Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Caladell

Caladell Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    #441 Caladell, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    Edit:
    Moved post to help thread

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This thread might help more: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=76552

3. LonerATO

LonerATO Active Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #443 LonerATO, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
    Crash

Game keeps crashing for me in the orc fortress. Powering off and loading a diff. save and go back to the other save do nothing.

4. neroX

neroX New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    So far so god josh o only se One problem right
    Now and its pala skull judgement 2 skill info shows that it atks 0 - 0 all lvls??

5. setec

setec Member

Mar 6, 2011
    #445 setec, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Suggestions:

Game Center for the achievements. There is no point in getting the achievements if you can't brag to your friends. :)

And speaking of Achievements, can you release the stats for Slayer and Vanquisher? I think it is 5 kills and 25 kills respectively but I am not sure.

I agree with another poster on adding mount speed to the stats.

Crafting - their should be levels for crafting otherwise besides for a few quests there is no sense of progress.

If you don't fix the falling off the mount problem, maybe fix it a little :) Then have it that once you reach XX level, you can buy a saddle or something to stabilize your riding.

Saved games - There should be a set of saved games for each character. Then when you load a game, you choose your character name first, then you see the six slots. If a person only owns one iOS device and they want to try each of the five classes, then they only hav the Auto-Save left as a slot. Also, if you own two iOS devices, there needs to be a way to move saved games between them. Perhaps using the iTunes File Sharing feature under the Apps tab to locally move them to your Mac/PC and then to the other device. I recently sold my iPad 1 on ebay and wont have my iPad 2 till Thursday. I've been waiting a week not being able to play my Ranger saved games because it was on the iPad. :)

Some may not like this option, but to maybe slow down the game play a bit, don't have the entire map revealed at all or just show the dots only until you've explored the areas.

Difficulty - if there is no Game Center support, there is really no reason to choose anything other than casual. I guess there is a challenge this to doing Hard difficulty but then your friends should know about it. :)

Sell-All was added to the game. Now we need Put-All for when you are storing items in your bank.

The "Wait 1 Hour" feature was put in the game for testing purposes. Maybe remove this. Maybe not. I have mixed feelings. The quest where you have to wait until night fall to defend the town. I just clicked ahead until 10PM and then did the quest. I could see where some want to get this quest over with and move on but then there is really no point in having it be a night only quest.

And the last is more for "what is everyone else's thoughts?" In WoW, if I'm out questing and I end up some where, let's say I kill a boss that I didn't have a quest for. Well, I would get so frustrated later when I found out there was a quest for that boss and I had to go back. Well in ASAS, if I go kill a boss without the quest, then later get the quest, the quest is auto completed. I actually found this a pleasant change but wasn't sure how others felt.

All in all, I love this game. I've played WoW, Lotro and Pocket Legends but I love this game because I enjoy soloing. Keep up the great work. I can't wait for the Mac version.

P.S.: I hope there will be a way to move a saved character/game from an iOS device to the Mac and back and forth. Would be awesome to be playing it on the iPhone, get home and then continue on the Mac.

6. setec

setec Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Bug: I went into East Callaheim and joined the Knights of Callaheim Guild. This gave me their guild storage key. I then used it to open their guild storage chest.

I then walked into the two other guild buildings and accessed their guild storage without joining their guild.

If I join the two other guilds, I get their keys but they don't disappear like the first because they technically don't get used.

7. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    #447 Jongjungbu, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
    When I joined each guild and used each of their storage chests AFTER joining, the same thing happened. I think only the Knights key gets consumed and the other two stick around perhaps, regardless of the order one does it. Don't think its because only one gets used then. I threw the spares into the bank though. Minor bug anyway.

8. Junliang

Junliang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Here are my thoughts
    1) seriously, allow us to save the game somewhere or something, if something happen to our iDevices and losing every single thing we acheive in game, its really devastating D:
    2) Like a person previous mention, 5 save slot should be allocated to EACH char, and not for the iDevice alone. So like i have 2 char, a mage and a paladin, the mage should have 5 saving slots, and the paladin have 5 saving slot respectively.
    3) Recipes are great, but I really think that pass a certain level, the recipes should be acquired automatically.
    4) bigger backpack please !
    5) the hitbox of the characters can be very unstable and inaccurate at times..

Last but not least,
    I believe the popularity of the class is as per b/m
    1) Mage
    2) Paladin
    3) warrior
    4) Rouge
    5) Ranger

and i don't know about you guys, but mage is really much easier and powerful imo.
    I seen videos of rouge being played, and gosh, after the first "backstab", the rest of the fighting is pure slugging, warrior style, but just with super weak equipment and stats compared to a warrior. I really can't see a future in ranger nor rouge.

and have a bigger tab for the immediate button please, the one that stores the skills and the pots, we need more space, thanks.

