Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but it'd be great if you could change your character's physical appearance (hair color, style, face) anytime you want in the options like in The Sims. Minor thing, but it'd be nice.

2. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Hopefully other enhancements, such as being able to climb a ladder or step off a path without falling through the bottom of the world, might be addressed before cosmetic touches like that.

Sorry, bad time for me, I just fell off the path from Valamar castle twice and both times ended up in some kind of upside-down watery void. Both times thanks to my Terror bird's twitchy reaction to the iPad D-Pad.

3. Thought of another suggestion:

Make a separate button when wielding magical weapons to activate its magical property, rather than having them shoot off their magic with every strike, which generally tends to waste charges. Tangle lasts long enough that you don't need to keep having it cast from the weapon every time you strike, for example. I'd rather make strategic use of the magical properties of my weapons rather than have them fire off by themselves.

Also, allow recharging these weapons, either through crafting (which I assume will be a future capability) or by being able to have them re-enchanted at a guild or something.

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #384 currymutton, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    I am still early (at around level 15 for now), I think I am putting the observations and suggestions here: (sorry if I am repeating)

1. Drawing distance problem. Some sky "backgrounds" are not drawn together with the hills far away, so in some cases, I can see the "sun" which should be behind some hills.

2. Amazed to see how some monsters "appear". E.g. Bears. They look like as if they are some chess pieces placed down on the board, luckily we don't see the fingers involved...

3. Mounts (horse for the time being) are pretty like riding on a motorcycle. Whenever, you run into something like a rock, or drop down deep enough, your PC falls off...I have read elsewhere that there are some more capable mounts than horses available like wolves and even drakes. I really love to see my mounts able to conduct attacks by themselves. Think about riding a bat mobile/Bond car/AFV/etc in GTA-like games.

-- And no, I am not talking about Mount&Blade...

4. I am very amazed to see how stealth still manages to work when I am walking across water (may be someone can walk in waist-high water with no sound and rippling), and fortunately, not while swimming.

5. Unable to jump, and look up damage my interest in seriously role-play this game. (which I did a lot in ES3 and 4)

6. Failure to annotate on the map is quite a let down for I am a hard time locating look-alike entrances. For example, Ug and Og caves.

7. Speaking of entrances, enemy waiting right outside an entrance is also an unpleasant experience. More than once, I am attacked once I leave a house/cave/dungeon and after fighting a short while, I find myself getting back into that house/cave/dungeon I just left. I think a no-fly zone or something should be there.

8. I don't find anyone selling arrows until in the first major city, which is already a few hours into the game. It is disadvantage to ranged user. The ability to perform multiple "ambushes" may be too powerful and gamey for ranged user. On the other hand, knowing my location instantly after being ambushed is not very realistic either...

9. I also the stealth skill a bit too "easy" to be successful. I think it should be linked to certain attribute (correct me if otherwise). Also, there is no backstabbing bonus, it seems.

10. My gut feeling tells me that there are more to be done with those animal parts (skin, meat, blood, fang, etc) via crafting. I have gathered quite some since early in the game but I could not find any resources telling me how to handle them other than for filling up my purse. I must have been missing something.

11. Speaking of "trading", most enemies leave worthless items but quite handsome amount of gold, it is quite unbalanced. I am surprised to see giant rats carry golds while wild bears do not.

12. Correct me if I were wrong but I notice that in Aralon it is always sunny. I don't mind if my PC does not need to rest and sleep.

13. My PC seems to have a hidden ability to piss off some used-to-be friendlies. In the Ridge, after I left the Inn, I lock device and when I unlock it after a very short while later, my PC is found being attacked by the "sheriff" there. (did I violate some parking rules there?) And so in the first city, my PC moves along the fighting pit in one back street , talks to some guys, and when the PC return there, some bouncers(?) would attack me on sight (literally chases me right off to the gates) and I can never go through that area again. What gives?

14. I realize that this world is more akin to Diablo-sic one, the people have no life on their own, only serves as interactive sign posts. Not exactly a complaint here.

15. How above getting a mansion or cave of my own in the game? It would be nice. (Insert your Minecraft wishes here)

So much for now.

5. Myfingershurt

Myfingershurt Member

Dec 25, 2010
    <SERIOUSLY FREAKING NEEDED>:eek:

Some way to either undo an oversave or the ability to set an autosave or SOMETHING TO GET BACK THE lvl 46 Rogue I just overwrote!!!!!!!:mad:

6. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    IT Business Analyst/QC/Novice Developer
    Texas
    Enhance with moderation

Being able to strafe and walk backwards seems like something that is missing as a camera option. Without this you can't take advantage of weapon reach differences. However, with this option a clunky warrior could time a step backwards instead of relying on a high agility for a miss or a high parry rate. This would unbalance the warrior and take away that advantage from the rogue. Not sure what the solution is as long as you use a HP based system.

On a side note (or soap box), I know HP are the standard, but it's just not realistic. You avoid death through skill. Whether that be fast foot work or skill in armor and shield. A knife in the throat kills everyone the same. Shadowrun had the most realistic combat rule system! Why won't people embrace that?

7. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Texas
    #387 mmegley, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    Enhance with moderation 2

Also, if you add waypoints etc to maps. Make sure that comes with an on/off option. I like trying to figure out what to do based on NPC hints. I only want way points when I'm so stuck and frustrated that I want to crank call the developers.

To those that complain about respawning, point out the fact that if you don't loot the body there is no respawn until you do loot it. For those complaining about bodies not going away, loot it! I like the fact we have some control over this for when you are playing a char that can't handle several opponents at once at close range.

8. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Texas
    You could alternate between weapons to save charges.

9. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Texas
    Oblivion

I agree with 95% of the suggestions already listed except for my comments titled Enhance With Moderation. Basically, copy Oblivion usability where ever possible because this game is Oblivion Light. You should have the same fan base. While Oblivion does not have perfect game mechanics it has greatly intuitive usability or good in game explanation.

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    2 things I hate about my enemies

1. There is no target select system, or at least give us hit the nearest. When I am in a crowd situation, after I flew one enemy away with close range weapon, my ranger always switches automatically to ranged weapon, which is always too close for comfort. Not to forget the other enemy which I cannot switch to, is slashing me to death.

2. I was opening a chest too late in a dark gnome cave just when 2 creatures spawn right on my face....I would not mind to wait for the spawn to be delayed if my character was standing too close to the spawn point!

11. mmegley

mmegley Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Texas
    Spawning

I finally got my backstab going on my rogue. I started killing creatures well ahead of me in lvls. But the quickness of respawning is getting me either jumped from behind or mobbed between two or three enemies that slaughter me instantly. If I fight things my own lvl I walk through them without needing backstab. Sigh. I can't find a nice middle ground because of the darn spawning.

12. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Just a FYI, the next update will be addressing some pretty big issues you guys have pointed out, so don't abandon ship just yet!

13. Awesome ^.^
    *Swims back toward the ship*

14. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I think you'll be happy with the next update then :)

15. #395 Guy_Incognit0, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    The game is so awesome, I played it non-stop for about one day now and I'm impressed. It almost feels like an "Elder Scrolls" game for iDevice. Here are some suggestions of how you could improve it to make the game even more awesome:

1. Very important IMO: Quick-shot skill for rangers; or alternatively you could create some bows with speed under 1.5

2. Increase torch's light range, because it sometimes fails to light stuff up

3. [personal wish] Animal pets that level up, and get stronger. Dog is man's best friend!

4. Stronger henchmen. They all die pretty fast... (or is it my misfornute??)

5. More bags. Especially for rangers, who have to carry lots of arrows with them (my case) it's pain to throw items away just to get more place for other items :\

6. There should be an ability to enhance items with more than only one rune.

7. Speaking of runes, they should be purchaseable because they are pretty hard to find.

8. And all the jewels like "Sapphire", "Emerald" or "Amethyst" are hard to find too, making the quests of that man from the bank almost impossible.

9. [pesonal wish] Please add more cloaks! They are so awesome, but I feel like there are only 4 of them (Air Cloak, and riding hoods) in the entire game!

10. More action links (there are so many actions, I can hardly place all the used)

11. There should be an ability to become lawful again, because the game gets extremely hard once you're an outlaw.

12. Draw distanceshould be increased. Here's a screen of my PC standing at the northern gate of Callaheim, looking to the southern gate.

[​IMG]

That's it from me, thanks for the awesome game.

16. Zenzi73

Zenzi73 Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Berlin - Germany
    BUG? level cap at level 31 (ranger)?

Just finished the quest in the crypt (talk to the dead wife...) and noticed there were no exp added after fights...
    So now my exp-bar is full but I don't reach level 32.

Is this a bug?

Where is this g.. d.mn bugfix, when will it be released?

Thought it's a kind of bug overload I love this game...

Zenzi73

17. Paradiso

From my playing the level cap is 50. This is because you only earn exp from enemies close to or above your level. The highest level enemy is icefang, at level 50.

As for the update, it will address several issues people are having, so it took a little longer to do, and it's still in testing. TA will be the first place to know about it though, I'll post here as soon as I get the ok from Josh.

18. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    When I see a game like Aralon that I previously thought to be not possible, I am emboldened to make impossible suggestions:

Add the requisite healer and support classes, and then follow this to its logical conclusion: Live co-op multiplayer and arena pvp. :)

19. Paradiso

The combat doesn't really lend itself to arena like gameplay. It's more geared to fight one guy, explore for a while, fight the next, heal, explore, and so on.

Live co op multiplayer would be very fun, but I think Josh and Jason both want it to remain a single player game. You never know though, it is possible.

Speaking of new classes though, a paladin is in the works :)

20. Zenzi73

Zenzi73 Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Berlin - Germany
    #400 Zenzi73, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
    Bug? Grabbing torch while in a fight!

So Paradiso, while you are at it:

I had some difficulties while making a ranged attack when the opponent came closer:

my prim. weapon changed from bow and quiver to sword an torch, though I still wanted to shoot arrows and get some distance between me an the target...

Any help?

Sorry, I posted that one earlier, but there were no replies, yet :(