Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

It's not a bug, it's supposed to do that. When you think about it, it doesn't make sense trying to shoot an arrow at someone directly in front of you, when you can use a sword instead.

The key to the ranger class is using distance to your advantage, and not letting the enemy get close enough to attack. But when they do get close, make sure to have a decent melee weapon on hand.

2. Zenzi73

Zenzi73 Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Berlin - Germany
    #402 Zenzi73, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
    Yes it does make sense. But why does the game always unaquip the quiver?

My melee is a nice str. 88 sword ;-)

3. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    im proud to say that i did all the quests and beat the main storyline on my ipod touch 2nd gen :D except the glittering sappfire quest of course cause the guy keeps attacking me so i was wondering where dop i get the terror bird mount?

4. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Is this game any good?

I'm ag big fan of Zelda and Okami...

5. Zenzi73

Zenzi73 Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Berlin - Germany
    Any good? :eek:

You are kidding me!

It's awsome! It's like Oblivion for iOS, a little buggy, but the Devs are working on it... And there will be new content added.

So, get it!!!

6. C4PTAIN

C4PTAIN Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    5 stars

7. neostar

neostar Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    Best game on AppStore today. Does someone knows when the new update coming ?

8. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    IT Business Analyst/QC/Novice Developer
    Texas
    #408 mmegley, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
    Character Skills

There are a few things about character skills that are not very balanced. I have only played a rogue and Mage so far, but already noticed some issues.

1) By lvl 50 the rogue has more skill points than he can use. The Mage on the other hand can't get all of his skills by lvl 50.

2) The mage's dmg potential is lopsided. I was able to train one shot kill spells early on, but then later these max dmg spells were not strong enough for me to survive. This also makes all of the fire based attacks worthless since i can do more dmg with my staff in melee and it takes triple the number of skill points to advance fire to do the same amt of dmg as the ice spells. Mage spell dmg should not be fixed. It should be based on his current lvl and the number of skill points in it. Then instead of having 5 versions of fire just have one. Then you have room for other elemental attack spells, healing spells, etc.

3) Rogue stealth does seem to work randomly instead of being based on current lvl compared to enemy lvl.

4) I've tried Dazzle on multiple enemies and does not have the stated effect. In most cases it has no effect and others only a marginal one. It's completely worthless even when maxed out.

9. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Texas
    Quest Order

Since enemies are a fixed level, it would be helpful if your request queue listed them in a recommended order based on difficulty. I keep doing one quest that is several lvls ahead of me and get tons of exp. But then I get quests where I'm several lvls ahead and just walkthrough it bored as heck.

10. It's not hard to prioritize: The more XP it's worth, chances are the harder it's going to be.

11. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Texas
    Magic Resistance

I'm only lvl 25, but I don't see any magic resistance options. No equip boosts. No mage spells for it. Makes the Mage damn near impossible to use. His low HP plus getting attacked by two magic users is death!

12. The problem with the mage is that you have to focus on bumping up more stats than the fighter. With a fighter, you really need to focus mainly on strength and agility, with a lesser focus on on endurance. You can generally ignore intellect and spirit, because if you're strong enough and agile enough, you can beat the crap out of anything before they have a chance to wound you too badly.

With the mage, you have to focus mainly on agility, endurance, intellect -- three very important skills to a mage, with a lesser focus on spirit. Agility lets you dodge and score better criticals, which becomes important in avoiding damage and potentially scoring better hits; endurance gets you more health, which is important because you get crap for armour; intellect naturally increases your energy, which you need for spells, your primary attack method; and spirit lets you regenerate faster, which is important in recovering health even during battle. So in addition to getting crap weapons and crap armour, you have to spread your upgrade points thinner, which means it takes you longer to become strong.

So far I've found the mage the hardest character to play.

13. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Texas
    #413 mmegley, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
    Agreed

I've found that at around 3000 energy with no spirit boost, that I can cast all the spells I want and hardly notice an energy drop. So I'm now focusing on endurance and health boosting. Plus being 10 lvls above the gnome mage and coven witch helps a lot with surveying their magic. The Mage takes some grinding, but isn't as bad off as I thought as long as he can withstand the hits.

EDIT: I finished the game with the mage. I have to say that the mage is the easiest to play of all the others. He can do the most damage in the shortest amount of time. Add in the stun and shield spells and he's pretty invulnerable if you grind your levels. In fact, the combat mechanics are straight forward. LEVEL UP. Your stats, skills, equipment, etc. are all pretty irrelevent compared to your level. At least it was before the upgrade. I'll have to see if they balanced things out more.