Once again, I ****ing love this game so much, thanks alot for this game, I truly enjoyed it, not to mention a person like me who didn't really like rpg games.

Hope for more updates and enjoyable gaming experience !

9. Jongjungbu

Jan 24, 2011
    The Paladin just came out. Don't think it could be the most popular #2 yet since a lot of folks had played through with other class(es) first. I think the Ranger and Warrior have been the more popular, based on all of the posts across the forums. But really, it's all opinion unless a poll goes up.

10. Junliang

Mar 11, 2011
    Haha, maybe because the paladin is new, hence i see more post regarding them..

Really ?
    ranger getting higher popularity than mage since the past ?
    If only we can see more high level gameplay of individual classes, that would be great..

11. Junliang

Mar 11, 2011
    btw, whats the stats allocation like for the ranger and the paladin and the warrior ?
    warrior - endurance + strength ?
    Paladin - endurance + strength ?

Ranger doesn't have the magic shield unlike mage, so need to pump endurance ?

12. Jongjungbu

Jan 24, 2011
    Dunno. There was a lot of joy when the Ranger got the spirit wolf pet though. That, I'm sure, helps a lot with survivability. I don't have a high level Ranger so I can't speak for how that plays out.

13. Junliang

Mar 11, 2011
    Kinda like the rouge now after a mage and paladin

Kimda nice tp yield 2 wep, and one of the wep has effect like the torch and can cast fire
    Different gameplay compared to the previous 2

But i still dislike the ranger.. The need to change to an inferior wep if enemy comes too close, and the need to have many stats allocation

14. setec

setec Member

Mar 6, 2011
    #454 setec, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    Incorrect text?

The quest "Can I offer my assistance?" mentions talking to Garv Strongaxe, the leader of the Fighter's Guild, however where you end up is at the "Knights of Callaheim".

Could it be in an alpha version of the game that the Knights of Callaheim were known as the Fighter's Guild and the quest text just needs to be updated?

Also, in West Callaheim, Darius's House should be just Darius' House for proper English. Just a minor text change.

15. Freighttrain

Freighttrain New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Aralon suggestions

Not sure if I'm doing this right but I suggest that weapons had a little more variety like hammers and scythe not just swords and axes and better shields I love this game but the weapons are stupid. Alejandra with the forge how do I use it? Thanks for reading. One more thing when can we (all of aralon lovers) expect an update with changes like this be made? Ps more items and weapons please!

16. Paul_Woodard

Paul_Woodard New Member

May 23, 2011
    love it

i think the game is amazing and was worth every penny
    i think three things would increase the replay value tremendously though

1.) To add some sort of mount combat so you dont have to constantly get off your ride to fight

2.) To be able to level up and control your "henchmen" more and the only command to not be dismiss, and the ability to change their weapons/armor too

3.) and to be able to forge tons of specialized armor/weapons

17. Texansteve

Texansteve New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    #457 Texansteve, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    Why all of the forges ...

Why are there so many forges but nothing to forge. I have to say it's one of my favorite games to play and I've played it over and over for hours. Have gotten down to 16 days 2 hours to finish The Plan, all quests and side quests (16 days in game time, not 16 actual days - :). However, there are a few missing pieces.

1. There are Sunberry Fruit plants in the Callaheim Hills that won't respond but get in the way. Fix em or take em out.

2. There are forges in almost every armor shop, but nothing to forge - completely and totally lame. Why not make the stone giants have something to do with that. Maybe you pick up raw materials from them.

3. There's blood, venom, webs, fangs, scales, animal skins and meat, but nothing to do with them other than sell them for a pittance - again ctl

4. There's recipes for potions but none for poison or toxins - why not? There's plenty of stuff to make it from - see above - again ctl - Why not have those recipes held by one of the characters in the thieves den? You have to kill or pickpocket them to get it. Or maybe the Vampire has something more useful to do than just die!

5. What's the tobacco for from the innkeepers? It doesn't seem to enhance the game any. I can't figure it out. If it were a magical weed that helped you see quests you were missing or something, but other than encouraging smoking in young people can't figure out what it's for. Make it mean something, or take it out!

Anyway - great game. Please don't come out with Aralon II, just keep adding to this one and refining it. I'd pay an up charge for an add on game (or ten).

Thanks,

Steve

18. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    +100 to ALL of that ^^^^.

19. bugbloxer1558

bugbloxer1558 New Member

Feb 28, 2012
  20. Schnuggs

Schnuggs New Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Important Update Ideas

Hey. I was thinking that there could be:

1. A fix for "A Mountain Pass." I tried again and again to get through the mountain pass, but every time, the game crashed.
    2. Smoother gameplay. I find the game lags quite a lot.