Universal Aralon: Forge and Flame 3d rpg (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Aralon 1, Ravensword Shadowlands, Mines of Mars, Rimelands, Pocket RPG, Shadow Blade, Almightree, Neon Shadow, Coldfire Keep, among a few others are well loved (by me) to let the turn-down Exiles make me lose hope in Crescent Moon Games.

So far Exiles and the Space Chicks freemium conversion (cant blame them if the game wasnt selling well that they had to switch) are the only disappointments i have from CM, but everything else i have from them still delivered high quality gaming experience for me.

Im still positive about Aralon 2 and even still waiting (hoping is more accurate i guess) for some form of content update that fills the Exiles world with stuff to do.

2. abstractcolors215

abstractcolors215 Active Member

Sep 12, 2013
    USA
    I am so excited for Aralon 2, huge fan of the first one!

3. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Any news or screenshots to share? Trying hard to be patient here!:D

4. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Hey guys! I see from your Twitter, that you plan to show off some gameplay at GDC this week! Awesome!

5. Kyoshirin

Kyoshirin Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Hey Josh and Crescent Moon, i just wanted to give some feedback/ advice for your upcoming aralon forge and flame game. I enjoyed aralon sword and shadow quite a bit the world was fun to travel had a TON of places to explore and caves as well. the towns even seemed lively. I think my best advice is to take what success or highlights you have done excellent on in the original aralon and add from there. Sure its awesome to have HUGE worlds and AMAZING graphics but the main focus i believe should be the story , ( gameplay i love the spells builds and combos of aralon which made it fun) the quest and many NPC in the game. The ability to attack anyone you want even guards or king knights bandits dragons. The moral system which ranks you as good or bad was awesome. So i would definitely focus on making sure the world is populated with NPCs( interesting ones ) and lots of decent quest . You could also expand on the Guild aspect( like quests specific to guilds or groups within the game) Hidden bosses or caves for rare items would be fun as well. The strong points for aralon was the gameplay and NPC and the ability to build and attack anyone you want in opinion made the game way more playable even after you beat the game. lol i would go into the castle and take on all the guards or go to that Fort near the desert and take all the guards on. Or sneak into the bandit lair and slay everyone. you get my point!I don't mind new updates on the graphics expanding the world but try your best to maintain the original gameplay style and really do make sure to fill up the world. Ive played BOTH aralon and ravensword and no disrespect at all but i loved aralon far more than ravensword ( mainly because the abilities in ravensword were really dull besides the force rune i didn't really even enjoy using the sword when fighting sticked with crossbow more so but in aralon boy did i love going dual weild as a paladin and slaying people ! The world .... honestly in ravensword was so empty i beat the game in 10 hrs didn't see a reason to keep playing :/ aralon took me at least 50 hrs just for completing the quest and story! i still even played a bit more afterwards) in general feedback wise don't rush to push out aralon polish it enjoy it make it into a art so we can enjoy the full experience ! show the app store what a true touch rpg is i know you guys can do it! Sorry if i offended you in any way i just really am looking forward to Aralon Forge and Flame and hope it goes well so i wanted to help any way i can Good luck and cheers from a fan ! :)

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Please use the return key !!

Can't wait for this game to come out. Loved the original

7. Red_saaryn

Red_saaryn Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Writer
    I loved almost every game of your except your exiles game that was something that i would never ever play again, why?, simply, ios 8.x and up im not gonna ruin a good ipad just for that game also it had many bad reviews so i hope your next game would be universal and not just on devices but operative systems too

8. Nuke77

Nuke77 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I was just wondering if you guys use the RAIN AI add-on in Unity for Ravensword and Aralon games?

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #289 psj3809, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Many many new games are ios8 and up due to new features. You can't blame them for doing that. Games shouldn't lose out all because you have an old ipad 2

I know where you're coming from, i had an iphone 4s previously and its frustrating when games wouldnt work on it as i would have to upgrade the OS (didnt want to as it would be slow on my device). But Apple (and devs) cant hold back games due to people with old devices.

10. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    This, Heroes and Castles 2 and Forgotten Memories are what I'm mostly looking foward to this year in terms of mobile gaming
    :p

11. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Agreed, also Hearthstone for iPhone ;)

12. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Haha, I happily play Hearthstone on my iPad, XD but yeah, people with phones should be looking forward to hearthstone for iPhone :)

13. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
  14. Grifman

Grifman Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    No buy here until they fix Exiles. Why they are working on another game while that one is so lacking in content leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, one not likely to be forgotten soon.

15. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Very true.... I love aralon, but exiles i never bought because of the reviews and ratings, it completely tanked.

16. Why there's potatoes? Why not strawberries?

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Doesnt Aralon have a different dev team than Exiles? I think Exiles is a CMG original while Aralon is only CMG published. Is it?

18. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Not exactly.

Aralon Sword & Shadow started out as a Galoobeth Games game, but before the release they got taken under the wing of Crescent Moon. CM overhauled the graphics (perhaps some other aspects of the game as well), but I think it's safe to assume that gameplay design and story were done by Galoobeth Games. And I think it's safe to assume that the guys from Galoobeth Games won't let their creation become anything less than what the first game was.

Yes, Exiles is all done by CM.

So technically you shouldn't let Exiles affect your opinion on Aralon 2, but I can see why it did.

19. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    The graphics on this one are going to amazing, going by me playing aralon again this week on my air 2, it looked fantastic! Real time shadows when the sun rises and sets and particle effects is just really great, considering this game is 4 yrs old on mobile, the new aralon must be really taking advantage of the hardware. I hope we see alo more weapons this time, and blood and weather effects. There is so much i hope they implement, i really hope it expands on the first one exponentially ✌#️✌#✌#

20. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I replayed as well, and I have to agree. Looked great. Played really well. High expectations on this one.