Universal Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition (by DANGEN ENTERTAINMENT K.K.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Makara Nou, Mar 26, 2020.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    If anyone was concerned about the visual bugs and was holding off (or entirely avoiding this) because of them, you’ll be glad to know (through the absolutely MASSIVE update notes) that everything (literally all the things I've brought up earlier in the thread) has been adressed. It feels rock solid now (and finally feels native to mobile and not just a port) and is an absolute pleasure to play. Super mega extra points for allowing us to independently hide both the d-pad and the buttons.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Anyone knows if this still has black bars after the update?

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Of course it does. It was meant to be like this from the start. The visual bugs that were causing things to appear out of frame have just been fixed. I know it isn't a popular 'decision' 'round these parts, but there's no way of getting the game full screen without completely distorting the image. Believe me though, it doesn't affect the game in the least. The controls do appear over the border so it's not like the game wasn't adapted for the platform properly.

sakara214ever likes this.
  4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you! Then i will buy it to play it on iPad where black bars are not annoying me at all :)

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The controls are pretty unfriendly on the large iPad Pro.

You cannot adjust the position or size of them. You do however have an option for a fixed or free position for the joystick.

The 4 directional joystick has the arrows too far away from each other on a large screen, it needs to be smaller. Also you can hardly see it as it is too transparent.
    The 4 action buttons get in the way of text. You need to be able to change their position at least.

Your only option is to completely hide the controls, which means you have to guess where each action button is, and each directional arrow is.

It works better on my iPhone due to the smaller screen, but I play games on my iPad.
    You can completely hide them and use a physical gamepad, which does work really well I admit.

But if they could just tweak them a bit and give us some positioning options the tap controls would be 100% better.

6. On iPad Pro 2nd Gen with PS4 controllers

Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition really had a strong opening: charming characters, witty dialogues, brilliant sound design right from the start and easy but engaging exploration. I liked the fact that any object that could be interacted with would be shinning, which let me know what to do next. However, chapter 2 was quite the opposite as the game was trying to develop a more serious storyline. I almost gave up playing it altogether. I felt like it was rushed and not beatifically crafted. On top of that, the combat system was very basic and dull (it was great that I could skip all of the battle encounters). Glad I survived such boredom and experienced what the rest of the game had to offer. It surely picked up and managed to stay decent until the end. The story still felt cliché, nonetheless. But it was certainly well put together, and I began to like it. It would be a near perfect game for me if the rest of it could live up to the prologue. Don't get me wrong. Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition was still a good game, and I enjoyed it a lot. Overall, I gave it 7/10.