iPhone Aquaria - (by Semi Secret Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 2, 2011.

1. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Also I imagine it will be more difficult than the desktop version as they won't be able to replicate number keys for form shifts / abilities - you will actually need to play the tunes :eek:. That throws timing out something chronic.

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm stuck in the energy temple. I can't figure out where I'm supposed to go. I decided to look at a walkthrough but each one I've looked at refers to having a Bind Song to be able to pick up the pearls, but I don't have that song.

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I am encountering a crash to the home screen often on an ipad1. All of my apps are closed out and I have about 45GB available.

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Reminds me a lot of Perfect Cell and another one (a flying squirrel?) but I think this is much longer and fascinating. Will preempt everything else on the wishlist once budget and time allow...

5. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Whoa ! I encountered an error ! I was swimming around and this error popped out ...could not load seedflower.lua.

@Misguided :Try out the youtube walkthroughs =p

6. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I had this same error in Kelp Forest.

Nonetheless, absolutely great game for a fantastic price. This is how games for the iPad should be...

7. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I thought this was a spam message :))

8. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Mine crashes alot on startup too. I restart my iPad when I want to play and it works better.

9. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Definite bug. I should not have been able to enter the Energy Temple without the binding song. I'm soft-locked and will have to start over.

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  11. violentv

Nov 4, 2010
    #71 violentv, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
    I have gotten my Spirit form, reached The Veil and I am totally lost now. lol

EDIT: Ah..I had to head to the Sun Temple

12. finefin

finefin Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    programmer, designer
    Berlin
    uh. what a bummer. I was actually looking forward to this game. Exploration games are just my cup of seaweed-tea...

But on my iPad1 it crashes every 5-10 minutes.
    No other apps running, fresh reboot, 1.2GB free space, iOS 4.3.5
    Several memory warnings in console output before crash.
    The last crash ended in a white apple of forced reboot.

oh what a surprise! I love Lua as much as I hate ObjC, haha!

So... I'll wait til the next update and I hope the low memory crashes will be fixed soon. I really want to play this game!

-finefin

13. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I don't have this problem at all. During my 8 hours with the game I had one single crash. I never did a restart nor did I end the other programs in the multitasking bar though. I am on an iPad1 32GB, non-JB, iOS 5.

14. Adam Atomic

Adam Atomic Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Indie Game Dev
    Austin, TX
    Hey everyone! Just a quick update: we've got a good fix for the soft-locks (being able to sneak into Energy temple without the Bind song) and we're working on some fixes for the memory problems as well, that update should be submitting very soon.

We actually already submitted an update to address the LUA script popup errors before release, it just hasn't made it through review yet. Thanks for your patience and for your feedback, and hopefully we'll get these weird problems under control :)

15. violentv

Nov 4, 2010
    Autosave kicked in when I brought up my menu in the middle of a boss fight at the Sun Temple.

It is kind of unfortunate...since after dying I will immediately spawn with 40% hp and almost no healing items/pots right in the middle of the Sun Temple's Boss's lair. zzz

I guess I will have to reload a saved file.

16. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Thanks for the update, Adam.

17. finefin

finefin Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    programmer, designer
    Berlin
    the devs are very friendly and try to help with my problems.
    looks like my install was corrupted anyhow. I deleted the app (savegames gone, but I haven't got very far anyway) and reinstalled and it looks like it's stable... I hope it will stay that way

thanks, Andrew ;)

18. jaze

jaze Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Working fine for me after I restarted my iPad. No crashes. Before the restart though it did crash a few times.

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Aquaria runs flawless for me on the iPad 2. This is just an absolute well put together and great game in all aspects and deserves every penny.

20. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    At least on the desktop version you can swing that fight in such a situation. But I guess an awful lot of clicking translates into fingers all over the screen. Damn I want to try this on iPad now lol.