Universal Aralon: Forge and Flame (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Awesome! My warrior is rounding out now and doing some good damage. #

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    My character name now is playername.. will play again when an update fixed this.. really enjoying the game btw :)

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #123 redribbon, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    josh please put this on your urgent to do list on the next update. its getting annoying that we have to go back and forth to the pause menu just to switch weapon. i think others will agree with this too.

just some suggestion for an easy fix(just for a quick update): let the bow button(quick menu) be a default to use the bow to attack/draw weapon and the attack button(on the right screen) become only for the melee weapon.

ps. i guess you have to make a new animation for that :p :p

4. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I'm on am iphone 6 with ios 8-8.1 and after about 20 mins of playing it all of a sudden got really hot and the fps dropped drastically.

5. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    OK I just have to ask... Standing behind my horse while fighting a bad guy I heard a very distinct fart sound at the same time my horse raised its tail...

Is it my imagination or did my horse really fart on me?

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Game worth buying price after all!

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I got a promo code from a Twitter contest. I'd have bought this had I not won. I can honestly say I'd have been satisfied with the $5 purchase. Love the work the devs put in and the graphics really shine on my iPhone 6.

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    The update was submitted - waiting for it to process now :)

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    You guys are awesome!

10. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Do any of the weapons, proc? Like a sword that has a disease attached to it so when you strike your foe there is a small random chance a DoT or Nuke would register?

I've always loved weapons that have fire, lightning, poison, disease based DoTs/nukes.

11. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #131 redribbon, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    just imo, compared to the first aralon, this one is way to easy for me, at least on my forth mission it still feels like i dont need any strategy to defeat the enemies. just walking through their lair and mash all the buttons. doesnt need any potion, health, food or anything coz my health bar never down under half bar. sorry to say but this feels like a half baked for me, but still amazing for an open world mobile rpg.
    to many bugs i encountered really put me off sometimes and lose my mood in playing this game,
    1. endless fall on the fireplace in lady daneka's room on second floor.
    2. a bear spawn beneath the small lake on the web cave's exit door.
    3. enter the web cave near callahein hill and go back the enterance door will take you far away to the rubys coast and entering the cave again will take you to troll's cave
    4. jump to the small lake on the abandoned cave near callahan's hill will cost you life(its water isn it?)
    5. some missing mesh near the taryn's cliff make a hole that you can see inside the mesh.
    6. when you entering amanda's house on callahan town, SHE will greet you with heavy MAN's voice :p
    7. some misspelled, please teLLL me about this city.

and many more like missing texture on some area, stuck enemies on the wall, and same old problem like on ravensword shadowland where the enemies are chasing you from across the hanging wooden bridge, some of them will fall from the cliff.

ps.i cant remember the exact name of the place and people's name so appologized for any mistype.

12. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Ok, here's from me:

1) A Dirty Job
    I killed Richard... I went and killed Merl first, I DIDN'T get any lockpicks (3 were advertised). I went back and Richard was marked as an enemy (that red ring around him) and I killed him. Now, A DIRTY JOB cannot end, I don't have any lockpicks and haven't found them anywhere yet. Any ideas?

2) Gang Leader
    I'm stuck on the first step. It says I should talk to Brenton at Gryffyn Arms after midnight. I went there at midnight, hourly after midnight (different days/saves) and nothing... What am I doing wrong?

3) Spell Ingredients
    Apparently, and I quote: "I told Orin that I would gather some spell components for his research". Any clues as to what, how many etc.??? Seriously...

4) Queen Silk
    The spider queen was lame. It ran around and that was all.

Were the spiders so bad in the first game? I think I remember them at least trapping you and attacking you, here you can slice them too easily without any danger. In fact, all the enemies seem to be like that. I'm playing a Warrior, I level up like crazy (too easy) and I am at level 30 (going 31 in a few enemy kills) and only finished the missions (without the few mentioned above) that are in the first two areas (Tyrin Bridge and Callaheim). Other than the puzzle in Azran Ruins,
    the poisonous floor
    , nothing remained in my mind (besides the bugs, of course...).

Equipping items: you have to tediously check every item you have of its category (e.g.: Gloves, Shoulders for Armor) and see if the one equipped isn't better than the one in the Inventory. Would have been hard to have some colored text saying the stat as red for weaker, green for better?
    Seeing how far you are from leveling up means going in the Menu... I think in the first one it was displayed in the HUD while playing. No indications (or maybe I am reading it wrong) for Primary weapons that are double-handed guns (have a sword that requires both hands, hence cannot have dual wielding) and would have been nice to know before spending the money (I know a save reloading would do, but why couldn't a simple text have been there in the description at the very least?).
    Remember how the inventory in the first one was limited? I do. And I liked it better. Who else did? Not Galoobeth.

I'm not saying I regret my money, but I can't say I can recommend this to a friend over Ravensword: Shadowlands, the first Aralon (which for now feels better, more varied, more challenging, more interesting, more polished - for its time - and overall a better game) or The Shadow Sun (since it was mentioned earlier).

13. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Same problem related above, how can get the lockpicks now?

I do not want to have to play again

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Guys dont forget how awesome the updates were in the first Aralon. I mean they added a Paladin and a lot of other stuff so give it time. Has anyone found different mounts?

15. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    yep, trust me, i have full faith in CM team to bring great update, but maybe just a little upset that we have to wait a little bit more to fully enjoy this game. but that's just because i love this game :)
    btw, mine is horse so far.

16. itsLDN

itsLDN Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 29, 2015
    RPG Grinder
    London

1. Same issue, I reloaded and just ignored that quest for now. He claims he'll give you lock picks and once the quest is done, you can get more. No lock picks given and quest can't be completed.

2. First time I went in the tavern, the guy was hostile. Loaded a previous save, went in during the day and slept till midnight and he was friendly.

3. Same issue, haven't found anything which updates the quest yet so can't even guess what's required.

4. Haven't done that either after I heard people were not finding silk.

17. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Darn it, then I killed 2) too... It's so stupid, really. They have to fix 1, 2. For 3, well... I have some stuff collected but nothing seems to please him.

4 was lame cause I killed her and it wasn't anything special (got that silk). In fact, I got tired of seeing that cave... And bored.

I am only a couple of missions away probably (I am at the
    elves going to slay the dragon, but currently dealing with the Minotaurs area
    ) from finishing it.

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Horse so far for me too. Can anyone confirm that there is other mounts?

19. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Man... It turns out shauns review was a little genrous! 3 stars at best, it seems like somethings changed at crescent moon and not for the better. So far its a very safe sequel, same as the first in every way, except graphics which arent all that when comparing to ravensword. I just felt so much more was going to be done with this but i got bored after 20 mins! 20 mins!!?! I might come back to this when in the mood, maybe i expected too much as the first one was groundbreaking fir mobile.....but in truth, fir me personally....it feels like im playing the same game. There is a lot better out there then this, and also was surprised by the lack of customisation in this one, not that thats everything but considering were in 2015 with better tech, i thought there would be more in it. Also i beleive the devs got the name of the pub wrong in taryn ridge!? Lol unless it changed management? Sad to say nothing enticing or captivating about this way too safe sequel, should really just been released as a dlc to the first one or an expansion pack. Does anyone else feel like this?

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but it was priced at half the price of the original which was 9.99 for quite a long time when it came out. This one does have more customization with the characters than the original and we improved a lot of things with the interface and flow of the game. There definitely aren't as many side quests to do in this game as the original, unfortunately. We have an update coming soon with a few fixes and improvements, and hopefully more on the way!