14. robcaduk

robcaduk Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Item comparison
    Auto Pick Up Loot
    Compass on main screen.
    Slower respawn.

=Perfect Game!!:D:D

15. Dragoro

Dragoro Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Great update today! Thanks!

16. Warrior123456

Warrior123456 New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    #416 Warrior123456, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Paladins

I think that the paladin could be an option for the warrior class not a new one all together. Maybe a warrior could join a church to become a paladin and then start at lvl. one as a paladin. I also think there should be other classes like Druids that can turn into different animals that can do different thngs.

17. Warrior123456

Warrior123456 New Member

Jan 14, 2011
    #417 Warrior123456, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Races

There should be more races like dwarves and you should be able to fight against the kingdom and humans as an Orc. I also think that there should be a race that is totally dependent on magic and depending on your class you can do certain spells for example warriors could do a spell that increases it's attack or is an attack. There should be an undead race that you should only be able to be if you die a certain amount of times and it should be optional.

18. joen_kwon

joen_kwon Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Small bug, when selling something that is equiped, the item is sold but the character is still looks like it has it equipped.

Balance. I've played through the game twice, once as a rogue and once as a ranger. Either the ranger is over powered or the rogue is under powered. With the ranger, when I was down in the sewer tunnels and came across a level 35 enemy with my level 26 character. I attempted to kill it. I went in to sneak mode, set up 4 overlapping traps, set fire to my arrows and ambushed the enemy. When the enemy came close I used the sword skill to push and hurt the enemy away and then used lightning skill to attack it more so. I ended up killing the enemy and taking his 146(?) base attack sword and 100+ base attack bow.
    Then I went on to exploit the re-spawning bug..and well..I'm glad that's been fixed.

In my rogue run, the strongest base weapon I found had a base attack of 64. Maybe I was just unlucky and never found a better weapon, or maybe the rogue us under powered.

I've only found one shop that sells head/shoulder/neck gear. Maybe add a few more.

Brighter lighting in rooms would be great.

That's all for now. Great game..I think I'm obsessed with it :\

19. YT333

YT333 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Update?

Any idea on the time frame for the new update. I only ask as I started a warrior but am thinking might just have to wait to play once the new update comes out with the paladin class...but I dont want to wait forever :)

20. RazJUK

RazJUK New Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Suggestions

Apologies if any of my suggestions are already covered in previous posts:
    -There are not enough skill buttons. How about a 3rd bar giving so you have 15 skill buttons. I find myself having go to my iventory and swapping & linking skill constantly. Also it would be great to activate things like your 'horse deed' directly from the inventory rather than having to link it to a skill button.
    -Pets get in the way when you try to loot corpses making it a pain to loot.

-What about adding Combo points or something that stack from attacks ( like the Rogues in WOW) so you could stack up to 5 that activates a special move Slot bar. They could be skills that you had to find in the world , eg by killing a certain elite or getting an achievement or completing a quest. It certainly would increase charater developent and customisation.

A few Hunter suggestions:-
    -On the item inventory there should be a second box to add the Bow, and auto swap between the melee and ranged weapon. Firstly, I lose 2 Skill buttons, having to Link my Ranged & Melee weapons on the skill bar. Secondly, I lose a bag space for the extra weapon. And also the same think for the secondary slot, where I automaticaly have my eg.Torch out when Out of combat and my arrows select when I start combat.
    -The arrows take up way too much room in an already cramped Bag space. Hows about a 1000 arrows occupy 1 bag space rather than 40? I find myself constantly having to going totown to sell stuff due to lag of bag space because they are cramped by arrows.
    -A revamp of the skills. More passive skills that can be triggered rather than as a skill button- Eg Hunter's Battle Cry could be triggered when you get a critical hit, so for instant if you put a full 5 points in that skill, you have a much higher % chance of it triggering when the hunter Crits. Having these triggered passive skills could give you a much deeper customisation for skill points in the game.
    -The skill Sealth when activated could have a new button appear above it with the Ambush skill as you lose a skill button for a skill you can only use when stealthed

Mage:-
    -The skills Ice Shield & Armour of Air. Should be permanetly activated rather than as skil buttons. They could work as in when they are destroyed there is a Cooldown before they are reactivated automatically, but while they are down the mages Energy regeneration takes a hit to recharge the shield.
    -The Icebolt could have a frost effect slowing down enemies.

Keep up the good work guys. Great game, that has great potential for the future!!!