dialog options that I have previsly talked about, like Oblivion and Fallout

But great game!

13. fusermarucs

Sep 29, 2010
    Nope - got the reward and the Xp just by talking to the guard.

14. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    You didnt understand my request. The game currently displays a yellow ? over an NPC when you have a quest to turn in to them. I want this to stay. The only thing I want changed is that the ! should disappear once I accept the quest.

15. hurrahstuff

hurrahstuff Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    I would like to see the cancelation of abilities before you waste the time casting, such as if youre out of range instead of having the ability charge up and then say, "you're out of range," say it before you waste the time casting.

16. fusermarucs

Sep 29, 2010
    +1 to this

17. horsebot

horsebot Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Found a bug:

My Mage has 140 energy and the 100 energy meteor skill on my toolbar. I upgraded to the 200 meteor skill, but didn't toolbar it. Now when I use the level 1 skill still on my toolbar it says I don't have enough energy to cast it but it still casts the level 1 spell, for free!

18. heronemis

heronemis New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Add gamecenter support

19. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

I'll add my vote to the iPad menus showing at iPhone res issue. Not game-breaking but it really does need to be sorted out, please!

Also, playing on iPad (not sure if this happens on iPhone/iPod) I get frequent crashes going through doors/portals. I don't lose progress as the latest auto-save is always on the exit side of whatever door I was going through at the time, but it happens often enough that it's starting to get annoying. I've closed everything else, nothing running in the background on multitask, etc. because I know that's what you're going to ask ;).

One last thing (that I hesitate to mention, really, in case it gets nerfed in an update...) at about level 8 or 9, playing Warrior, I looted a couple of axes (one from a drop and one from the chest on the little island on the lake), one primary hand axe that has 110 power/damage rating and one off-hand axe that has 36 power/damage rating. Nothing else in drops or quest rewards so far comes anywhere near these and I can now 1-or-2-hit-kill pretty much everything except bosses, but they are very easy too. This is fun (very much so) but seems incredibly overpowered this early on in the game. Are these axes supposed to be this powerful? I'm playing on "Normal".

20. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yet another suggestions, but a minor one.

As a mage, spells have cooldowns before you can recast them. I would like to see a timer that shows how long in seconds before you can recast it. Or even a WoW/Dungeon Siege style clock-like timer that fills the icon from faded out to up untill you can cast it. That would be really cool.