Universal Aralon: Forge and Flame 3d rpg (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, if they are met, then... :)

2. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Huuge world and multiple big towns? I don't think our expectations can be too high with this game. We just can't expect it to be too much like skyrim like the guy that was talking about the special power like in skyrim haha

3. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Can you jump in this game? And, if I might make a request...please add maps to the dungeons/caves/interiors. Super excited about this game. I am currently playing the first one again, and have fallen in love once more! How long would you put this game as being in active development?

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i want stealth ability to kill, riding a horse,ability to swim(with some fishing mini game activity), hit detection combat and enemies reaction(unlike sky rim and must be better than ravensword 2), bow combat(similar to tomb raider reboot),explosive and breakable environment item. ok, ok i know I'm asking too much :(

5. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I was wondering if you guys have changed the way you move while mounting horses. It was perfect on Aralon, but quite irritating and odd on Ravensword 2. Will you guys be using Ravensword's style or Aralons?

6. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    3/4 of that stuff was in the first... That's not asking too much...

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah i was going to say the same, sounds like he hasnt played the original game. I'm currently working my way through Ravensword I, tempted to go back and give Aralon another go, epic RPG

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i don't really like the first aralon due to its combat system(i prefer ravensword 2). yes i only played it like 30minutes and never play it again. thats why i bought shadow sun but never play it after i saw some gameplay video :D

9. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Well the combat system is going to be like the first and not ravensword 2.

10. Scope_Reflex

Scope_Reflex Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I thought the combat was good in Aralon 1, although a little refinement with the blocking is welcomed.

11. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah me too. I was just saying that because of what red said.
    I loved just about everything in the first one besides the graphics and controls at times but I didn't complain at all # soo excited for the second one!!

12. Scope_Reflex

Scope_Reflex Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    It's neat to see the evouloution of iOS. I mean does any handheld really have anything like ravensword 2 or Aralon? Not really. In terms of Skyrim-esque RPGs.

13. Kyoshirin

Kyoshirin Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Well im a huge Aralon Fan to be honest i feel Aralon was their most solid RPG game i liked the art of Ravensword but it just felt empty as compared to Aralon. I agree with geno use Aralon 1 as a core the formula you guys used to to make that game was perfecto and i think it actually took me 30 plus hrs to beat it lol and PLEASE keep the ability to attack the towns people and also the guards that made the replay ( my imagination lol) to make the game last even longer afterwards the combat was pretty solid. I would love to see more spell abilities given to the dual swordsman which was my favorite character. Also the guild missions concept also helped further the game for me. And guys this game inst Skyrim lol let Josh and Crescent Moon do their magic and handle the game. I think a bounty system would be awesome as well. Also is it possible to make certain quest replyable ? Like the thiefs lair question is RS 2 was fun but i wanted to fight them again D: < haha So possibly a band of thieves you could go fight on the side. I liked the house concept but i rather you guys focus on Skills, Items, and weapons and armors. Also i felt like Aralon was more populated compared to RS2. For an example, im just chilling in the city and see a thieve trying to kill a civilian. im like HALT YOU FOOL FEEL MY BLADE OF JUSTICE~! haha I also loved the Moral system whether youre good or infamous or neutral. So overall i would base the game off of the core of Aralon 1 mainly and just add to it from your past experience with your other games. Sorry if i sound bossy Josh i just really admire your guys work on Aralon! Kudos

14. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    It's GDC! Any gameplay vids?

15. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    #135 Nuke77, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    In my opinion, Aralon 2 would be amazing if Crescent and Galoobeth were to just mix Aralon 1 and Ravensword 2. Take everything that worked in each game and hone it, then combine it all to create a more complete experience to add upon.

For example, Aralon has day and night cycles, fishing, dual wielding, crafting, cooking, plant harvesting, underwater swimming, outlaw status, the ability to attack whoever, waiting/sleeping, character and class creation, no need to eat, etc. Whereas, Ravensword 2 has an awesome control system with the ability to jump, roll, shoot magic from hands, fast travel to discovered areas, a compass, a map of the world or more defined areas like cities and caves including a real time gps-like map, the ability to purchase and create a home, lock picking, pick pocketing, hiding/sneaking, jails you can escape from, flying on dragons/giant birds, etc.

So, take all of these things and improve upon them, then put them together in Aralon 2 with a solid main story. After that, fill the world with loads of fawna and wildlife and tons of places and ruins to discover with a lot of side quests. Add a few things like improved NPC and enemy AI, a weather system like snow and rain, a bounty system, several cities and towns of various sizes, a quest compass, ailments, extensive guild quests, etc.

Whew! That was long!

All that said, I know Aralon 2 will be an amazing game, regardless, that will push the mobile RPG genre to new levels, and I can't wait. So, thanks, and keep up the stellar work guys!

16. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #136 Edmilan, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    Nothing new from GDC for this game? Not even a new screenie? :(

17. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Trailer or anything from GDC?

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Nope.

19. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Josh did say, on his twitter, that he'd post some new screens soon.

20. jivey21

jivey21 Member

Mar 23, 2014

this!!!!