Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. RazJUK

RazJUK New Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Classes need complete revamp

Having played a Hunter and a Mage to a lesser extent for the last few days, I find myself frustrated with the combat and Skill talent menu and skills available.
    The rest of the game is really good, but sadly a lack of depth in the skill talent menu really lets it down. Every player will have the same build at the end of the day, and the talents menus come across as been thrown together hastily.
    I think these should have a major overhaul with more skills added, some instant cast with maybe longer cooldowns and others with a cast time just to spice things up. Also there should be talent trees forcing player to choose certain builds, having way more talents than can be acquired in the game.
    Eg. -Mages could have a Frost/water line that deals with moderate single target dmg, Good AoE dmg and enemy control and half decent armour spells.
    - Fire High single target dmg, Limited AoE, no armour benefits, but needs the Fire elemental to aggro when taking on more than one target.
    - Earth Mage moderate single target dmg, moderate AeE, High armour benefits from earth armour.
    As stated above perhaps you can see where I'm focusing on.

Maybe the community can forward you the ideas for the talents and Spells.

The combat needs tightening up, as sometimes it feels unfinished, and also there should be a greater range of Skills that can be cast & instant cast , and other skills that can be triggered during combat without a Linked button.

Please, please, please do this next as I think these are the major failings of Aralon and would truly make this a great game.

Ps. With the ongoing development of the game you could release more chapters that could be purchased with level caps raised,some new skills, a new main story after the current one and new areas.

2. Graz73

Graz73 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Web Design, Graphics & Illustration
    Mansfield, OH
    NPC companions.

I have had a great time getting started in this game! Like everyone else, I've got ideas for improvement:

Mainly, I like the idea of NPC companions! I had that Graysword guy following me, but he got killed. That was very frustrating. I couldnt do anything to keep him alive, except maybe reload...

Could I give loot to NPC helpers? I bet I've already run across lots of gear that would have helped him/them live longer.

The NPC also got in my way when I was exploring the city. Could they be kept a little farther away, for playability?

Lastly, could these companions SAY OR DO something? I kept trying to talk to that guy, but the only conversation option was "dismiss". If these characters are around for a while, give them a bunch of stuff to say. (You've played Dragon Age, right?)
    I'd be more concerned about them dying if they had personalities or quests.

3. Graz73

Graz73 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Web Design, Graphics & Illustration
    Mansfield, OH
    Aralon?

Is no one playing this anymore, or just not talking about it?

4. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I did two full playthroughs... I don't think I could do another unless they added GameCenter achievements or some new content.

5. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I posted this elsewhere but feel strongly about it...

Any chance for Aralon going MMO in the future?

I can't picture a better setting. The world would need to be larger, some additional races to war with, etc. The grouping/co-op would be fun. I'd even pay a subscription price if it were only a couple dollars/month and offerred a deeper experience than Pocket Legends.

6. neroX

neroX New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    My ideas

OK To start off the game is awsome i hope it will go online soon :) there are a few things i noticed

1* Auto target friendly units in battle like in The Orc Castle/ can u remove or change it to enemy target xD 5/7 times i hit my own units and become an outlaw :(

2* Was hoping u guys could make every char able to open other chars bankstash items (better expl) if i place an item with my mage to later use my warrior to take it out and make some lvl restrictions if this sounds intresting cuz else it might end up like 4 me.

lvl 25 mage kills the vampire and get fire staff.

3* Able to Cancel Skills and homering spell that ring took me home in boss battle so many times xD

4* as erlier replay less skills like 30-35 should be enough for any class :)

5* Dont know if anyone posted this but it would be awsome to use the forge dono if its useable right now but im thinking upgrading weapons/aromors with elements,levels,and a few rare get additional stats/skill.

think thats about it :) hope u dont feel like im trying to take over the game cuz im not just sharing my opinion :)

Chars:
    MainChar: Zeus - Mage lvl 43
    SecondChar: Arizon - Rouge lvl 43

7. neroX

neroX New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    the other guys are right i played my mage in 10game days to the end of the game

this is what my build looks like now at lvl 43

All items in Bag:

str 10
    agi 23
    end 16
    int 32
    spi 15

Att 215
    crit 14%
    Hp 1376
    Energy 2752
    Def 0
    parry 40%
    block 0%

And now fully eq:
    str 10
    agi 28
    end 30
    int 41
    spi 15

att 220
    crit 17%
    hp 2990
    energy 3608
    det 146
    parry 40%
    block 0%

items eq:
    Head: supern leather hood: end+3
    Neck: cloak of air: Int+2 End+2 Int+4
    Chest: Super Woven tunic: Health+150
    Weapon : Fire staff: int+3
    Hands: superb bloodsilk gloves: Health+200
    legs: Superb Bloodsilk pants: Agi+4
    Feet: Superb Woven Boots: End+2
    Ring: Plantium Endurance Ring: End+4 End+3

Im aiming on all bloodsilk eq cuz i think its the best for mage :)

skill tip start by upgrading armor of air to lvl 5 then go on with shockwave lvl 1 untill u have 200energy and lvl 3 with 300 energy u will feel invincable :) then all u need is fire blasts :)

Good Luck :)

8. hurrahstuff

hurrahstuff Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Alright I just picked this game up again, and for some reason when I try to enter wear callhamen, the game crashes
    Is anyone else having this problem?

9. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    I'm waiting for the new update with the Paladin class to start a new playthrough :)

10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    its coming along nicely, the iPad ui is like 95% done now too - he just has to add the map back in. I have a few ability effects to finish.
    Mini-map, compass, etc will have to be in another update, because its a very time consuming thing to add.

11. YT333

YT333 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Any news on the update?

12. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    yeah - I think its going to be submitted in the next few days.

13. YT333

YT333 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Awesome...Thanks for the quick reply...hope to start up a paladin playthrough next week

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sweet news! I have one last empty save slot with a Pally just waiting to fill the position. :cool:

15. Kenimiro

Kenimiro New Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Aralon -Clothes

Hi,

Personally I really like the game. I only wish you could make clothes. If my character wants the higher quality items I always find that you end up looking extremely mismatched. I also wish that you could change your weapons by upgrading them. Also, sometimes when riding the drake I go through walls and end up falling through the map and having to use the auto-save. Other than that the game is awesome

Sincerely,

James
    Chars:
    Lvl 48 Elf Ranger
    Lvl 45 Elf Rogue

16. Kenimiro

Kenimiro New Member

Mar 1, 2011
    LOL i feel like posting my stats too... (finished in 14 Game Days)

So heres my level 48 Ranger:

Items:
    Head: Superb Leather Hood Agi +4
    Neck: cloak of meditation(From the ork guy in the caves near the shadowspire mine after u kill him): Energy+150 Health+150 Int+4
    Chest: Superb Bearhide tunic (defense 57) Energy+50
    Weapon : Claw Sword (Power 114, Speed 1.9, Range 2.0)+6%(DMG)Health+150
    Hands: superb emerald studded gauntlets Ent+4
    legs: Superb Hunters Pants Health+150
    Feet: Superb Bloodsilk Boots Str+3
    Ring: Plantium Intellect Ring: Int+4 Str+2
    Shoulders: Superb Banded Pauldrons Agi+4

All Items in Bag:
    Strength: 25
    Agility: 21
    Endurance: 19
    Intellect: 15
    Spirit: 21

Items On

Strength: 30
    Agility: 25
    Endurance: 23
    Intellect: 23
    Spirit: 21

Attack: 480
    Critical: 21%
    Health: 2658
    Energy: 2658
    Defense: 198
    Parry: 60%
    Block: 0%

I went for a well rounded character mostly but got damage up decently just so that my character was strong.... If you go with the ranger get the "summon spirit wolf" skill early on its a big help. the arrow of fire isnt that good power attack 3 is awesome 200-300 bonus damage making my attack do around 700 damage one hit. lightning is also good to start early and the stealth skill. these things basically made my playthrough a walk in the park.

GL HF! :)

17. jamesdoug

jamesdoug Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Some new ideas

I've been playing Aralon for ages now and have done all the quests. Now that everything is done all I can do is just walk around killing things which can get a bit repetitive.

I think there should be more things to give your character a life. Like the options to buy houses and add upgrades. Make ingredients edible and add foods like bread and drinks like water and beer! I also would like beds that you can sleep in. I would love Aralon if I could do this.

18. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    there is a problem with the paladin class i trained the skill called divine favor it says it will grant u a bonus of 30 attack and 36 def and the effect is permanent but when i look at my stats nothing happened and when i fight a bandit it doesnt seem to have any effect at all when fighting

19. Waffleboy12

Waffleboy12 New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Weapon/Armor Forges

Hey! I noticed forges in a few weapon and armor shops, however you can't do anything with them. What if you could custom-forge a weapon or armor piece out of runes, animal hides, gems, ect.? Even custom name the item ("n00bsbane" would make a pretty awesome name for a blade), also there is little shield, helm, and pauldron selection. There is only one place to get helms and pauldrons in the whole game, a little disappointing. As for shields, there is only a few types available, unlike blades, clothing, and other items. LOVE this game. Have beaten it at least 10 times already.

20. neroX

neroX New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Im updating My game this very moment and Im trying on the pally and i Will Let u guys know what i think about it^^ feedbacks Will be in Every time i Find anything btw does the New upgrade have refinery ?