iPhone Aquaria - (by Semi Secret Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 2, 2011.

1. adamans

adamans Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Dir. of Communications at Code-Monkeys & Soma Game
    Oregon
    It is well deserved. This is now my go to game when I am tired of bug hunting, meetings and some of the less fun things about game development, lol. I still like to kill zombies when I am frustrated but Aquaria has succeeded in calming me much more. Congrats!

2. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I love, love Aquaria so much. Bought the PC version back when it was released for $30 and it's well worth it. At $5 this game is a steal.

That said, I don't like the controls on the iPad version very much. They work well, but my hand keeps blocking the screen. It's a beautifull game, so I don't want my ugly hand in front of it.

Is there any chance for the inclusion of a virtual analog stick in the future? I have one of those Fling for iPad joysticks, and it plays like a dream with Glowfix HD, a game with very similar gameplay (they even have the touch controls option that is exactly the same as Aquaria's). The option would be greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers

3. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    More control options would be great, but the current controls are fantastic.

4. jkruger951

jkruger951 New Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I am stuck in the same place. I can't figure out what I am supposed to do to get out of here or to get to the Lion Boss. So frustrating. I tried to register at Bit Blot and it says my registration has errors! I love this game but I need some help. Please someone out there. :(

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  6. ap3604

ap3604 Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Why the hell isn't this game available for the iPhone yet? :confused:

7. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    It probably requires quite a bit of reworking for iPhone. The current controls would mean you'd cover most of the screen while playing.

8. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #108 dclose, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
    This I don't understand, because the gameplay style is very similar to [thread=116079]Shark[/thread], and that works great on the smaller screen.

9. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    A lot of the charm of Aquaria comes from the beautiful and detailed environments.. I don't think a small screen on which you have to perpetually put 2 fingers on will do them justice. I can also imagine that quick form switching will be nightmarish on a smaller screen with touch controls. (I basically just pointed out why the psp port is possible)These are my opinions of course .. but at the end of the day, Andrew Church and Alec just aren't very enthusiastic about bringing it to the iPhone.

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Question for you: do you guys have the song that lets you pick things up and carry them along? If you do, look for the white pearls. If you made it into the temple without the song, as I did the first time I started, you will need to restart (but it really won't take that long to retrace your steps).

11. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I thought they fixed that in the update.lol

12. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    They may very well have. I have no way of knowing what version they are playing and it wasn't clear exactly why they were stuck, so I tried to cover the bases, so to speak.

13. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Will Aquaria be seeing a Retina update for the iPad 3 anytime soon?

14. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    question... is this worth the price?

looks fantastic and i already got money to buy it... just want to know, from ppl that played it, if it's worth it

15. take

take Active Member

Jan 1, 2012
    this game is easily worth the price. great controls, fantastic art, hours of gameplay. you can't lose.

16. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Yeah it's a beautiful game. Although I eventually got frustrated with a boss and couldn't progress. Feel like a wuss for saying it but I wish they were easier! Bosses aside, it's a gorgeous game and really engaging. Definitely worth it - it's like a cross between Ecco and Super Metroid.

17. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Sold! :D

18. Kschreck

Kschreck Member

May 26, 2011
    Yeah I hope this gets an iPad 3 Retina display update. Don't think it would take a whole lot of effort to implement since it can do high res on regular computers with ease.

19. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I'm buying this as soon as it gets a retina update

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Bought this when it was released... With the hopes that I would get an iPad soon after... Then last month I finally did, but just now started this up and seriously got into it.

Totally blown away. It's like a mix of Ecco, Phoenix Spirit, and Metroid. I'm totally in love. I played the PC version a while back, but didn't get to finish it because of a comp crash, and again, never got around to playing the rest of it. But the touch controls are perfect. Definitely a game that fits perfectly on the platform.