Apple TV Aqua TV for Apple TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by ShredIt!, Jan 22, 2016.

1. ShredIt!

ShredIt! Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2014
    #1 ShredIt!, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    For anyone with an Apple TV who wants to occasionally turn their big TV into a an aquarium, there's now a proper option on the Apple TV store!

There are LOADs of aquarium apps available, but they're mainly all streaming YouTube videos.

Now though, you can get Aqua TV!

You can find out more about it at www.aqua-tv.co.uk and this is a link to the iOS video preview:

https://youtu.be/IkyF_uIgRhc

Here are the key features:

• Beautifully created and animated 3D fish, with realistic AI.
    • Loads of customisation options to make the tank look just as you want.
    • Shuffle mode to switch between multiple tanks at random.
    • View tanks from the front, or from above!
    • Select from three chilled out soundtracks or use your own playlists.

And there is full iCloud support so creations can be edited on the move on iPhone/iPad and automatically updated on the big screen.

This is not a free app, but we believe we've created a premium experience, and need to charge for it: £2.99, US$3.99, €3.99

If you like aquariums, we're sure you'll think it's excellent value!

Enjoy!

Extra Mile Studios

Makers of Shred It! - hence the user name :)!

Attached Files:

2. ShredIt!

Sep 25, 2014
    Update adds stuff to make app better shocker!!!

Hi again!

A month ago we let you know about the launch of Aqua TV – The Ultimate Digital Aquarium; well, with the latest update it can truly claim that mantle!

On top of a host of small, but cool, updates we’ve added the ability to take your fish collection in to a huge, open sea, tropical reef.

And of course, with all that extra space you can now add giant turtles, sharks … and even manta rays!

Aqua TV is available for Apple TV, iPad and iPhone here:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/aqua-tv/id1055708799

It’s a premium download, but if you want to review just let us know and we can set you up with a promo code.

Here's an updated promo trailer:

https://youtu.be/pP5ekHtjVEA

And there are a couple of screen shots of the open sea scenes below.

Lastlty, here are 5 promo codes for those that want to have a play:

63M93EJEWKKM
    XLAMR7HYNY7M
    W3XKNXPWNH3R
    YJT6A7HELT6M
    3KHKW6T7HFFH

If you take one, please post saying which so others know.

And if you like it, please say something nice about Aqua TV on the AppStore too :)!

Extra Mile Studios.

Attached Files:

3. Showmelater

Showmelater Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2012
    ## used this one:

YJT6A7HELT6M

Regards
    N.K

4. babaroga73

babaroga73 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    W3XKNXPWNH3R redeemed ! Cheers!

5. britbloke

britbloke Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Thanks OP, I used 3KHKW6T7HFFH.

6. ShredIt!

Sep 25, 2014
    Hope you enjoy folks!

7. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Looks quite tempting - but I'm concerned about all the IAP - - can you explain what comes with the $3.99 purchase price - do you get an assortment of fish/backgrounds/tanks, etc. or are they all add-ons via IAP of shells?
    Thanks...

8. britbloke

britbloke Member

Jan 14, 2010
    You do start off with 10,000 shells (if I'm remembering right) which is enough for a couple of tanks with fish.

9. ShredIt!

Sep 25, 2014
    Hi Wrath, yes, Britbloke is correct.

For the initial purchase price you get 10,000 Shells - these are used as in game currency.

You can buy different tanks (or the tropical reef) to deck out with fish; and if it's an aquarium tank you have then you can also add ornaments, wallpapers and floors.

The 10,000 Shells will let you buy a couple of tanks, a number of fish types (when you buy a type of fish you can then add multiple copies),and add some ornaments and wallpapers.

When you have run out of Shells you can earn more by watching videos, or buy more through IAPs.

Compared to Candy Crush or Clash of Clans we think this is a pretty fair and ethical monetisation - IAPs actually get you stuff; and stuff you can see/use and keep for ever.

10. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I did end up buying, but just an FYI - startup up screen welcome message indicates you will be starting off with 12,500 shells and then when you get to the main screen it shows you actually only start with 10,000....

- Unfortunately, I think some of the fish are scaled kind of small, if not hard to see.
    - Would be nice to be able to purchase individual decorations instead of only pre-designed tank setups (although they are nicely done).
    - A feeding option would be great!

Overall, seems nicely done. :)

11. ShredIt!

Sep 25, 2014
    Yes, we spotted that bug, and there's a fix going in to Apple.

That's part of the reason that in the meantime we reduced the cost of all tanks by 50%, so it should compennsate for that error.

The fish scales (no pun intended) are actually all done based on research we did for the median size of each of the fish types. And they are in relation to the different tank sizes. So when you see a clown fish in a small tank it looks much bigger than in a big tank - or the open reef :)!

We also limit the number in each, so again for clown fish 14 in a small tank, but 40 in the ocean.

On ornaments, I think that's a valid point, but if we have individual placement it becomes much harder to manage tank layout. It is something that we will look at, because we ourselves would like to do this!

The fish capacity, is also determined by the ornaments - which all take up space - so a big ornament leaves room for less fish and vice versa.

It's part of the reason why so far we have ornaments in sets.

You will notice if you place an ornament in a different sized tank you will get a different layout of those items, but it is still preset.

Who'd have thought a fish simulator could be so complicated :)!

Glad you like it though!

12. ShredIt!

Sep 25, 2014
    To those who have bought Aqua TV, or used one of the promo codes, version 1.2 is now in the App Store.

Got some new fish - including a pretty cool Seahorse - and have also added an improved zoom/pan feature to cameras in the tropical reef.

Lastly, we've made some improvements in performance and AI to give smoother animation on very full scenes.

Hope you enjoy the new update!

13. sintax

sintax Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Bummer, I guess all the codes have been used. As stated, there are tons of aquarium apps on Apple TV. Already bought a couple but wish I would have known about this one first. Keep up the good work, ShredIt!

14. eddag

eddag Active Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Head of a small studio
    Warsaw, Poland
    Congratulates the idea, finally have an aquarium at home:)

15. ShredIt!

Sep 25, 2014
    Hi Sintax,

Will post some more tomorrow.

As I understand it, the codes only last for a limited time, but it will at least let people try it out for free for a period.

Cheers,

Shred It!

16. ShredIt!

Sep 25, 2014
    Promo Codes for the 1.2 Update

Here you go folks:

PT77P3679FWA
    6AAERENJ3LEA
    6PTETJ3HHFWL
    WY7TMR7RE4LJ
    LRYWNH377YFL

Enjoy!

17. ShredIt!

Sep 25, 2014
    Many updates!

Hi all,

Been a long time since we've dropped in - and indeed we're up at V1.7 now - with a load more content and features added since 1.2!

Going to give 5 promo codes to the first 5 who ask :)!

Not only is Aqua TV on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV - it's now also available on MacOS - and looks awesome on big Mac monitors!

Going to give it a mention on that thread too, but if you want a MacOS code, you can ask for that here too :)!

Cheers,

Shred It!

18. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I wouldn't mind giving this a try... :)

19. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    #19 Wrath, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    I have had this on all my iOS devices since day one (well, close to release date, lol) ... would love a code to try it on MacOS! :)

20. ShredIt!

Sep 25, 2014
    Which platform ac166?