Universal Aralon: Forge and Flame (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Suggestion: Improve Weapon/Armor Shop Interface

Also, the Shop Interface is pretty bad:
    1) Why does the shop inventory need to be split between 2 shopkeepers in e.g. Taryn? Combined with 2-4 below, this makes it extremely tedious to shop for new equipment.

2) I have no way to compare a weapon I'm interested in with the one I'm currently using in the Shop Interface.
    2a) Best would be to bring up the stats of the currently equipped piece as well, so you can compare directly.
    2b) Alternatively/in addition: On the Shop piece, show the stat changes colorcoded, e.g. "+2-5 damage" in green as it's better, or "-3 armor" in red if it's worse.

3) Colorcode Weapons/Armor that you cannot use. E.g. by giving the item icon a red border.

4) Add options to further narrow down the view. E.g. "Show only Bows", "Show only Secondary Weapons", "Show only Helmets".

5) Reduce the amount of trash items. This applies both for loot and the Shops. Instead of giving me yet another "Armour 5 Bad Bearhide Glove", why not just add more Gold to the loot? Effect is the same, with the added bonus that I don't have to sell trash.
    Same goes for the Shop: Why do they need to carry the inferior stuff? Noone's going to buy a 2-5 damage Dagger, when you also have a 10-20 on offer. Sometimes less is more, and cleaning out the inventory would help immensely.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I totally wanted #2 when replaying the first Aralon. This would be pretty helpful.

I'd love to be able to jump like Ravensword, but the whole game might have to be reworked to allow for jumping over obstacles, I imagine. So, that's probably less of a priority for me going into this one.

3. chamillion205

chamillion205 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    hotel cook
    BIRMINGHAM
    Well, just to play the role of opposition, the majority of games in general has the portrayal of non- ethnic characters. I think it's fine if a few games choose to go against the majority. Would u be saying the same thing if the only option was a "white" character. (Sorry if that offends anyone I'm not tryin to.✌#️)

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    He was agreeing with me. I was asking why you can only be a white human, but they have elves and trolls, lol. Also why is there only one face for each character.

5. JarvisJackrabbit

JarvisJackrabbit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Game breaking bug :-(

I had been enjoying the heck out of this game until encountering a real game-breaker. I just reached the Elven Isle and decided to swim around for a minute to see if there was any treasure around (y'know, because that's just what you do). I swam between two large rocks and fell off the map. My character is now falling forever and the God-forsaken game auto-saved as soon as I began falling. There is nowhere to go and no way to die. Also, the wand of return is unusable on the Elven Isle, so I can't simply teleport out of it.

The last time I saved was five "game days" ago. Be careful.

6. JarvisJackrabbit

Mar 10, 2011
    Helga's ring would be nice right now...

Attached Files:

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    since the update is still 'waiting for review' (which means it isn't being reviewed yet)
    I think we're just going to cancel it and put in another update since we've already done a ton more fixes since the last one was submitted.

8. JarvisJackrabbit

Mar 10, 2011
    #208 JarvisJackrabbit, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    Sounds great, Josh. It's terrific that the issues brought up so far are being addressed. It will be worth the wait, I'm sure!

Still really enjoying the game in spite of losing some progress. It was pretty easy to get caught up since I already knew what to do.

Thanks for the update on the update.

9. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Nice! Can't wait for the update.

Hopefully I'll get to see shadows on my iPad Air as I'd prefer to play on that rather than my phone. (If not I'll just re-roll on my phone)

10. JarvisJackrabbit

Mar 10, 2011
    Why are the Grawl witch doctors so overpowered in Dun Morthwyl? I'm at lv. 38 and those guys kill me in three hits, which doesn't take very long when there are three of them in a single room. Grawl elders are cake compared to the witch doctors. The witch doctors' relatively low HP is inconsequential when they're in a group.

It's grinding time.

11. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    I was the same level as you and beat the game just as easily. It was probably one of the few areas where the enemies fell finely balanced and fell like you are nearing completion.

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #212 redribbon, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    good decision. i rather wait for a fully working game(with no significant bugs) than playing it early with bugs contained. bring the next one out josh :D

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Does anyone know if the Warrior's Parry skill works with 2-Handed or Sword&Shield?
    The icon (2 crossed blades) and position in the skilltree imply that it only works for Dualwield.

14. shadowgamerr

Apr 16, 2011
    Right by your side
    This is why I am reluctant to buy games on Day 1...

15. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Never play a mmorpg at launch then

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    By the way, the Armor Merchants have some rather eclectic tastes:
    "No, my good sir, I'm terribly sorry. We do not carry shields, not even basic ones.
    But can I interest you in these Sparkly Shiny Fluffy Elven Boots of Cuteness with Extra Glitter +5? This season's collection just came in. Aahh, could you put that Axe down again, please? And may I compliment you on the look of rage on your face? The murder-filled eyes go very well with the steam coming out of your ears, if I may say so."

In other words: Where do I get a shield?

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man this really needs a harder difficulty toggle!!

18. shadowgamerr

Apr 16, 2011
    Right by your side
    Strange, I found some shields in Callaheim at the shop that is right in front of the West Gate. Aren't there any?

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You've posted the same thing like half a dozen times now dude. >_>

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #220 Nullzone, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Found them in that shop as well, now.
    Guess what: at least part of the Shop Inventory is randomised, and changes every time you talk to the Shopkeep.

@JoshCM: Who thought that was a good idea? Any chance you folks can reconsider and do a fixed inventory for the Shops?

And 2-Handed weapons aren't marked as such in the Shop. I can only guess from the icon if it's one or not.
    Which doesn't make any sense. When you see the weapon, you immediately know if it's 1H or 2H. Not to mention that you could, well, just ask the shopkeep.

Also, personally I find the "swing the shield while walking" animation *extremely* irritating. Noone mentioned that during testing?