Universal Aralon: Forge and Flame (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 3, 2015.

1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    We're just going to take the language thing out of the starting menu screen - maybe we can update it later for more languages though. Anyway - onward to fixes and tweaks!
    Day 1 open world RPG dev fun times....

2. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Not a lot of 1st person premium RPG's available on mobile, so, with that it mind, this is one of the best available.

On the other hand, I guess I expect too much because to me A:FF, like it'd predecessors, feels more like an early PC 3D RPG, clunky, hallow and unrefined; just short of immersive. I feel Shaun's review was spot-on, where this entry is incrementally better CM's previous games, but well short of expectations. Too bad, market seems ripe for a quality release in the genre that pushes it to the next level.

3. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    So I've played through the little tutorial part of the game. A few thoughts:

• Man this game really eats through battery life. Not the end of the world, but something to keep in mind. This game may end up being a "plugged in" game for me.
    • I've tried it on my iPad Air 2 using the new PXN Speedy controller. Much of the MFI controller support is pretty good, but the look sensitivity is very low. The sensitivity for the left thumbstick (move) is just fine, but on the right thumb stick, it's very low. It takes so long just do a slight turn. There's a sensitivity setting in the game options, but it doesn't seem to affect the controller sensitivity.
    • I do like the Morrowind look and feel to this game, though it stokes that desire for Bethesda to finally port TESIII to iOS (still my #1 desired port). This'll do in the mean time.

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    the sensativity thing is fixed, and will be in the next update with a slew of other fixes and tweaks.

5. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    #105 Avatre, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    I'm having fun with this so far, playing on the iPad Air on very high settings and it's running smoothly. There's just two things: in the first town, the armour shop and the weapon shop appear to have swapped vendors? I'm buying blades and bows from the iron works and armour from the blades and bow shop.
    Secondly, I'd really like to see a button for looting/opening doors etc. Atm I have to tap and move around quite a bit before I can loot a corpse and it definitely gets annoying.

Edit: I've been playing the rogue, just reached level 15. I've been pumping points into strength and agility and am now duel wielding a rather cool sword and axe. I've had no problem with the stealth, other than getting too close and being spotted, but it's far too slow so I don't bother much, I'll get the teleport behind talent and then use it more.

6. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Anyone found a shield yet? I'm a warrior and would love to take advantage of the points I've pumped into my shield-related skills, but I can't find one to buy anywhere. I assumed the vendors would sell one but no luck. I am only in the first town, though.

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone found any mounts besides the horse?

8. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    #108 Killerluffy246, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Terrible map

I really wonder who is the beta tester for this game or is there even one, the biggest problem when I play this game is the map, I mean come on man , why is there not a single legend on the map ? Even a kid would know how to draw a map correctly, I was wasting so much time going through every houses to finally found the shop , seriously ...
    Furthermore, can you at least put a marker on the map so that we know the correct direction to our destination without constantly checking the map every 5 minute I move ? Sigh such frustration playing a simple game

To make things easier, why not ask Galoobeth to try out the popular survival game RADIATION ISLAND from atypical games, look how they make a proper map and learn from it then fix this .

9. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I agree that the map isn't phenomenal, but if you open the map from your inventory it has labels. It's quite zoomed in and you can't zoom out... But it's there.

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    How do you link stuff to your toolbar besides spells. Like armor, weapons, potions or mount deeds to call your mount?

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Well I am level 21 on my warrior now and I did find several different color weapons and armor. Not sure if it makes a difference or not but I also found a 2 handed axe that had additional stats like plus 2 str and end so I know thats a good piece at least.

12. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    This game is not perfect but I'm enjoying myself and glad to be playing this. At least this is better than Zodiac orcanon odyssey

13. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I don't think you can

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Weird. I'm playing through the first one at the moment and I can't imagine not having my frequently used weapons, spells, skills, potions linked to the bottom bar. I use it all the time. Why would they take it out for the sequel?

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Yea that is very strange I mean if you are a ranger you would want to switch from bow to melee weapon I would think without going into your bag...

16. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    buggy as usual

Whoa so an exit out of cobweb cave bring me to ruby coast ? that is just amazing isn't it ?
    ( the amount of bugs in this game is seriously killing my mood to play anymore )

17. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

No icloud support? No way to play this game on one device and continue on another? Come on....there are games on the app store made by 12 year olds that have that feature

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Any cloaks in this or no?

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I couldn't remember if the first one had iCloud so I redownloaded and found that it does not. Also redownloaded Ravensword Shadowlands and found it doesn't have iCloud either. All my progress in previous play throughs was nowhere to be found. Bummer.

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    We've run into crashing issues adding iCloud in the past, that's why we took it out of Ravensword as well.
    The iCloud plugins for Unity are sort of crappy. We really don't need one more thing that can crash this (or that) game. Also, yes there are cloaks in the game.
    Back to working on the update!