Universal Aralon: Forge and Flame (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 3, 2015.

1. infinityking

infinityking Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015
    Henchmen in the game?

2. Kasparek

Kasparek New Member

Dec 3, 2015
    First impression is good, but control/steering is very confusing and bad, it was much better in Sword and Shadow.
    Is there any chance that this will change.?

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone else think its way to easy or its just me?

4. The 45 min video I took did drain half my 6S's battery. I don't know if that's normal for an open world RPG or not. This is the first one I've played in a long time.

5. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    #65 WaveLightGames, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    With proper optimization techniques and tools that are commonly available today, 3D graphics shouldn't be a huge drain on battery usage any more. Especially on a device that makes use of Metal. I think a lot of developers either don't know how to optimize well or use Metal as an excuse to pile on loads of unnecessary effects rather than use it as a way of conserving battery life.

That being said, 45 minutes for half battery isn't too terrible. Does the device get hot during play or not? If it heats up, then I'd say that the game isn't that well optimized. If it's not getting that hot, then the CPU / GPU isn't getting hit that hard and perhaps the drain is relatively normal.

6. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    woo! it's finally out! Really enjoying it so far :D

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

Ok so my character is called Playername now. Hope that can get corrected, because you can't skip the opening and while the game is fun, I wouldn't want to do that again for the fifth time.

Range weapons don't always work, not sure if it's clipping or what. But if energy doesn't regen correctly then I am at a loss.

And seriously, this has practically no character customization. The map feels very linear at the moment and non of the monsters are respawning on the map.

As for the sparsity, that isn't a problem with the crazy aggro range. But that's ok, you have a bow. Oh wait; no point in that cause it doesn't work unless they are right in front of you.

The skill tree for all classes, what's the point of upgrading to do high tech version of the same spell?. The ranger for example has 3 aimed type of shots, they all do the same thing. They are just named differently, have a lot higher casting cost and do slightly more damage.

I am tired and frustrated already and I am just past the first village. It is an Aralon game and fun still. But I could be happy with these game mechanics and Zenonia 1 sprites. This just doesn't feel as amazing as the first.

And give me back my damn Pally class.

8. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    What kind of console have you been playing on?

9. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Reading most comments in here i am so glad i did not buy.
    Not for the money.
    For the dissappointment after so high expectations.

10. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I didn't play previous version so I have a couple questions:
    Where do I find a crafting table? And a lockpick so I can get into the locked houses in the first village especially the brew shop so I can complete the sick child quest. Thanks In advance!

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Its $4.99 thats not a lot, I am loving it but a bit too easy maybe.

12. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    #72 Rothgarr, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    So, I got flagged as a criminal. I guess I opened someone's bedside table. Now the guards in town immediately kill me each time I load the game. Does the criminal flag wear off? Or do I have to go way back to an earlier save point?

Also, no shadows on my iPad Air :( I have to play on my iPhone 6s plus to get full visuals...

EDIT: I just hid in a house for 10 - 15 minutes and the criminal flag wore off. The guard that was originally waiting outside the house to kill me welcome me "Greetings, Citizen".

13. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I don't know why people bought this; it's clear that Crescent Moon makes half baked RPGs with abysmal stories, wonky controls & a clearly uninspired world to "openly explore". The original was only good due to the time it was released.

The character models look amateurish, the art style is seriously lacking, or maybe I'm too thick to see this is actually a very clever art style in which they purposefully made it look terrible ironically!

TL;DR: Don't go in with hopes of a clean, polished product with open world exploration & you won't be disappointed!

14. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    True. 4,99 is not much. But because i trust most people in here i think i am going to be so disappointed. Was waiting so long for this :(

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I had that happen too I attacked a peasant on accident and the guards came after me so I went back to a earlier save point. Still trying to figure out how to get a lockpick so I can visit the shops.

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    From what I have observed a lot of people had "their own" expectations of what this game would be and it's actually not Crescent Moon or Josh's fault they have been honest about it and haven't promised unreasonable things that didn't make it. In other words this is not Zodiac so put down the pitchforks.
    An update is coming some time tomorrow that will straighten some issues not sure which ones but maybe Josh can fill us in here. this is a full game at least and I am enjoying it. I did not play the first game in the series. Also I am simply playing the devil's advocate in this post not attacking you for your opinion which is totally your right to have.

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    You just have to stay outside of the town for a little bit for your reputation to go back.
    On the shadows, try putting the settings to Very high for lighting in the main menu and let me know if that works for you.

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    We are compiling a list of all of the most important fixes and tweaks to submit an update - probably tomorrow or Saturday, so with any luck an update will be approved by next week!
    Thanks for playing guys :)

19. itsLDN

itsLDN Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 29, 2015
    RPG Grinder
    London
    Feels really easy, only time I got moment of panic was in the tomb with the Skeleton wizards. But even then, that lasted a short period.

I've been playing all morning, currently level 22 and only got to the second town/city. So far I've fallen through the map once and had two quest bugs which resulted in what I imagine should be a friendly NPC being hostile. Also spent 30 minutes trying to stop my character name reverting to the default setting. Even so, I'm happy with the outcome so far, hopefully I am towards the end.

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It would be cool to see w hard mode added in the future but I am new to the series so it hasn't been super easy yet but I can tell once I get it all down it might. At least in this case the fun will be beating with all the diff classes and characters and that alone should take some time. Other than that only other thing I would say is more enemies to fight. I know someone mentioned on a post that the enemies are no respawning and I can only say you may doing something wrong cuz I have went back to plenty spots and got to fight enemies over again and that has helped me to level up quick too.