Universal Aralon: Forge and Flame (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 3, 2015.

1. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    #81 shadowgamerr, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    The Shadow Sun feels and is a very polished experience, quite easy to get hooked by and it will entertain you for the duration. It's not long, I remember finishing it in the advertised time but I took my time in some of the areas because I liked the attention to details.

I can't say I don't recommend Aralon: Forge and Flame, as I haven't played it in its entirety and it's just that right now it could do with some more polish as it still has its small issues. Knowing CM and Galoobeth I expect things will get better, but I don't expect the price to drop so soon, so it's up to you when you buy it, but probably the price will be the same if you plan on playing it soon.

Also, you can read the reviews from both games and see which looks like it's more up your alley.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some Gnolls to slain.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    On my last session I decided to go to very high on the graphics and details and was a little surprised that it ran smooth on my 5s and it def improved the landscape.
    As i said previous I have never played the first one but now I'm going to so I have something to compare it too plus it's not a bad game.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Also about the graphics I think they are really good! Last night I was running around during sunlight and it started turning to night so that was pretty awesome.

4. itsLDN

itsLDN Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 29, 2015
    RPG Grinder
    London
    #84 itsLDN, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Difficulty settings would be nice, although I am unsure on if that would be achievable now. I'm playing as a warrior with a lot of STR but I kinda wish I went rogue.
    Has anyone actually gone rogue yet and if so, what makes them special? I'd imagine they must be able to open locks because I keep seeing chests that require a lock pick but have yet to get one. I've been told I can get more from Richard once I complete his quest but I can't complete the quest as he turns hostile before you can talk to him (doesn't attack, but can't interact with him).

Every area I've ventured back to seems to have a constant supply of respawning enemies except for the gnolls by the first town.

The shops even lock up for the night, sat outside a potion shop waiting for it to open up initially.

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    It's only on the main map. Dungeons are respawning fine.

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    @josh, i think there is some bugs in graphic settings. the setting always change randomly. im on 6s plus, tmrw i will try it again on air 2 and pro.

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I have had them respawning on the main map no lie. All I do is leave that whole are example ridge then go to say cliffs and go back to ridge (just an example) when I do they are back again and it's not always the same ones and not always in same place at least I don't think so. It's how I was able to get 15 gnoll teeth faster. Also if you go in a cave or town then go back on main map they are there respwaned too.

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Yup doing that. Nothing respawning but rabbits. Reinstalled and tried different characters. The cave outside of town respawns skeletons and gnolls the overland map spawns nothing.

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Are the wolves respawning and can you gather more willow leaves etc cuz not only am I getting to fight those again I can pick the plants again too so i have tons of that stuff like 20 willow leaves.
    I'm not saying every single bad guy respwans but def enough to help. Sand Crabs respawned for me too and of course gnoll.
    That is so weird what device are you playing on, I'm on a 5s running public beta latest.

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    6+ and plants / everything respawns but monsters that are red dots. Heck even the guy that ask you to meet him in town has respawns back and you can talk to him on the map to complete the quest.

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Randomly? Like it won't hold the same setting for you?

12. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    yes, on my second play the lighting setting turned to very low, on my third play the detail turn to very low but the lighting turned to very high. my default setting was:
    lighting: high
    detail: medium
    its like everytime i go back to the graphics menu, it wont hold the same setting i previously setup.

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Its probably a Unity quality settings issue - where its taking the device info and setting a certain setting there.
    We'll look into it.

14. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I really enjoy this sequel .. Lots of fun, premium game, lots of content it seems. My only suggestion would be more options in the way of skills. Maybe a couple new classes to pick from ? Monk or priest or something maybe .. But I enjoy this game it's like the first but with more things to do. I got my money worth that's for sure. Happy camper here lol
    Tony

15. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    great. one more thing, how do you put bow and sword on the quick menu so i dont have to enter the bag menu everytime to switch weapon? im using a mfi controller btw.

16. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    #96 jamiejap, Dec 3, 2015
    the German translation is awfull, one senseless sentence after another. have to change it to english.

otherwise it feels like coming home again, i have had a great time with the first on, and everything feels so similar , that's great!

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    sorry about that - right now we're using Google Translate which obviously isn't very good. Its a lot of work to localize the game because of the amount of text and various areas the text is in.

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #98 Amenbrother, Dec 3, 2015
    How do you link it to the toolbar without a controller? That link button isnt showing up for me with weapons only spells.

19. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    @josh, i think the issue with the graphics setting are related to mfi controller. i tried to play without using mfi and the setting stays, also another issue with some significant framedrop are gone. mfi makes the game's framerate drop under 20fps to almost unplayable on some area. now without mfi i can get smooth framerate 30-45 fps on most of area with very high setting on both lighting and detail.

20. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Phew...if every language except english was translated with google I would suggest to take them out completely. I mean, I did played it in german first too and most of the sentences didnt make any sense. People will rant less if the game is only available in english. They will definitely be angry if a game is advertised to have alternative language subs which suck. Just my two cents.